Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95.1a is out! (12/10/21); Blog post: Uniquifying the Factions, Part 2 (04/30/22)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [0.95.1a]Carter's Freetraders - V 0.4 - 05/16/22  (Read 10255 times)

Dazs

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a]Carter's Freetraders - V 0.4 - 05/16/22
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2022, 04:45:04 PM »

For the Missiles/Rockets, I believe the actual image in battle/the targetable rocket is too small. The PDM is basically a glowing dot, and the inferno rockets are much smaller than the anti-shield option (I'm at work so I don't have the name on hand.)
Also, the Inferno-rockets still do far too little damage and move too slow if they're intentional. You've made them worse than Anhialator's or even Light Mortars and far more expensive.
As for targetting, the targeting works well. But pilots can pilot them, and use them as a weapon targeting ships, which causes them to shine.
Ahh ok I get it now, thank you for the clarification. I can easily re-make their sprites to be more size appropriate. I already have a note to adjust the Inferno so that'll def be in the next patch.
For the tanker, I haven't taken it into battle (Sounds far too risky when it comes to my fuel supply), it's more that I could quite feasibly give it a pair of Railguns and have a ok support ship due to the sheer OP available.
I plan to give it a once over as well and most likely lower the OP and replace the mounted weapons on the variant with less op cost ones.
Finally for Autocanon ammo, I was considering just Expanded Magazine which from memory would bring them to 200. They then fire every 5 seconds, and reload every 10. At that rate, the ammo limit is... A joke.
Gotcha. I will be running it through a couple battles with different amounts and adjust the ammo count based on that testing. Thank you for the clarification, it helps.

Anyone else got an idea for the next patch? I'll be working on it when I can through the week.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]