Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112]

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1119645 times)

ilikegoodfood

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks
« Reply #1665 on: April 10, 2024, 08:25:58 AM »

Further on the Miscellaneous feature front, might you consider adding a quest line that allows for the restoration of The Great Houses of Kassadar as a fully fledged faction?
It'd be a really cool thing to be able to do, and would make the Kassadar start option more rewarding in the long run.

As far as I'm aware, it would just need to transfer the current independent world to them and removed the 'claimed by Kassadar' debuff from the worlds in the system when completed.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 08:32:52 AM by ilikegoodfood »

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: April 10, 2024, 09:03:38 AM »

People have been asking for that for quite a while (literal years, if I'm not wrong), to the point where there's a section of the FAQ specifically dedicated to respond to that. One of the main reasons Nia hasn't done it (and most probably won't ever do it) iirc is because it doesn't make sense lore wise (it's a dying polity, isolated far from a dying core worlds with precious little industry to get back on their feet after all).

Only answer you'll get from that suggestion won't be a positive one, I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 09:15:23 AM by A_Random_Dude »

ilikegoodfood

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: April 10, 2024, 10:38:30 AM »

That's fair. I'd missed that one.

I'd argue that the constraints given simply make the quest chain longer and more complex, possibly involving re-colonising the system, building out industries, establishing self-sufficiency, warding of threats, recovering lost ships, blueprints, and the like.
A single upstart with good ideas and someone, the player, to do the massive amount of grunt work required, could potentially achieve something.

I'm not saying that it should be done, only that there are ways to make it work if you wanted to, even given the core lore of Kassadari as a failing polity.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 10:58:22 AM by ilikegoodfood »

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: April 10, 2024, 12:23:02 PM »

I'm not saying that it should be done, only that there are ways to make it work if you wanted to

Yeah, but that seems to be the point really: Nia doesn't want to. And since they haven't budged on that since the beginning, I don't think there's much to be done here.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 12:24:53 PM by A_Random_Dude »

ilikegoodfood

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: April 10, 2024, 01:22:16 PM »

Yeah. And that's totally okay.

I responded as such before addressing the other point you made about lore reasons, to which I was again saying it could be worked around, not it should.

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: April 10, 2024, 05:44:15 PM »

Since you brought up "Miscellaneous Features"
Curious if you would be interested in adding a start option for the Jagdregallia ship thing that unlocks those.
Mainly cuz even knowing it's found in Black Holes I've still only found the damn thing once >.<

So as another little hint: the Halbmond will, in my experience, spawn around a gravity well/major landmark in the black hole systems. This can include asteroid fields and stable points, however, and might even be (I think?) at points inside an asteroid belt or ring system. So you don't even need the Neutrino Scanner, you just need to thoroughly check every point of interest in a BH system to be sure the Halb isn't there.

Also remember that, especially if the generated sector is short on black holes, the Halbmond can spawn in any pre-existing black hole systems added by other mods. I've had it appear in the Prester John system generated by HMI Supervillains and the Alicia system generated by HMI Brighton before. So make sure to investigate those too!

Vundaex

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: April 12, 2024, 03:57:45 PM »

The Caestus Metalican doesnt have an autofit template

HopeFall

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: April 18, 2024, 12:05:43 AM »

I still miss our glorious king, the Great Houses Dun Scaith. Only on a single playthrough did I realize that what I thought was an okay ship (there's a lot of capital competition in the modisphere) could be turned into a missile gunboat. It was my favorite, by far, capital out of anything in the game.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: April 18, 2024, 12:47:30 AM »

I still miss our glorious king, the Great Houses Dun Scaith. Only on a single playthrough did I realize that what I thought was an okay ship (there's a lot of capital competition in the modisphere) could be turned into a missile gunboat. It was my favorite, by far, capital out of anything in the game.
The Dun Scaith is still available as a bounty target (one-of-a-kind, sure; but what can ya do)... but getting it requires defeating a Legio Infernalis fleet stuffed to the gills with Daemons (that scale accordingly to your own fleet, at least in terms of s-mods).

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: April 18, 2024, 07:42:56 AM »

The Caestus Metalican doesnt have an autofit template

because it doesn't need one
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Keybindet

• Lieutenant