Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 155

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1236643 times)

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Industrial.Evolution 3.1.b - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1500 on: October 12, 2022, 06:27:55 AM »

Can we build the Kadur version of the megachurch, or is it unique to Oasis?
Because I would love some church version for the more anti-luddic, but religious factions.
(This is both a question if we can do so already, and a request to be able to if we can't)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 06:34:16 AM by YourLocalMairaaboo »

Stopple

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: October 12, 2022, 12:39:43 PM »

requesting help regarding detached fleets

I sent a few detachments of ships to one of my colonies.  They made it there, orbited for a few moments, and docked.  The detached fleets still exist in the UI and I'm wondering how to free up the slots, now that they have completed their mission.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: October 12, 2022, 01:41:16 PM »

bugs! Bugs for the bug god!
thanks for reporting imma check what's going on

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: October 12, 2022, 01:49:55 PM »

requesting help regarding detached fleets

I sent a few detachments of ships to one of my colonies.  They made it there, orbited for a few moments, and docked.  The detached fleets still exist in the UI and I'm wondering how to free up the slots, now that they have completed their mission.

I have seen this one two. Returning the ships from that detachment back to your fleet should clear the detachment. That's how it worked fir me at least.

Neitronus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: October 13, 2022, 05:29:17 AM »

Any chance for previous version download? Game lags really hard after the update on intel screen and galaxy map.

Stopple

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: October 13, 2022, 09:27:36 AM »

quick bug report

the recently added consumables (fuel scoop, repair, spoofer, etc) can be instantly regenerated at stations by simply hitting "I" over and over while looking at open or black markets

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Industrial.Evolution 3.1.c - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1506 on: October 13, 2022, 02:38:35 PM »

SAVE COMPATIBLE
3.1 is sometimes save compatible with 3.0.

Requires MagicLib
Requires LazyLib

There are currently no known compatibility issues with other mods.
Yes, this means it is compatible with Nexerelin and Terraforming and Station Construction.

Integrated with Version Checker
Pairs well with Grand.Colonies
as well as Substance.Abuse

Buncha fixes, better colony integration, more love

Change Log
3.1.c
  • General
  • Added - Better Colonies SP-Improvement Config data
  • Items
  • Fixed - Refreshing market no longer updates consumable item presence
  • Fixed - Consumables no longer vanish from storage
  • Artillery Stations
  • Adjusted - S-Point improvement now increases range by 4000
  • Adjusted - Tracking distance on missiles 400 -> 800 SU
  • Adjusted - Missile speed 200 -> 250 SU/s
  • Adjusted - Slightly decreased railgun projectile travel time
  • Fixed - Nex colony fleets now auto-destroy the artillery when establishing a colony
  • Research Projects
  • Fixed - New Projects intel is no longer perma-important (does not fix currently stuck intel entries, sorry!)
  • World Wonders
  • Added - Toggle to switch between alternate visuals (if present)
[close]
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 09:23:01 AM by SirHartley »

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: October 13, 2022, 02:52:09 PM »

3.1.c
  • Research Projects
  • Fixed - New Projects intel is no longer perma-important (does not fix currently stuck intel entries, sorry!)
If I were willing to poke around in my saved games' campaign.xml file(s) to manually remove the already-present entries, what would I look for?

I ask because I've made quite a bit of progress between 3.1.b and this 3.1.c release, and am willing to take the risk (as I make plenty of .rar backups).

EDIT: Nevermind... maybe my saves are a unique situation, but the fix seems to be retroactive for me; was just able to load up Starsector after returning from being away from home, no more omni-present New Research Projects notifications.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 04:02:29 PM by TimeDiver »

Sigma Draconis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: October 13, 2022, 05:12:28 PM »

How does one spawn the new arty stations and the watchtower using console commands?

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: October 14, 2022, 02:20:19 AM »

What about new defensive edict that forms a basic militia patrol out of some of your faction's trade ships? This would reduce access somewhat and the ships would have same poor quality your trade fleets usually have, but would allow you to get some patrols without Patrol HQ. Or you could boost Patrol HQ this way in a pinch.

vok3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: October 14, 2022, 07:35:25 AM »

Artillery was a bad idea.  It adds nothing to the game - no interesting or meaningful choices at all.  It's just a hassle whose net effect is to avoid gameplay.  And there's way too much of it in an area that supposedly was a thinly colonized frontier.

And having read through the settings file to figure out how to disable it, gratuitously insulting your users is about as low class as you can get.  Don't do that.

Soda Savvy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: October 14, 2022, 08:24:05 AM »

Insulting people and arbitrary gatekeeping is how they feel good about themselves. Don't kinkshame them!

MattyK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: October 14, 2022, 08:39:04 AM »

In regards to the artillery platforms, what could potentially help a lot is actually giving the detection stations (and platform itself) a visible detection radius like standard fleets and platforms (as well as allowing for things like Sensors, system topography and Going Dark to have an effect on them). It'd tie it in better than the sudden blindsiding and immediate bombardment that seems to be happening around these platforms.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: October 14, 2022, 09:08:37 AM »

Artillery was a bad idea.  It adds nothing to the game - no interesting or meaningful choices at all.  It's just a hassle whose net effect is to avoid gameplay.  And there's way too much of it in an area that supposedly was a thinly colonized frontier.

And having read through the settings file to figure out how to disable it, gratuitously insulting your users is about as low class as you can get.  Don't do that.
Someone got weak bones, I see.

In regards to the artillery platforms, what could potentially help a lot is actually giving the detection stations (and platform itself) a visible detection radius like standard fleets and platforms (as well as allowing for things like Sensors, system topography and Going Dark to have an effect on them). It'd tie it in better than the sudden blindsiding and immediate bombardment that seems to be happening around these platforms.
Artillery stations don't actually detect you by themselves, only watchtowers and hostile fleets do - but I can see how the system has an issue with telegraphing that feature. Yeah, I'll work on improving player feedback and try to align with vanilla sensor range mechanics, good suggestion!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 09:12:18 AM by SirHartley »

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: October 14, 2022, 09:20:55 AM »

artillery gives you the choice of either a) avoiding it to approach whatever you're trying to approach, which is easier than you seem to think it is, or b) disabling it by hacking the watch towers. if a fleet doesn't see you, which is probably the smarter way to invade literally anything, then you won't get shot. sounds simple, tbh

also, it's the author's mod. he's allowed to say you have weak bones for disabling something that he put time and effort into. i would do the same thing with my mods if i had anything that made the game actively harder.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 155