Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pirate base bounty problem/ bug  (Read 692 times)

Quastor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Pirate base bounty problem/ bug
« on: February 16, 2020, 02:05:48 PM »

Not sure if posted already, and im probably just not understanding the mechanic, but when i destroy a pirate base i dont get the bounty money. ex. persean league has 160k bounty on a pirate base, i kill said pirate base (but not the fleets around if that helps) and then nothing no notification, no person i should see. so am i supposed to go back to the colony and find someone? or should i happen automatically? do i need to kill the fleets aswell? if so this isn't made clear in the game and i suggest adding some more indication of what to do. i am neutral  (-1 or something?) with the faction (PL) which i was doing the bounty for.

cheers,
-Q

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Pirate base bounty problem/ bug
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 09:04:14 PM »

Hi - thanks for the report! Hmm. I haven't had this problem reported before, so I'm not sure what the issue might be. Is it possible that the bounty expired? And that the bounty is for the base in that specific system?

The way it's supposed to work is you destroy the base in combat, and you get the bounty after the battle - there'll be a brief notification to that effect in the lower left corner of the screen, where the other new intel pops up. Your standing with the bounty-giving faction shouldn't affect this.

Quastor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 09:27:07 PM »

that did not occur, however base bounties since have seemed to work so idk  :-\  that said i kept playing so i dont have the save lol :P but if i encounter the issue again i'll take a screen shot and find the save file and keep it should the devs want it.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 09:51:57 PM »

Thank you, much appreciated. My working theory then is that this was indeed a bounty for a different base; I remember being confused by this myself at some point during a playthrough!