Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 156

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1264441 times)

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Industrial.Evolution 2.2.h - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1155 on: January 15, 2022, 09:48:12 AM »

after realizing DA didnt have printing support, i dived into the config and added the ships myself, it was honestly surprisingly easy... but i noticed something in the base config... the ziggurat... thats an alluring thought. if i understand the AI-core descriptions correctly, i should be able to get 3 charges easily... and possibly even 4 prints... i have to try this

Would you mind describing your method of adding ships to printing?

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: January 15, 2022, 06:23:22 PM »

Would you mind describing your method of adding ships to printing?

Pretty simple, go into industrial 'evolution > data > config > indEvo > printing_whitelist.csv'
or and mod with industrial evolution it'll be in pretty much the same pathway.

to add ships, simply add the hull's name-id to the list, you can find this either with 'list ships' with the console commands mod, or you can go into any mod's 'data > hulls' file and use the names of those .ship files, some of them may actually be fighters, but as far as i'm aware there isnt anything that should go wrong if a fighter finds its way into that list.

with notepad++ and a clipboard of 'diableavionics_' it was nice and easy to just type out the names of the ships off of the list right besides it on my desktop.
and i suppose i should note i added them to industrial evolutions own printing whitelist, that way it's easier for me to keep track of it and maintain it after updating
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 06:25:26 PM by Killsode »

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: January 16, 2022, 11:36:50 PM »

Scrolled through but couldn't see if this was answered or not: Is there a second page to the colony screen or are you limited to 9 buildings per colony?

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: January 16, 2022, 11:53:47 PM »

@Arghy you should use the Grand Colonies mod that adds another page:
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=20986.0

Nimiety

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: January 17, 2022, 03:13:56 AM »

Found a blue star system with 9 planets with medium or better mineable resources each. And two of em are extreme cold cyrovolcanics perfect for a supercomputer. If only the ores market was bigger I could make an absolute fortune with a centralization bureau.
Mmm, maybe I still can with refining/ fuel production... *checks* Oh jesus, 3 markets making 3 fuel each and a 200,000 market size. No wonder fuel is 50/u everywhere in this nex random sector.

Time to print some antimatter! Loving the mod, especially those restorable ruins you can find sometimes, really flavourful.

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: January 17, 2022, 09:52:42 AM »

@Arghy you should use the Grand Colonies mod that adds another page:
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=20986.0
Nice! I wanted to make my new capital fancy haha now it will have more buildings!

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: January 17, 2022, 12:40:05 PM »

Question about reverse engineering ships, do BP packs work or should it only be the blank ones or singular ship BPs? I think i correctly did the white list but i wanna know which BP copies i should keep and which i should sell.

*Alright i didn't get the printing whitelist to work haha--is it the hullname or hullID?
**It's hullID in both printing and reverse engineering whitelist!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 02:53:42 PM by Arghy »

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: January 19, 2022, 10:09:31 PM »

Admin training may cause a crash. I left two of my admins for training just to see what will happen. One of them gained Hypercognition, the other tried to gain 'adminSalaryTier3' which does not exist anymore, and causes a crash.

Obsidian Actual

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: January 20, 2022, 12:01:00 AM »

Admin training may cause a crash. I left two of my admins for training just to see what will happen. One of them gained Hypercognition, the other tried to gain 'adminSalaryTier3' which does not exist anymore, and causes a crash.

See this post by calmatt for a possible save-edit fix.

(Unless there's a way to permanently squash this bug in a future build/patch, we may need to render this ad-hoc solution somewhere more visible for everyone to see. This error has been reported numerous times already, after all.)

Nox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: January 20, 2022, 12:08:20 AM »

i just edited the config and added a salary for tier 3
--
No good deed goes unpunished.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: January 21, 2022, 04:08:44 AM »

administrators got nerfed and significantly less interesting with skills 2.1 first actually just bad change i've seen starsector have

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: January 21, 2022, 01:34:58 PM »

administrators got nerfed and significantly less interesting with skills 2.1 first actually just bad change i've seen starsector have

This is way too simplified in my opinion. Alex has a point, there is complexity, then there is complexity, but what we have now is kinda straightforward, and as far as admins go... it's just 1 skill... what? :D

Hague

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: January 21, 2022, 02:47:25 PM »

Academy:
"This structure increases the system-wide officer quality, officer quantity for defence fleets assembled on this planet" 
Does the first part stack if you have 2 in 1 system?

feals like this should be a 1 per system building.
"This structure increases faction officer quality and quantity in this system"
is it posible to balance upkeep based on number of planets owned in system ?

It says it right in the description: "defence fleets assembled on this planet" That means fleets provided by other buildings on the planet. You need multiple academies if you want that bonus on all your fleets by my reading.

Chronia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: January 21, 2022, 04:26:15 PM »

Academy:
"This structure increases the system-wide officer quality, officer quantity for defence fleets assembled on this planet" 
Does the first part stack if you have 2 in 1 system?

feals like this should be a 1 per system building.
"This structure increases faction officer quality and quantity in this system"
is it posible to balance upkeep based on number of planets owned in system ?

It says it right in the description: "defence fleets assembled on this planet" That means fleets provided by other buildings on the planet. You need multiple academies if you want that bonus on all your fleets by my reading.

I haven't looked at the code, but based on the comma that is two separate clauses:

"This structure increases the system-wide officer quality" (for the entire system, which is what Norath is asking about)

AND

"This structure increases officer quantity for defence fleets assembled on this planet" (for just the planet, as you point out)

MrTwister

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: January 21, 2022, 11:04:18 PM »

Can someone explain supercomputers to me? Where would I get the AI cores to support them?
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 156