Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 156

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1262687 times)

sphr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Industrial.Evolution 2.2.h - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1125 on: December 28, 2021, 12:11:15 AM »

Howdy, thanks for the great mod.

Have an issue with rift generator which i cant find any documentation for. There's a mention of planetary target but no hint on how to make one.
I can't really move my planet as it thinks my outposts are colonies. How can i make a planetary target?

There is a "target" thing? I built and activated that thing without knowing and the planet just turned invisible after a fancy animation (but is still in the same place...)

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: December 28, 2021, 05:04:48 AM »

Oh no, this doesn't sound right. I'll take a look!

DrTechman42

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: December 29, 2021, 08:46:26 AM »

Is there a way to save edit the output of the Laboratory industry? The current roll made it barely usable for the planet and I hope to change it somehow.

I've figured it out. To all those who shall venture after me: go into the save file, search "Ancient Laboratory" and locate the long string just underneath. That string contains the ref id that you search next and you get all you need. Just change the output.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 09:18:24 AM by DrTechman42 »

Lethargic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: December 30, 2021, 04:02:09 AM »

Hi i found a crash related to training admin in galatia academy. It's about "admintier3 salary not found" please check the picture i attached. Can it be fixed without deleting the save?

[attachment deleted by admin]

sphr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: December 30, 2021, 05:23:58 AM »

Hi i found a crash related to training admin in galatia academy. It's about "admintier3 salary not found" please check the picture i attached. Can it be fixed without deleting the save?

Got that crash too. I just add the to settings json myself :)

Lethargic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: December 30, 2021, 06:18:15 AM »

How do you fix it? Pls tell me, my current playthrough is already progressing nicely.

Nox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: December 30, 2021, 05:30:16 PM »

Hello sir and thanks for this excellent mod.

I'm wondering did you leave out pirate faction ambassadors on purpose?  i'm just digging into it now - If it's easy enough I'll add an (expensive) pirate ambassador (a fixer, naturally)

edit: I found the whitelist for factions, lined it up with starsector-core\data\world\factions\pirates.faction - added the key 'pirates'

not sure how long I should wait before a pirate ambassador shows up.  I know ambassadors can show up in stations.  Not sure how big the pop has to be that might be my problem.  I should look to that. 

edit+:

I don't see that you've parameterized the base level (or mentioned it) in configs.  Is there a min size for spawning these?  I guess I could look to the source. if you don't respond.

Also I am using your mod alongside DIY stations and it's working apparently flawlessly.

edit++:

Welp, can't hire an ambassador if your faction relationship is 'too low'.  I don't know what too low is.
upside, it all worked as expected.  Downside, pretty much worked as expected.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 08:58:33 PM by Nox »
--
No good deed goes unpunished.

Coil

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: December 31, 2021, 12:36:16 AM »

Why are you training admins to tier 3? There are only two admin skills and one of them should only be for alpha cores

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: December 31, 2021, 02:10:58 AM »

I found an Nvidia Graphics card for the Supercomputer, i laughed so hard, thank you!
^^

oreganor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: December 31, 2021, 07:39:43 AM »

How do you fix it? Pls tell me, my current playthrough is already progressing nicely.

Hi Lethargic, I did make the same mistake as you. To bypass the problem look for this file in your instalation:

{installation directory}\starsector-core\data\config\settings.json

Open it with your prefered plain text editor, look for this block:

Code
	#"adminMaxHireable":20,
"adminHireTier0":5000,
"adminHireTier1":40000,
"adminHireTier2":40000, # need to keep for backwards comp for now
"adminSalaryTier0":2500,
"adminSalaryTier1":20000,
"adminSalaryTier2":20000, # need to keep for backwards comp for now
"idleAdminSalaryMult":0.1,

And modify to include a line to deal with Tier3 admins like this:

Code
	#"adminMaxHireable":20,
"adminHireTier0":5000,
"adminHireTier1":40000,
"adminHireTier2":40000, # need to keep for backwards comp for now
"adminSalaryTier0":2500,
"adminSalaryTier1":20000,
"adminSalaryTier2":20000, # need to keep for backwards comp for now
        "adminSalaryTier3":20000,
"idleAdminSalaryMult":0.1,

As I wasn't comfortable with an admin with a Tier it shouldn't have, I reached Galatia thanks to this "fix", recovered him and fired him. Next time I know I shouldn't train admins that are already Tier2.

I suppose that the mod should check for this particular request and prevent players to train admins that already have their Industrial skill.

Stalkar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: December 31, 2021, 03:49:14 PM »

You probably had enough feedback over the past 2 years but will still leave out what i have played around
Structures you can build
Spoiler
Variable A/M:
Spoiler
Neat idea of having actual items from your colonies rather then just cash plus if you are me who slapped something like marines VPC and just forgot about its existance,by the time you come back you could realise you have a force to conquer the galacy no,for real,by the time i came back and remembered about it i had like 50k marines in stock,if you place several of these you could make it less of a pain for yourself to get the goods if you need them
apart from that i have some concerns on how profitable some of them are in comparison to demand->output with or without including the items but that i will leave for later
Main issue with it is that you need to place the VPCs that are not producing the commodity that you already produce,bcs it doesnt add up,but its more of a planet building thing which is up to player to solve
[close]
Commodify Forge:
Spoiler
i only consider it as a way to get rid of unwanted VPCs if you explore a lot,it seems like it prints as much commodity as 2x of production from VM which doesnt sound like worth it to me in long-term
[close]
also on the whole note of VPC,if i understand how things work correctly it might be needed to give them their own rolling dice rather then replace the specials,as it blows the pool quite a bit

M/I relays:
Spoiler
Interesting idea,if you only want to have one HC in the system and boost other colonies without AI getting empowered from other mods
Doesnt work if your me,since i usually find only one system and turtle it to hell and back with military bases or HCs on every planet no,i am not joking,if you seen several 750 DP fleets invading you you know that one HC+few relays is not gonna be enough

On the other hand having "relay hypertransmitter" thing boost it and act as a domain-era comm relay for the whole system is nice,does get inflated with TASC, but works
[close]
Centralization Bureau
Spoiler
THIS THING ROCKS,no srsly,if you find a proper planet that can fully self-sustain itself on base-line like for mining->refinery->HI/OW chain and have a system with other minable planets or just a cluster of systems its gonna do a lot
also helps with too insane cost on hypershunts and other item
There are two problems:
Spoiler
Firstly,i can see why there is a one per system limit,but i think you can abuse it still if you get lucky and find few logistics cores (now i am sure you deff can get more then 1) and place them in other systems close to each other (will test that later)
I would wanna say that it should scale up somehow(like based on planets in the system giving +1 per 5 planets or add +1 to the limit if a core is installed) or limit the strategy above in a way,but i am honestly not sure which is gonna be better for balance and or fun
and
I DONT THINK ITS SUPPOSED TO WORK THIS WAY

Basically it takes a few things that are industries and have a consumption,boosting it up,but not boosting the effect of the said thing,like not boosting the fleet size despite ramping up the consumption to skies
Plus this also can very much cause issues if your planet baseline is not able to sustain its own production chain so i think it shouldnt boost anything up to the point if it not being able to recieve import
[close]
[close]
Senate
Spoiler
I was mostly interested in two edits:GR to boost insanely slow grows past size 7 (i play it with cap of 9,dont judge me) but i couldnt find it
and II which is interesting if you use terraforming to minimise hazards,but only worth it on already grown planets
everything else didnt strike me
[close]
Restoration docks
Spoiler
If you like exploring and restore rare ships from vanilla or mods often(like XIV ships, radiants or just battle trophies) its gonna be worth the upkeep on it
otherwise its only worth it to restore custom production ships if you have not maxed the stability/not going for quality of ships doctrone
but again,i felt like it was worth it
[close]
Privateer Base
Spoiler
Interesting premise but i dont see how this is gonna be used without having higher colony size
basically you need this+HC and your size 6 planet is already full on industry slots and need sustain from outside to start it up (unless it takes fleet size from the entire system rather then just this planet and i am a dumbass,i havent played around with it much due to industry cost)

on the other hand if you have higher cap,like 8 (which makes 4 industries instead of 3 + hypershunt thing), you can fit at least one or two more industries to cover it

Since your storage is probably a massive dumpster filled with stuff you "might need in the future", finding what they brought back could be hard. Consider cleaning your house.
The fact that ^ being very true hurts me as a hoarder

[close]
Academy
Spoiler
Must have,but one per system,literally it
If you play with nex to have admin cap scaling this thing can help you raise bad admins in to good,i did have some funny moments with admins having 50k upkeep cost instead of 10k for the same two skills but its probably BC thing rather then this mod
but kinda makes me sad over recent vanilla nerf of player as admin since we have only one skill now
[close]
Requisitions Center
Spoiler
Useful thing if you'r lazy like me to visit other system to get the goods
It loses its point when you get the blueprints tho
[close]
Engineering hub
Spoiler
Mixed bag,it seems like you need 3 capital ships to get the blueprint and in most cases you will need more ships to feed this thing then you will build for youself
only useful if you want mass produce a ship for some reason or very stubborn on adding it to your patrols
also gets inflated by pure luck of getting the BP itself
[close]
Courier port
Spoiler
poor thing.....
i can see why and what was the reasoning behind this,but i dont think its required to have another layer of micro management,which is why i d rather not think about it and act like industries were supposed to put your stuff at gathering point by default,thanksfuly config allows it
seeing how often it is mentioned in the config i dont think i am the only one who thinks this way
[close]
Word symbols
Spoiler
Neat idea but honestly i'd rather it gave growth boost to not just one planet instead of story point for its cost and upkeep(with diminishing returns)
I hope this specific thing grows later in to something even more interesting if you have the plans for it
[close]
[close]
Stuff out there in the wilds of space
Spoiler
Ruined Infrastructure
Spoiler
Usually doesnt align with what i do and most of the times i will just scrap it
Unless i am missing out on something ofc,what i got from those was nothing much most of the time that at one point just took the slot and had to be removed
[close]
Derelict Industries
Spoiler
I have found one.... will not go much about it as it seems like you keep it under as a heavy spoiler thing beating everyone with a mop
Mainly its just that with vanilla you are heavily limited on just ~5 planets so "catching them all" is not possible unless you use Nex AND change the scaling of admin cap to easier one or use alpha cores..... big no for me on this one
I am pretty sure this is something that was intended to be seen through multiple different runs and to get them all in one stars have to align
will need to play around it to form a proper opinion
[close]
"Other"
Spoiler

as i have said after VA/VM section the VPC have a tendency to fill up specials pool along with a.....few "other" items,if you use mods like DIY your fked on finding what you might want with that huge of a specials pool
unless ofc you do "siren song" runs,which makes that easier but i doubt anyone other then me does them
[close]
[close]
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 10:26:08 AM by Stalkar »

temotodochi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: January 01, 2022, 02:56:16 AM »

There is a "target" thing? I built and activated that thing without knowing and the planet just turned invisible after a fancy animation (but is still in the same place...)

That target is hinted in the rift generator industry UI. I have no idea how to build one and can't find any details about it.

However now in another game i ran into your problem. I started up the rift generator and it was about to jump into my colony system. Rift sound came, but no graphics and no jump. Just constant rift hum.

Left the system and came back and now the planet is indeed invisible.

For details, jump was initiated the day it became available again and jump was supposed to be 8.9LY.

edit: in the same game i found another planet with rift gen, and was able to get it moving. But that previous stuck one is still stuck and won't move anywhere.
edit2: dang it, tried to move the stuck planet once more, this time with beta AI towards core worlds. It actually did jump after i had entered and exited the planet menu multiple times. Ended up in Canaan (church) system inside the star. Still invisible. :D
edit3: interstellar relay maybe was culprit because after i shut that down i got the stuck planet moving, but now it jumps inside stars.
edit4: So i got the damn planet where i wanted it, but it's indeed invisible and lives inside the main star. I do think it was the interstellar relay which caused this, but of course not sure. Interstellar relay on that planet gave out errors about infinite numbers while trying to save while the whole thing was stuck. Got rid of the relay and got it moving. Too bad the planets coordinates are now something like 0,0. :D
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 11:36:22 PM by temotodochi »

Droll

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: January 03, 2022, 09:16:12 AM »

Spoiler

as i have said after VA/VM section the VPC have a tendency to fill up specials pool along with a.....few "other" items,if you use mods like DIY your fked on finding what you might want with that huge of a specials pool
unless ofc you do "siren song" runs,which makes that easier but i doubt anyone other then me does them
[close]

What are "siren song" runs

Timtumm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: January 04, 2022, 09:03:25 AM »

I just came upon a ruin, and a factory that wants a bunch of ships as sacrifice. No matter how much I sacrifice, (I have a full fleet,) including everything I have, I am told that it is not enough! I am reading from other folks that they are getting a ship.

I have 2 Colossus, a battleship, multiple cruisers, and maxed fleet.

I am not using Nexerelin, but I am using like 20 other mods.

Nox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: January 06, 2022, 08:26:26 AM »

After using the privateer base for a while -

I suggest the following -
- sufficiently positive criminal relations has some repercussions with Hedge - who will force you to declare on them or declare you outlaw. - war with hedge, one-time hit with persean and their lackeys.

- lawless subpopulation that is positive has a high chance to suppress ludic path terrorists.  lawless subpop that is negative encourages and emboldens them and commits sabotage on batteries, privateer bases, ports and similarly related things.

thanks for listening

--
No good deed goes unpunished.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 156