Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Industrial.Evolution 1.8.c - Colony content expansion  (Read 87952 times)

SirHartley

• Captain
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a] Industrial.Evolution 1.8.c - Colony content expansion
« on: February 17, 2020, 12:17:57 PM »

This update will disable the mod in the launcher
    1.8 is not Save Compatible
    1.8.c is probably Save Compatible with 1.8.b

Integrated with Version Checker
    Requires MagicLib

This mod aims to deepen the colonization aspect of the game via addition of buildings and functionality.
    It does not modify any vanilla industries and should not add "better" versions of existing options – instead bringing new features not available anywhere else, to support whatever playstyle you choose.

The buildings added here have very diverse effects - from slowly repairing D-Mods of stored ships at a discount, over assembling automatic raiding fleets targeting your enemies for blueprints, storing officers and changing their personality, to reverse engineering ships, or even shipping cargo between colonies.

You might also come across some surprising things in the more dangerous, unexplored parts of the sector.

To install the mod, simply download the .zip file from the link above, unzip it in your Starsector mods directory, and enable it in the launcher.

This is safe to add to ongoing games, but not all features will work without a new save - and it will break saves if removed.
    Be aware that you will have issues finding some of the items added here if you already explored most of the sector.

There are currently no known compatibility issues with other mods.
    Yes, this means it is compatible with Terraforming and Station Construction.

Features:

Variable Assembler

A small autonomous production line with output and input depending entirely on a Variable Production Chip, which can be found in the ruins of former civilization.

Delivers some of the produced commodity to the local storage at the end of each month, amount depending on VPC type and colony size.

This building is a structure and does not require an industry slot – which severely restricts output.

FAQ

How does this work?
    You find a VPC anywhere you can find a Nanoforge, and install it in this structure. It will deposit a part of the total output into your cargo storage every month.

Can I set this to deliver to the gathering point?
    Yes. Check settings.json for the option to do so. Just note that there is a structure called “Courier Port”, which allows in-universe cargo shipments between colonies – and is more immersive.

Why do skills not work on this?
    Because it is a structure, and the export is capped at 3 economy units. It would be OP otherwise. Upgrade to the Variable Manufactory if you want a full industry.

[close]
    [close]
    Variable Manufactory

Upgradeable to from Variable Assembler
    A marvel of autonomous variable production - a full size industrial compound with output and input depending entirely on a Variable Production Chip, which can be found in the ruins of former civilization.

Delivers a large amount of the produced commodity to the local storage at the end of each month, amount depending on VPC type and colony size – it is a direct upgrade over the Variable Assembler, at the cost of an industry slot.

This requires an industry slot.

[close]
    Commodity Forge

This crude but effective hack of a variable assembler allows for rapid, high volume commodity production. Once installed, a Variable Production Chip becomes locked to this structure after a few days and is destroyed after a while.

Delivers a huge amount of commodities to the local storage, amount depending on VPC type and colony size.

Does not require an industry slot.

FAQ

How does this work?
    Place a VPC into this Structure. It will disassemble it over three months, and deliver a rather sizeable amount of commodities to the local storage.

I can’t change the VPC?
    The chip is locked to the structure after 7 days of operation to avoid cheesing it. No dice, mate.

It destroys the installed VPC? How is this ever worth it?
    VPCs are rather common, especially the normal variant. You might have three or four copies lying around – remember, a game does not last forever, and they are gathering dust in your dragon hoard. The Commodity Forge has superior output over even the Manufactory, so consider just burning those useless chips.

What is the “Industrial Supply Store”?
    The Commodity Forge can pull VPCs to disassemble from this storage. If you place them into that storage, the structure will pull them out of it to use, one after another. Note that this storage is shared with other buildings in this mod, the items you can deposit here are adjusted depending on the local buildings.

Can I set this to deliver to the gathering point?
    Yes. Check settings.json for the option to do so. Just note that there is a structure called “Courier Port”, which allows in-universe cargo shipments between colonies – and is more immersive.
    [close]
    [close]
    Military Relays

These hidden communications antennae enable instant contact and data transfer with every aligned entity in the system. Increases local fleet size depending on the largest fleet size available between all in-system colonies with a communications relay.

A Military Base on one of your colonies in the star system is required to build this. Once completed, the Relay takes the largest fleet size of all planets in the star system that have a Military Relay, and applies part of it to this planet.

FAQ

How does this work?
    The relay checks which planets are owned by you and get the highest fleet size of any planet with a relay int his star system. It then applies a part of that fleet size to the planet it is built on.

The relay ignores my 300% fleet size planet!?
    Only in-system planets with a relay are looked at when checking for highest fleet size. Build one over there as well, it's what this structure is for.

How does the bonus get calculated?
    The applied fleet size is calculated as follows, valid for all planets in a star system:
    Military base: 20% of highest fleet size applied
    High command: 35% of highest fleet size applied
    High command with alpha core: 40% of highest fleet size applied
    It then applies part of that highest fleet size to all planets with a relay, excluding the planet with the highest fleet size. (This is a flat bonus, so any multipliers you have apply to it – but the total will never exceed the highest total in the network, as the bonus does adjust itself accordingly.)

Do I need a Military Base/High Command on every planet?
    Nope! You only need one in the solar system. The local planet only needs a patrol HQ – saving you an industry slot.

Does it matter on which planet I build the military base/ High Command?
    Nope! The relay looks only for the largest in-system fleet size. The location of the base is not relevant.

[close]
    [close]
    Interstellar Relay

A militarized version of the communications relay, allows fast data transfer between allied star systems while maintaining high security. Due to the danger that hyperwave pulsing poses to human health these stations are usually crewed by the old, the disgraced, or anyone with little perspective.

Star systems with an Interstellar Relay can share fleet sizes for the military relay effect between them.
    This works as Makeshift Communications Relay without needing, or taking, a stable location.

FAQ

How does this work?
    This works exactly like the Military Relay, but it also looks at planets in other systems that have an Interstellar Relay when looking for the largest fleet size.

I don't get it.
    You got a star system with a military relay. It has a 300% fleet size planet. You have a second star system with one 150%, and two 30% planets. All of them have Military Relays. Build an Interstellar relay in both star systems, and that 300% planet will count as if it was in the second star system.

Still don't get it?
    Here is an image to explain
    [close]

What do you mean with "Makeshift Communications Relay?
    This works like that thing you can build at a stable location that makes market info appear and gives +1 stability to all colonies in the system. Yeah, it's cool, I know.
    [close]
    [close]
    Centralization Bureau

Specialized infrastructure to govern system wide commodity fabrication, transport and storage.

This looks for duplicate industries on your colonies in the star system and increases production output for the buildings on the planet it is installed on.
    If you had, for instance, 3 planets, and all three had a fuel production, this building would increase the output of the fuel production on the planet it is built on by 2.
    Does not require an industry slot, can only have one in the star system.

[close]
    Salvage Yards

Massive dumps for spaceship parts gathered throughout the system and brought here. Repurposing the remains of spacecraft can boost production, but will inevitably decrease ship quality.

This industry can increase the production budget even if heavy industry is present on the planet, but requires a steady stream of new wrecks, produced by destroying ships in the star system, by raids, bombings, incursions or pirate activity.

The Salvage Units you gather by creating wrecks will decay each month.
    Requires an industry slot, can only have one in the star system.

FAQ

Why would I need this?
    The production budget, which allows you to build ships, is determined by the highest ship hull output of a planet. Building, for instance, Modular Fabricators (from Shadowyards) next to heavy industry will not increase it due to the lower output of ModFabs. The Salvage Yards export their ship hulls via their own market, and therefore increase production budget by the full ship hull export amount even if installed on the same planet as heavy industry.

I still don't get it.
    (Example) Heavy Industry: Output of 5 ship hulls = Production Budget of 125.000 credits. If you have modular fabricator on the same planet (Output of 3 ship hulls) the production budget stays 125.000 credits (Budget is calculated with the largest planetary export!). If you have salvage yards on the same planet the production budget is increased by 25.000 credits for every ship hull it exports, in addition to the 125.000 provided by the heavy industry (example: Salvage yards: 3 Hulls, Heavy Industry : 5 Hulls, Budget: 200.000).

But it doesn't export anything other than some metal?
    The salvage yards export ship hulls and metals depending on the available Salvage Points. Ship hulls do not have a base export amount, metals have a base export of 2.

How do I get Salvage Units?
    You can gather Salvage Units by destroying ships during combat in the star system - the larger the destroyed ship, the more salvage units you get. Of course, it also counts if your patrol fleets destroy a hostile fleet, or get themselves destroyed. Raids, Invasions or any other hostile incursion will provide Salvage Units depending on if they failed and how large the hostile fleets were (if you were not present to defend the system). Pirate activity in the system generates a daily flat amount of units.

I don't understand Salvage Units decay.
    Salvage Units decay by 50% each month, or 30% if you have a gamma core installed. This means: you have 100 Units this month - next month, you will have 50 Units, or 70 with a gamma core.

Will metals also be exported like ship hulls even if I have refining with more output?
    No. The parallel export for ship hulls only works to increase production budget, not to make adjacent production possible.

A new colony just appeared in my overview?
    That’s how the salvage yards work, and how they can function alongside Heavy Industry. Don’t worry, it doesn’t count towards your colony limit, and you don’t need to assign an administrator.

Do debris fields in my system count?
    Nope. Not yet, anyways - maybe in the future.
    [close]
    [close]
    Supercomputer

Built deep into the earth, these massive supercomputing units use shackled AI to facilitate their work, causing their cores to burn out. The Hegemony keeps a close eye on all these facilities, but there is no known instance of one ever becoming self aware.

Increases the income of all colonies in the star system, stacking with diminished returns (building two will not get twice the effect) while consuming cores from the Industrial Supply Store to function.
    The effect of this is dependent on the planet conditions- temperate planets might be too hot to get decent results, this is best built in cold environments.

Requires an industry slot.

[close]
    Embassy

Embassies have existed ever since humans first formed countries - the need to represent oneself to another party is present even in the unstable political climate of the Persean Sector.

This structure improves relations with a faction each month, but increases any negative reputation changes by 50%.
    The faction is dependent on the Ambassador in office, which you must hire from a larger faction planet and transport to your Embassy. Make sure to get them there in good time, and without losing or killing them, as that will have consequences.

FAQ

How do I get an Ambassador?
    You can find them on any size 5+ planet of a faction in the comm panel.

How do I install the Ambassador?
    You will receive an item to your cargo when you hire an Ambassador, just install it in a finished Embassy.

I can’t uninstall the item anymore!?
    Removing an Ambassador from office is not something that can be done without consequence. Check the comm relay on your planet and ask the Ambassador to vacate office.

I was warned that the Ambassador will return home if I do not install him soon?
    Would you like to spend months on a random ship with a dodgy crew asking for favours and eyeing your watch?

The game told me the Ambassador was compromised.
    This happens when the Faction Agents lose track of the Ambassador. Wherever you put the poor guy, they could not follow. (Plugin tracking failed – this should not happen. Let me know where you put it so I can adjust the code.)

My reputation does not increase past 35?
    The passive monthly increase is limited to 35, or 50 with a beta core. The Ambassador/Embassy cannot increase it past this.

The faction I want to play with is not supported. Will this still work?
    The mod will work, and all faction mods, supported or not, are compatible. "Not supported" just means that Ambassadors will not spawn on planets of the faction, and you can therefore not hire them. Bug the mod authors to give me permission to add them, if you want them to work with this.

I want to add a faction to the whitelist!
    Go to “Industrial.Evolution\data\config\indEvo\embassy_whitelist.csv” and just add the faction id to the list. It’s dead simple.

What factions are supported?
    • Ashen Keepers
    • Blackrock Drive Yards
    • Dassault-Mikoyan Corporation
    • Fringe Defence Syndicate
    • Galaxy Tigers
    • Hegemony
    • Interstellar Imperium
    • Kadur Remnant
    • Luddic Church
    • Mayasura
    • ORA
    • Persean Democratic Peoples' Revolutionary Council
    • Persean League
    • Prv Starworks
    • Rimward Venture Trading Company
    • Rust Belt
    • Scy Nation
    • Shadowyards
    • Sindrian Diktat
    • Stormhawk Republic
    • Tri-Tachyon Corporation
    • Xhan Empire
    • Hazard Mining Incorporated
    • Brighton Federation
    • First Persean Empire
    • Metelson Industries
    • Caparice Trade Co. (Yuri)
    • Metelson
    • Spindle Protectorate (Scalartech)
    • Pearson Exotronics
    • Free Stars Union
    [close]
    [close]
    Senate

A senate is the political heart of a star system. Representatives of every planet meet here, deciding legislature, policies and treaties. It enables a more direct approach to planetary law, handling all the small issues that come with rapid regulation changes.

This structure allows you to issue Edicts on your colonies. Edicts are policies with a minimum runtime and very positive effects – but they always come with a drawback. Sometimes, the best Edict might be no Edict.

Does not require an industry slot, can only have one in the star system.

Edicts

Forced Labour
    Massively reduces the upkeep of all buildings, but causes a reduction in colony growth and temporary unrest.

Forced Relocation
    Relocates parts of the populace to other colonies in this star system, causing rapid growth on them, and some unrest. Effect depending on population size.

Industrial Incentives
    Increases all industry output by 1, doubles upkeep.

Labour Restrictions
    Increases stability, decreases all industry output.

Growth Reinvestment
    Invests income from this market over 20.000 credits into growth incentives, with a 25% bonus. Excess income over the incentive limit is refunded.

Subpopulation Cleansing
    Removes any subpopulations on this planet. Time required and unrest caused by this depend on population size, reduces income for the duration.

Wartime Lockdown
    Massively increases ground defence rating, fleet size and stability – with a 70% industry output reduction. Lasts 3 months and causes unrest after it ends.

Customs Control
    Increases accessibility of this planet for every other colony in the system. Reduces accessibility for all other colonies.

Hard Deadlines
    Increases Production budget and local ship hull output, but decreases ship quality.
    [close]
    FAQ

How do I enact an Edict?
    You can choose which edict to implement on any planet in a star system with a functional Senate. The menu point is in the planetary main menu.

How do I remove an Edict?
    Removing an edict is done the same way they are implemented – from the main planetary menu. Be aware that edicts have a minimum runtime, removing it before this has passed will cause unrest.

Some options are greyed out?
    Check the tooltip in the lower right corner as to what you might be missing to unlock the Edict.
    [close]
    [close]
    Restoration Docks

Dry docks and facilities to repair damaged starships, bustling with activity - there is always the next wreck to restore for a client too attached to a pile of scrap to see reason.

Slowly removes D-Mods from ships placed into its special storage, at a massive discount compared to fast restoration.
    AI Cores change how this Structure behaves.

FAQ

How does this work?
    This structure adds a “Storage” to the colony, in which you can place ships with D-Mods. They will then get repaired on month end.

Can I choose which D-Mod to remove?
    No. Removal is random, and will stay random. The only way to influence the behaviour of this structure is via AI cores.

How does this work under another factions control?
    If a Restoration Dock is under another factions’ control, it will perform just like a regular one – but you will have to pay a fee depending on hull size, per removed D-Mod.

How does the fee work?
    If under foreign faction control, You will have to pay a fee depending on your standing with that faction and the hull size. This can get expensive, so consider building your own docks.

What if I become hostile to a faction while they have my ships?
    The storage does not vanish or become inaccessible – so you can still retrieve you hulls, if you manage to dock with the planet. No repairs will be performed while hostile – except by the Pirates, which don’t care and will work as long as you got the credits.

Locations in the core worlds
    • Arcadia - Agreus  - Independent
    • Askonia - Cruor - Sindrian Diktat
    • Aztlan - Chicomoztoc  - Hegemony
    • Canaan - Asher - Luddic Church
    • Hybrasil - Culann - Tri-Tachyon
    • Isirah - Kapteyn Starworks - Pirate
    • Magec-Achaman - Nova Maxios - Independent
    • Mayasura - Lost Astropolis - Pirate
    • Naraka - Yama  - Hegemony
    • Thule - Kazeron - Persean League
    • Valhalla-Ragnar - Ragnar Complex - Hegemony
    • Westernesse - Suddene - Persean League
    • Zagan - Ilm - Independent
    [close]
    [close]
    Privateer Base

The Privateer Base allows the shady part of your populace to live out their chosen way of life in a semi-legal way, which can net you a tidy profit on what would otherwise be a nuisance.
    It will also cause a pirate subpopulation to appear on your planet, which has effects depending on your standing with the Pirates.

This will stage raids on hostile star systems and bring back spoils of war depending on the industrialisation of the raided planets. Output decays after some time if no new material is "liberated".

Requires 2 industry slots, can only have two in the star system.

FAQ

How does this work?
    You build it. It raids people you don’t like. If only life was always this simple.

Seriously though, how does this work?
    Every month, the Industry chooses a random faction you are hostile to, and checks the star systems where the faction is present. It then evaluates which system has the best spoils and where a raid is most likely to succeed and chooses the best location for a raid.

How is raid strength calculated?
    Raid strength depends on colony size, colony fleet size and AI core effects.

Does this mean it can cause a system to decivilize?
    No. During and for a time after a raid, the system gets blocked for subsequent/other raids. This block is shared between all Privateer bases and allows a system to regenerate.

What star systems can be targeted?
    Any system with a hostile colony that is part of the sector economy. This does not include those pesky pirate, pather, or modded temporary raid stations.

Do I get stuff?
    Your privateers bring back loot depending on what they raided. On planets without notable industrialization, you might only get a few weapons and maybe a fighter LPC, but if they raid a military base or heavy industries there is a good chance for blueprints.

I can't find the loot they brought back?
    Loot is delivered to your production gathering point on completion of the raid. Since your storage is probably a massive dumpster filled with stuff you "might need in the future", finding what they brought back could be hard. Consider cleaning your house.

Two industry slots? Why would this ever be worth it?
    Exports for this are uncapped. A size 4 colony with a successful Privateer base can export 10 units of every single commodity in the game, provided your raiders bring that much back. It can make a small colony instantly profitable, if you help them a bit on a raid.

What do you mean with “output decay”?
    The stuff your privateers took from other planets is being sold off. The output, or commodity export, of this industry therefore gets less and less over time, unless new material is acquired.
    [close]
    [close]
    Academy

The Academy is a centre of education, training a new generation of the sectors' best and brightest to take over the burdens of their forefathers - or just to die in some pointless war.

This structure increases the system-wide officer quality, officer quantity for defence fleets assembled on this planet, can store and train both administrators and officers and will massively increase the chance of hireable persons appearing here.

FAQ

How do I access the Academy?
    Just select “Visit the Academy” from the planetary main menu. If you also have a senate in the star system, you can find the menu point under “Colony Options”; also in the planetary main menu.

How does officer Personality training work?
    You simply select “Officer Personality Training” from the Academy menu, choose your officer, and select the training direction. After the required time has passed, the officer will have their personality changed and is moved to storage, where you can pick them up again.

What are the prerequisites for officer training?
    The academy can only change the personality of an officer once (Twice with an Alpha core) – the officer will not be available for selection after that.[/li][/list]

How does Administrator training work?
    Select “Administrator Training” from the Academy menu, and choose your Admin. After the required time has passed, the officer will acquire a new skill at level 3 and is moved to storage, where you can pick them up again.

What are the prerequisites for Admin training?
    The academy can only increase the skills of an Administrator until they have a total of 2 skills (like Vanilla) – the Admin will not be available for selection if he has 2 skills already.[/li][/list]

Officer/Administrator Storage?
    You can store personnel you don’t need at the academy. Stored officers do not count towards your limit and will cost you the same as if they were in your fleet without being assigned. You can retrieve them at any time if you have the capacity.

The Academy under AI control
    The Academy works exactly the same under foreign faction control – but training and storage will cost a fee, and you cannot access the facilities while hostile to the faction – so be careful who you leave your people with.

Where are the Academies in the Core worlds?
    The two Academies are in Galatia – Ancyra and in Hybrasil – Eochu Bres.
    [close]
    [close]
    Requisitions Center
    Resembling an office rather than a market, the Requisitions Center is an institution frequented by picky ship captains, collectors and people looking for specific weapon imports.

Creates a market selling weapons from factions you have good relations with. An Embassy with an active Ambassador on the same planet will cause the Center to source only from that faction. This can easily source specific rare and large weapons.
    AI cores change how this Structure operates.

FAQ

How does this work?
    This will source weapons from factions you are at minimum +35 reputation with. The higher your Reputation, the better and rarer weapons it will source.

And if I am at high standing with multiple factions?
    You will get a mixed inventory of weapons to choose from, the more rep, the more weapons of that faction.

Why is the inventory empty?!?
    Because you are a dirty warmonger and have no friends. Build a Privateer Base instead.

X weapon never shows up for sale!
    The faction might not know their own weapons, it is blacklisted from sale, or a system weapon.

I want weapons of X faction!
    Build an Embassy and install an Ambassador of that faction, and it’ll only source from that specific faction. Or use an Alpha core and stockpile the specific weapons you don’t want.

I have an Embassy, but want weapons of another specific faction?
    Switch out the Ambassador, or use a Gamma core and start some wars until the sourcing pool is smaller.

Where can I find this in the Core Worlds?
    Eos Exodus - Baetis
    [close]
    [close]
    Engineering Hub
    As the sector is decaying in knowledge, an institution specialized in the disassembly of functional spacecraft is a rare sight, and can only be afforded by the rich or the desperate.

Reverse engineer ships and turn them into blueprints after enough hulls have been disassembled. You have to overwrite a blueprint of matching hull size.

FAQ

How does this work?
    Place ship hulls into the Reverse Engineering Storage. The Hub will pull them in for disassembly, awarding progress for every hull depending on size and D-Mods.

Why do I only get so little progress per hull?
    D-Mods severely impact the progress you gain, especially on smaller hulls. Consider restoring them before disassembly.

I can’t reverse engineer the ship I want!
    This system is opt-in from fellow mod authors – they have to add a whitelist to their mods for their ships to become accessible. If this is not done, they are locked out from reverse engineering. You can leave a respectful message in their threads, but don’t spam them!

The mod author told me to go fork myself!
    I did warn you. However, you can add their ships to the local whitelist under “Industrial.Evolution\data\config\indEvo\reverse_engineering_whitelist.csv”.

The ship I Reverse Engineered does not spawn in defence fleets?
    It might be missing an entry in default_ship_roles.json. That’s on the faction mod author, not on me. If you added that ship to the whitelist yourself, you should also add it to the local IndEvo default_ship_roles.json – otherwise, let the mod author know.

I want to reverse Engineer the IBB/HVB/Unique Ship!
    These are prohibited, and it’s hardcoded. No, I won’t change that.

Tiandong ships don’t get downloaded to blueprints?
    Tiandong ships need appropriately sized Tiandong retrofit templates.

What is the “Industrial Supply Store”?
    The Engineering Hub can pull Blueprints to overwrite from this storage. If you place them there, the structure will pull them out of it to use, choosing any blueprint with matching hull size to overwrite, but prioritizing whatever is installed into the industry directly. Note that this storage is shared with other buildings in this mod, the items you can deposit here are adjusted depending on the local buildings.
    [close]
    [close]
    Courier Port
    Privatized docking facilities allow for a much more direct approach to shipping - and have the distinct advantage of circumventing nosy government officials.

Ship Cargo between colonies (From any with cargo, to player colonies). Can target specific storage for deliveries (Resupply a Supercomputer, Ships to/from Restoration Docks...), and offers recurrent shipments.

FAQ

How does this work?
    Choose the option “Visit the Courier Port” in the planetary main menu (Or the colony options). Choose origin, destination, cargo and contract options – then confirm to watch your very own shipping fleets do your busywork.

I can’t find the option?
    The local Courier Port might be disrupted, not finished building, gone for whatever reason, or the colony does not belong to you. Otherwise, you will find it in the planetary main menu.

What is insurance?
    The sector is a harsh place, and your shipments might get lost on the way due to attacks by hostile powers. If that happens, it is best to have the shipment insured – so you at least get your money back.

Does insurance always cost the same?
    Insurance costs a fraction of the cargo value. Contrary to the cargo transport costs, it does not scale with distance.

How do recurrent shipments work?
    The courier port will try to take the exact amounts of what you specified from storage, and ship them to where you told it to. If you don’t have enough of the target quantity in cargo, it will do a partial shipment – and just ship what it can find.

Will recurrent shipments always cost the same?
    No – cost for a shipment is calculated before dispatch. If you only have a partial shipment, it will only bill you the partial amounts.

Can this ship to/from my fleet?
    No.

I can’t ship to colony XY!
    Does it have a spaceport? Is that spaceport functional? Does the colony belong to you? Does it have a place you could possibly store things in? If all of these are yes, it’s a bug, please report it.

I can’t ship from colony XY!
    Does it have a spaceport? Is that spaceport functional? Does the colony have things in storage? Do you have a storage anywhere that could take the stuff that is stored there? Is the faction the planet belongs to not hostile either to you or the Independents? If all of these are yes, it’s a bug, please report it.

My shipment gets delayed all the time?
    This happens if the target colony doesn’t meet the requirements for a shipment or nothing is in storage for a recurrent shipment.

I can’t insure my things anymore!
    That is entirely your fault. You know what you did. Try being smarter about it next time.

I don’t have any money for shipments?
    Costs are billed via Industry Upkeep. If you can’t afford your own shipments, consider removing insurance from them, delaying or cancelling some shipments – otherwise, I hope you like debt.

Why is this so expensive?
    It’s only expensive if you try shipping large quantities over a long way. No one will want to brave deep hyperspace for you if you don’t pay them properly. You can set up colonies as waystations, as shipping costs scale exponentially with distance.

[close]
    [close]

Mod integration – for mod authors
    This section contains spoilers for mod content.

Some of the features here need integration with other mods to work properly. If you are not a mod author, the following is not relevant for you.
    All Industrial.Evolution cross-mod features are opt-in and work off whitelists. If you wish to opt in for them, please fill out the lists and place them into:

Code
    yourModName/data/config/indEvo/

Embassy/Ambassadors
    If you want your faction supported by the Embassy system, you can:
    • Throw me a message or pm with your faction ID, I’ll add it.
    • Set the memory key “$deconomics_ambAllowed_factionID” to true.
    • Add your faction id to a whitelist in your mod under YourMod\data\config\indEvo\embassy_whitelist.csv
    You can also recall all active Ambassadors for your faction, and stop new ones from spawning, by setting the memory key “$deconomics_ambAllowed_factionID” to false at any point in the game.
    [close]
    Reverse Engineering
    Requires multiple pristine ship hulls and a blueprint of the same size (gets overwritten) to reverse engineer a ship. This does not make the game easier and does not allow for easy cherry picking.
    Ships that would break the game if the player could build them, or ships that are unique, or not available for lore reasons (Templars...), should be blacklisted. Does not work with duplicated ships.

Make sure you have an entry in default_ship_roles.json for anything you whitelist here.

Add the ship ids you wish to allow to the whitelist.
    Skins are allowed if the base version is allowed, IBBs/HVBs are blacklisted by default and can not be whitelisted.
    [close]
    Derelict Industries
    Allows for true ship duplication (have one ship > space magic > have two ships).
    Players will not be able to get this in every playthrough, and getting a reliable duplication chain is hard (requires 3 randomly seeded industries you have to find, restore and keep running, and blank blueprint templates that you also have to find and restore).
    It also applies a hullmod that causes malfunctions, and duplicated ships can no longer be duplicated themselves.

I am asking, on a personal note, please not to go overboard with forbidding stuff here. Even the most complex hulls can be duplicated by scanning/printing/space magic, and they will have enough problems after that to not break anything balancewise.

Add the ship ids you wish to allow to the whitelist.
    Skins are allowed if the base version is allowed, IBBs/HVBs are blacklisted by default and can not be whitelisted.
    [close]
    [close]
    Change Log
    1.8.c
    • General
    • Adjusted - optimized data loading behaviour
    • Variable Industries
    • Adjusted - Misspellings in VPC tooltips
    • Interstellar Relay
    • Fixed - No longer crashes the game/Prevents saving when built in a nebula
    • Supercomputer
    • Fixed - no longer ticks down cores if not functional
    • Embassy
    • Added - Dialogue choice to move ambassador to another embassy
    • Privateer base
    • Added - Roider Union retrofit template support
    • Added - Setting allow the base to acquire unknown blueprints
    • Fixed - Lawless SubPop Tooltip
    • Engineering hub
    • Added - Roider Union Retrofit Template support
    • Adjusted - No longer continues pulling ships that have reached 100% progress
    • Fixed - THI Retrofit Template support works again
    • Courier Port
    • Fixed - Boggled Astropoli - transfer is now immediate and no longer freezes the delivery
    • Fixed - Ship selection no longer soft locks the game when closing selection window with ESC
    • Fixed - Will now correctly transfer ships from one point to another
    • Fixed - Intel now correctly displays lost ships
    • Fixed - No longer auto-fails on moving in and out of the origin system
    • Fixed - Item selection screen items no longer overlap
    • Requisitions Centre
    • Fixed - Game freeze on cargo update in rare cases when an Alpha Core is installed
    • Derelict Industries
    • Adjusted - Forge Template tooltips to provide more hints
    • Fixed - Ruins can now be removed and no longer spawn double
    • Fixed - Printed Ships sometimes did not get printing defects
    • Fixed - AutoDelivery setting now actually works
    • RiftGen
    • Added - Sound for the Transition Effect
    • Adjusted -Flare effect timing looks less weird
    • Adjusted - Orbit now gets normalized to fit the target system (No more speedy planet boi)
    • Adjusted - Can no longer spawn on Gas Giants (Cannot move a gravity well...)
    • Fixed - Rare bug that would cause an orbital station to despawn
    • Fixed - Colony targetting option (again!)
    • Fixed - Planets from a Nebula now properly orbit a sun
    • Fixed - Colony no longer gets stuck when exiting the system before the animation has finished
    • Fixed - Salvage yards no longer misbehave when stacked in a system

1.8.b
    • Salvage Yards
    • Fixed - No longer notifies you that it is running out of material while building
    • Fixed - Added functionality for the Salvage Market to despawn when the system no longer has a Yard (Ghost colony, takes a day)
    • Privateer Base
    • Fixed - No longer gives you "failed" messages for raids by other factions
    • Requisitions Centre
    • Fixed - Eternal loading bug (I hope)
    • Engineering Hub
    • Fixed - Crash when installing a scripted blueprint (no hull size...)
    • Courier Port
    • Adjusted - Allowed submarkets now run off a whitelist (Avoid mod conflicts)
    • Fixed - No longer displays Null on market check with LTA/VS installed
    • Derelict things
    • Fixed - Crash when an AI colony attempts to upgrade the ruins
    • Fixed - Upgrades no longer change randomly
    • Fixed - No longer blocks out upgrades while another colony has a similar ruin
    • Fixed - RiftGen target option "other colony" now works when there are multiple colonies in the original location
    • Fixed - Hull Forge no longer crashes when doing its' thing
    • Fixed - Hull Forge no longer takes only one day after completing the first hull

1.8.a
    • General
    • Added - Now requires MagicLib
    • Added - A few console commands
    • Added - More tips, stupid tips separated from useful ones
    • Adjusted - ID change from deconomics to IndEvo
    • Adjusted - Some slight artwork adjustments
    • Adjusted - All industries now behave properly on AI markets.
    • Fixed - Migrated version file (*** you bitbucket)
    • Variable Industries
    • Added - Storage for Commodity Forge to auto-pull VPCs from
    • Adjusted - Reduced Commodity Forge base Upkeep by 2000
    • Adjusted - No longer ships to production gathering point (Can be changed in settings, look at courier port first)
    • Adjusted - Rare VPC drop chance reduced
    • Adjusted - General VPC drop chance slightly reduced
    • Adjusted - Commodity Forge no longer takes an Industry Slot
    • Centralization Bureau
    • Adjusted - Reduced base upkeep by 1000
    • Fixed - Crash when changing out Variable Manufactory VPC
    • Fixed - Crash when a Variable Assembler/Manufactory did not have a VPC installed
    • Military/Interstellar Relay
    • Adjusted - Reduced Upkeep
    • Adjusted - Can no longer increase fleet size above the highest size in the network
    • Fixed - Massive fleet size increase bug
    • Supercomputer
    • Adjusted - Removed AI-Core Storage, Added Shared Storage
    • Fixed - Very cold planets now provide higher bonuses than cold (oops)
    • Embassy
    • Added - Support for Spindle (ScalarTech), Pearson Exotronics, Free Stars Union
    • Added - Faction enabling/disabling via memory tag
    • Adjusted - Proper tooltips for Ambassadors
    • Adjusted - Code overhaul for Ambassador Items, Whitelisting custom factions now easier
    • Fixed - Crash on removing beta core from embassy without installed ambassador
    • Fixed - Nex no longer resets the increases/decreases while commissioned
    • Restoration Docks
    • Adjusted - Reduced build time from 60 to 40 days
    • Adjusted - Tooltip changes
    • Adjusted - Alpha core now increases repair cap by 3
    • Adjusted - Can no longer put ships without D-Mods into storage
    • Adjusted - Now also repairs built in D-mods (ex. Champion)
    • Fixed - No longer repairs one D-Mod too many
    • Fixed - Alpha core tooltip now correctly displays the upkeep reduction
    • Fixed - Beta core now displays cost prediction instead of "Something broke"
    • Senate
    • Fixed - Edict: Forced Relocation no longer considers Salvage Yards a colony
    • Fixed - Dialogue text is no longer small after selecting "Remove Edict" option
    • Privateer Base
    • Added - Will now start raids while on AI markets, but not bring back spoils
    • Added - Tooltip now states the build limits
    • Adjusted - Can now build two in a star system
    • Adjusted - System timeout reduced to 1 month on raid failure (was 3)
    • Fixed - No longer gains output whenever a raid of any kind finishes
    • Fixed - No more stupid high output when raiding systems with many planets
    • Fixed - System Raid Timeouts no longer carry over into other saves (yup...)
    • Fixed - Can no longer provide blueprints of Tiandong ships (only Retrofit templates)
    • Fixed - Can no longer target a colony in hyperspace (and subsequently crash)
    • Academy
    • Adjusted - Reduced build time to 60 days
    • Adjusted - Systemwide officer quality increase no longer stacks
    • Fixed - Retrieve Officer menu point no longer invisible while at full officer capacity
    • Fixed - Can no longer access the Academy before it finished building
    • Fixed - NullPointerError on Abandoned Stations
    • Requisition Centre
    • Added - Sources weapons from all factions you have good standing with.
    • Added - Can be set to only source from a specific faction by building an embassy on the same planet.
    • Added - This can easily source specific rare and large weapons, and has powerful AI core effects.
    • Added - Present on Baetis, Eos Exodus - can be unlocked for a fee.
    • Engineering Hub
    • Added - Reverse engineer ships, turn them into blueprints after enough hulls have been sacrificed.
    • Added - You have to overwrite a blueprint of matching hull size (cap for cap, frig for frig)
    • Courier Port
    • Added - Ship Cargo between colonies (From any with cargo, to player colonies)
    • Added - Can target specific storage for deliveries (Resupply Supercomputer, Ships to/from Restoration Docks...)
    • Derelict Industries
    • Added - Find powerful, rare industries in dangerous parts of the sector, and restore their Ruins to working order.

Older versions
    1.7.c
    • Embassy
    • Fixed - No longer crashes during invasions
    • Fixed - Corrected rep loss calculation
    • Restoration Docks
    • Adjusted - Fee now correctly scales to +/- 50% cost depending on standing
    • Fixed - AI core effects now actually apply under AI control
    • Fixed - Fixed cost calculations, again - it doesn't rip you off anymore
    • Fixed - Added cost preview to Storage tooltip - expand with F1
    • Military Relay
    • Adjusted - Reworked descriptions
    • Interstellar Relay
    • Added - Extends Military Relay effects to every star system with this structure.
    • Added - Works as Makeshift Communications Relay in a star system without taking a stable location
    • Note - There is a FAQ for this, since both military relay and this seem to cause confusion.

1.7.a
    • General
    • Added - Loading screen tips
    • Adjusted - ModUpdater now also replaces Submarkets
    • Fixed - Item removal bug when updating the mod with an Ambassador in cargo
    • Variable Industries
    • Adjusted - VPCs no longer all have the same drop chance - rare stuff is now rare
    • Fixed - No longer replaces a pre-installed VPC under AI faction control
    • Military Arrays
    • Adjusted - Functionality change - now depends on the highest total fleet size between arrays.
    • Note - It now works the way you always thought it did, and it scales better.
    • Centralization Bureau
    • Added - Now supports Variable Manufactory if the same chip is installed (Exports only)
    • Fixed - Crash when removing/changing other industries
    • Fixed - Tooltip always showing "No duplicate industries" even if there are some
    • Supercomputer
    • Fixed - Storage no longer visible on AI colonies
    • Adjusted - removed the "Repair when destroyed" feature due to it causing crashes
    • Salvage Yards
    • Fixed - "Running out of salvage" message spam on removal
    • Adjusted - Ship hull output cap increased (buffed) to market size +2
    • Adjusted - Build cost from 250k to 200k
    • Embassy
    • Added - Mod Authors can now enable and disable ambassador availability via a memory key
    • Added - Support for Metelson Industries
    • Added - Support for Caparice Trade Co. (Yuri)
    • Added - Support for Creatures' other Faction
    • Fixed - Dismissal of an Ambassador via dialogue is no longer impossible
    • Fixed - Timers for Ambassador installation mini quest works again
    • Fixed - No longer spams "Vacated Office" message after reconquering a planet with an embassy
    • Fixed - Ambassadors that are installed after reconquering a planet now correctly appear
    • Senate
    • Adjusted - Edict: Forced Labour - Growth penalty increase to Market size * 2
    • Adjusted - Edict: Wartime Lockdown - Buffed bonuses, changed accessibility penalty to export penalty
    • Fixed - Removing the senate no longer causes Edicts to fail multiple times in succession
    • Fixed - Fixed the "counts down multiple days per day" bug
    • Restoration Docks
    • Added - Some factions now have restoration docks on their planets, which you can use for a fee.
    • Adjusted - New storage icon and colour (this is now a faction mod)
    • Privateer Base
    • Adjusted - Pirate Subpopulation Tooltip properly displays prefixes
    • Fixed - Can no longer raid for remnant and station part blueprints.
    • Fixed - Crash when you are non hostile to all factions
    • Academy
    • Added - Store and retrieve officers or administrators
    • Added - Train officers towards a different personality (1 increment, 2 with an Alpha core)
    • Added - Train administrators to have them gain more skills (2 max, like vanilla)
    • Added - Has a high daily chance to spawn a hireable Officer/Admin on the planet if there is none
    • Added - Increases officer spawn rate and quality for the planet it is built on (Defense fleets)
    • Added - Increases officer quality for all faction planets in the system (Defense fleets)
    • Added - Academy on Galatia and Eochu Bres which the player can access while non-hostile.

1.6.a
    • General
    • Added - Cleanup and Preparation Script for Save compatibility - still not 1.4 compatible
    • Centralization Bureau
    • Fixed - Now actually works again
    • Supercomputer
    • Fixed - "Missing an AI core" message no longer appears during construction
    • Salvage Yards
    • Fixed - Concurrent Modification Exception crash
    • Embassy
    • Added - Support for Hazard Mining Incorporated
    • Added - Support for the Brighton Federation
    • Added - Support for the First Persean Empire
    • Fixed - Dialogue not loading correctly when docking at abandoned stations
    • Fixed - Ambassador shows wrong dialogue after market change
    • Fixed - Ambassador of the wrong faction deposited in inventory
    • Fixed - Crash after conquering a planet
    • Senate
    • Added - Edict: Hard Deadlines (+ Production budget, - Ship Quality)
    • Added - Edict selection now has a "next page" feature for small screens
    • Fixed - Edicts no longer cause all text to be smaller than it should be
    • Restoration Docks
    • Fixed - Adjusted cost on repair - Now actually costs 50% of vanilla restoration costs.
    • Privateer Base
    • Adjusted - no longer raids and exports ship hulls (also fixes fleet quality issue)
    • Adjusted - Output decay changed from general to individual for commodity exports
    • Adjusted - Output decay starts immediately instead of 1 month time out
    • Adjusted - Output decay now 2/month, up from 1
    • Adjusted - Spoil now contain more weapons, less high-value blueprints
    • Adjusted - Reduced exports on failed raid by 30%
    • Fixed - correctly factors in fleet size for raid strength
    • Fixed - Only get output on failed raid fleet reached the target system
    • Fixed - Crash when Target Picker only finds bad systems

1.5.g
    • Supercomputer
    • Fixed - Crash when built without a Restoration dock present.

1.5.f
    • Privateer Base
    • Fixed - Rare bug causing infinite exports.

1.5.e
    • General
    • Code adjustment - fixed memory leaks - massively improved long time performance
    • Code adjustment - highly improved general performance
    • Settings - you can now enable/disable industries, and modify some parameters.
    • Variable Industries
    • Adjusted - Output messages are now a single monthly summary report for Assembler/Manufactory
    • Adjusted - Assembler commodity export locked to maximum of 3, regardless of skills or market size.
    • Adjusted - Supply and demand are no longer always legal
    • Fixed - crash on month end if colony is owned by a different faction, but governed by the player (Nexerelin)
    • Fixed - no longer has import demands while building/disrupted
    • Centralization Bureau
    • Adjusted - Now modifies supply and demand of the affected industries directly.
    • Adjusted - Removed all supply and demand from this structure (no longer generates boatloads of free money)
    • Fixed - "Insufficient AI core" notification when Alpha core is installed.
    • Fixed - shortage handling
    • Military Relay
    • Fixed - Unfinished military installations no longer count towards the prerequisites
    • Salvage Yards
    • Fixed - No longer causes a colony to decivilize in certain cases
    • Fixed - Salvage market removal on market faction transfer
    • Fixed - Concurrent modification exception crash (probably)
    • Supercomputer
    • Adjusted - Income increase now 5/15/20% (up from 5/10/15%)
    • Adjusted - AI core runtime now 3/9/18 months (up from 1/3/12)
    • Adjusted - Now takes 50 days to build
    • Adjusted - No longer produces new AI cores (toggleable in settings)
    • Fixed - Can no longer store ships in AI-Core storage
    • Fixed - Storage no longer present after industry removal
    • Fixed - Storage gets properly removed on AI colonies
    • Embassy
    • Fixed - being able to dismiss ambassadors that are already in the process of leaving
    • Fixed - relations increase limit tooltip (for real this time)
    • Fixed - crash when docking at a planet you govern for another faction (Nexerelin)
    • Fixed - wrong ambassador getting arrested on inauguration when compromised
    • Senate
    • Added - Comes free with floating platforms and bad alien costumes.
    • Added - Edicts! Enslave your populace! Cleanse your planet of undesirables! Allow more vacation time for your workers!
    • Restoration Docks
    • Added - Slowly repairs D-Mods of ships placed into a custom storage at a hefty discount.
    • Added - Be careful, the cost might still exceed what you can afford and might land you in debt - Gamma Core is your friend!
    • Privateer Base
    • Added - Automatically raids people you don't like.
    • Added - Output depending on the raided planets, will bring back spoils of war for you after a successful raid.

1.4.b
    • Embassy
    • Added - Added - case handling for a faction being eradicated.
    • Added - dialogue for ambassadors on planets that were just taken over
    • Fixed - crash when taking over a planet.

1.4.a
    • Variable Industries
    • Fixed Luxury good deposition notice
    • Salvage Yards
    • Fixed a crash related to stations
    • Embassy
    • Added - Monthly reputation increase with a changeable faction, with a 50% increased penalty on negative relation change.
    • Added - get your own Ambassador at a market near you, today!
    • Added - compatible with most modded factions, see list in the description.

1.3.a
    • Variable Industries
    • Adjusted all deposit outputs from linear increase to logarithmic increase
    • Adjusted output is now delivered to the production gathering point.
    • Centralization Bureau
    • Fixed tooltip - again
    • Fixed not getting a bonus between heavy industry and orbital works
    • Supercomputer
    • Added AI core consumption: the industry will now require AI cores to work, and destroy them in the process.
    • Added AI-core storage: this is where the Supercomputer takes the AI cores from.
    • Fixed gamma core giving better hidden bonuses than alpha core
    • Adjusted beta core tooltip for better understanding (Thanks Coherent Watermelon!)
    • Adjusted some under-the-hood parts for AI behaviour
    • Adjusted the chance for nothing at all, carry on.

1.2.a
    • Variable Industries
    • Added AI-mode for non-player controlled markets
    • Fixed VPC for Luxury goods is now usable
    • Adjusted VPC War Package now displays correct description on deposit
    • Adjusted warnings to text colour yellow
    • Military Relays
    • Fixed tootip displaying the market ID instead of market name
    • Centralization Bureau
    • Salvage Yards
    • Added notification about raid success/failure and received SU
    • Fixed Production output/cargo transfer from Salvage market now transfers everything
      (thanks for the pointer LazyWizard)
    • Fixed a crash when trying to remove heavy industry from a planet with salvage yards
    • Fixed Salvage Yards Admin not getting replaced when switched out
    • Fixed Salvage Yards market not getting removed on industry removal
    • Fixed build time to 45 days (was 54)
    • Supercomputer
    • Added Increase system wide colony income, depending on planet temperature.
    • Added Tri-Tachyon would like to remind you to disregard any rumors of AI creation you might have heard.
    • From dev release: increased diminishing effect on stacking from 0.9 to 0.88
    • From dev release: fixed alpha AI core giving 44% bonus instead of 20%

1.1.a
    • Variable Industries
    • Fixed AI cores randomly not working (All)
    • Slightly decreased pather interest in Manufactory
    • Removed pather interest in Commodity Forge (it destroys tech, they shouldn't care)
    • Military Relays
    • Changed build requirement from High Command to Military Base in Star System
    • Reduced effect if no High command is present
    • Fixed not buildable if planet only has a military base
    • Fixed relays applying the bonus even if the colony had the highest fleet size
    • Increased beta core effect to 25% upkeep reduction
    • Is now unraidable
    • Centralization Bureau
    • Changed Industry blacklist to whitelist (No more issues with other modded industries)
    • Is now unraidable
    • Salvage Yards
    • Added – hunting fleets in your system now has proper rewards.

1.0.b
    • Disabled debug mode

1.0.a
    • Added Variable Assembler
    • Added Variable Manufactory
    • Added Commodity Forge
    • Added Military Relays
    • Added Centralization Bureau
    • Added Variable Production Chips
    [close]
    [close]
    Attribution / Acknowledgement
    Anton Juntunen     Paid commission - Icons for Variable industries, Relays, Bureau, Senate, Restoration Docks, Privateer Base, Engineering Hub, Requisitions Centrer, Courier Port and most of the derelict buildings. Check out his stuff (and contact) here: https://www.artstation.com/antonjuntunen
    MesoTroniK     Paid commission - Sound Effects.
    Rikodu Studios     The Salvage Yards icon is an edited version of concept art owned by Rikodu, used with permission.
    Alex     Repeatedly helped by answering stupid questions, and making this possible in the first place. 
    Avanitia     Massive amounts of feedback, beta testing, and patience.
    Discord Folk     Help and Feedback on multiple occasions - thank you!
    [close]

Ask before using my code. Do not reuse or modify my images - see attribution!

I very much appreciate feedback or suggestions, for both current and future content.
    « Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 03:09:31 PM by SirHartley »

Matsor Browncoat

• Ensign
      • View Profile
    Re: [0.9.1a] Industrial.Evolution 1.0.a - Industries with non-standard effects
    « Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 12:42:30 PM »

Looks great. I love it.

MrRicey

• Ensign
      • View Profile
    Re: [0.9.1b] Industrial.Evolution 1.0.a - Industries with non-standard effects
    « Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 01:11:48 PM »

Awesome to see a mod dedicated to colonies! Don't see that much around often!

NephilimNexus

• Commander
      • View Profile
    Re: [0.9.1a] Industrial.Evolution 1.0.b - Industries with non-standard effects
    « Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 01:41:18 PM »

Interesting concepts.  Every though about adding a straight-up Drug Lab?  Just produces drugs from organics, either for your own mining operations or for export when people turn on free port (naturally that would honk-off your neighbors and may invite raids)?

SirHartley

• Captain
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 01:50:24 PM »

Interesting concepts.  Every though about adding a straight-up Drug Lab?  Just produces drugs from organics, either for your own mining operations or for export when people turn on free port (naturally that would honk-off your neighbors and may invite raids)?

finding the production chip for Recreational Drugs and installing it in a Variable Industry does that, in addition to giving you a monthly supply to trade with.
    « Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 02:35:20 PM by SirHartley »

NephilimNexus

• Commander
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 03:38:31 PM »

Sweet!

RoquetheRogue

• Lieutenant
    • Brainstormer!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 08:12:12 AM »

Drop rates seem fine, you can get a decent amount of VPCs of any rarity consistently, and having a way to get rid quick of some was a decent call, it does not seen to overlap your usual loot lists from the vanilla game.

The only problem would be a vanilla issue where we are limited to 12 buildings only in colonies, which is terrible limitation, hopefully one day we'll get something to fix this!

Your mod fixed bad colonies that doesn't have any possible production, however I ran into some balancing issues... your buildings invite pathers with a (7) industrial interest, your buildings are very precious, I do think some shouldn't be available from start, but something you can unlock by exploring, kinda like the planetary shield?

Thank you for your hard work! and keep coming to discord! always good to talk with Mod Authors

SirHartley

• Captain
      • View Profile
    Re: [0.9.1a] Industrial.Evolution 1.1.a - Industries with non-standard effects
    « Reply #7 on: February 21, 2020, 04:06:26 PM »

Thanks to everyone that provided feedback, especially Matsor Browncoat, SCC and RoquetheRogue.
    Most everything that has been said is addressed in this update.

There has been no change to the cost or availability of these, since I consider gating industries behind drop tables not the best approach.

Without further ado - the most complicated industry I have made so far:

Change Log
    1.1.a
    • Variable Industries
    • Fixed AI cores randomly not working (All)
    • Slightly decreased pather interest in Manufactory
    • Removed pather interest in Commodity Forge (it destroys tech, they shouldn't care)
    • Military Relays
    • Changed build requirement from High Command to Military Base in Star System
    • Reduced effect if no High command is present
    • Fixed not buildable if planet only has a military base
    • Fixed relays applying the bonus even if the colony had the highest fleet size
    • Increased beta core effect to 25% upkeep reduction
    • Is now unraidable
    • Centralization Bureau
    • Changed Industry blacklist to whitelist (No more issues with other modded industries)
    • Is now unraidable
    • Salvage Yards
    • Added – hunting fleets in your system now has proper rewards.
    [close]
    « Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 04:12:40 PM by SirHartley »

NephilimNexus

• Commander
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: February 21, 2020, 05:33:50 PM »

Salvage Yards?  This looks interesting.

You know... I've often envisioned the idea of a planet structure that refurbishes stores ships and slowly removes their D-Mods over time (like 1 per month, randomly selected from the pool of damaged ships in storage).  I think that the structure would be cheap to maintain (otherwise why bother?) but would cost ship hulls and processed metals to operate.

Malleator

• Ensign
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #9 on: February 21, 2020, 06:39:57 PM »

You had me at industrial sized illegal drug lab.

TaylorItaly

• Lieutenant
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: February 22, 2020, 07:56:41 AM »

Great mod.
    Thanks for the update!! ;D

RoquetheRogue

• Lieutenant
    • Brainstormer!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: February 22, 2020, 03:36:52 PM »

VPCs for Luxury Goods are not showing up in Installation Lists, either in player storage or the colony storage..

is there any VPC for Organs? or maybe a Vatgrown Organ Facility in the future? Aquaculture VPC/Facility for Volturn Crabs?

By the way, have you seen that mod I've linked you? I'm sure you and mod author creature can accomplish a lot together if you ever collab! Nijigen Extend has some interesting criminal industries.

Fire turtle

• Ensign
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #12 on: February 22, 2020, 09:34:14 PM »

It looks very interesting, and the illustrations are also very good

SirHartley

• Captain
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: February 23, 2020, 06:50:16 AM »

VPCs for Luxury Goods are not showing up in Installation Lists, either in player storage or the colony storage..

is there any VPC for Organs? or maybe a Vatgrown Organ Facility in the future? Aquaculture VPC/Facility for Volturn Crabs?

By the way, have you seen that mod I've linked you? I'm sure you and mod author creature can accomplish a lot together if you ever collab! Nijigen Extend has some interesting criminal industries.

I fat fingered the ID of LuxGoods VPC, will be fixed in the next release. Thanks for letting me know!
    There is no VPC for organs, as they can not be made in a production line.

I don't want to make industries that compete with vanilla, but rather add new effects.
    CK industries has an organ production and some other industries to offer new ways to produce vanilla commodities. It is not something I would personally use, but check it out if you are after those!

I saw the industries Nijigen Extend adds. They have interesting concepts for sure, but collabs are too time intensive to do for me atm.
    « Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 01:57:07 PM by SirHartley »

SirHartley

• Captain
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: February 25, 2020, 01:01:52 PM »

Updated OP with notice - There is absolutely no reason for the game to do that, but it does it anyway. Removing salvage Yards, then Heavy Industry is fine.

It shouldn't really affect a save, since industries are rarely removed, but please keep this in mind.
    Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30