Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1560023 times)

valefore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Uomoz's Corvus 17.1: Allegiance (Factions Collection)
« Reply #2460 on: April 19, 2013, 02:42:42 AM »

Well the topic of Neutrinos being op has come up before, but that's because they are very highly specialized. the shield arcs are 30 degrees, which means that you can shoot exposed hull when you fight large neutrino ships. Even if you have extended shields, they have limited mobility and fall apart pretty quickly if shot from multiple directions. They also have somewhat under-powered weapon mounts which limits their fire power or range despite their high flux vent rate. Although less related, they are also extremely expensive.

But I do agree that some ships are pretty op, namely the schwarm fighter wings and the Unsung. The former is almost impossible to kill without a trigger happy capital ship (regenerates indefinitely) and the latter has too many ordinance points. But the schwarm fighter wing costs a lot of supplies to repair and the Unsung can only be obtained by beating a boss fleet.

The issue of Neutrinos being very strong in auto-resolve seems like it can't be helped.

Sarducar_Dun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: April 19, 2013, 08:33:28 AM »

Back with more.
Neutrino Jackhammer super death beam OP?
JP probably weak because of their asymmetry?
Thule legacy weapons OP? Too efficient I find.
Antideluvian small supremacy turret better than its medium ballistic mount?
Andiduvellian adv. torps OP? too fast firing perhaps, damage potential is incredible.
I dislike the upgraded starter ships, late game with more op's to play with I'm sure they are awesome but at the start I sell whatever it is and buy a wolf or something.

Thanks for the mod! Might feel like I'm complaining but I'm just trying to be clear about my thoughts.
Maybe more to come of I think of anything else.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: April 19, 2013, 12:13:31 PM »

Back with more.
Neutrino Jackhammer super death beam OP?
JP probably weak because of their asymmetry?
Thule legacy weapons OP? Too efficient I find.
Antideluvian small supremacy turret better than its medium ballistic mount?
Andiduvellian adv. torps OP? too fast firing perhaps, damage potential is incredible.
I dislike the upgraded starter ships, late game with more op's to play with I'm sure they are awesome but at the start I sell whatever it is and buy a wolf or something.

Thanks for the mod! Might feel like I'm complaining but I'm just trying to be clear about my thoughts.
Maybe more to come of I think of anything else.

I do appreciate the feedback :D
No Neutrino ship comes pre equipped with extended shields, that'll be only a player modification they can make at their leisure.
The known issues are the 0.2 affect autoresolve immensely as auto resolve doesn't take into account shield arc, so if you have a 0.0 eff shield with 1 arc, it'll probably beat a 1 eff 360 deg arc ship regardless, even if in a real battle that's not the case.

The Jackhammer, for 28 op, the main weapon was intended to be used against capital ships, but that makes it so the beam works well on lower tier ships too.. if you can stay on the target. But as a trade off, it is your Only direct fire weapon in the large size on the ship, it doesn't have any form of turreted large weapons, but do be careful near the missiles ;P

chaincat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
crash and bug :(
« Reply #2463 on: April 19, 2013, 06:28:09 PM »

I keep getting some bugs. after an encounter, sometimes the screen goes white (space and fleet circles at least, the ships themselves are still visible) and that stays into battles making combat near impossible forcing me to reboot. also upon entering battle sometimes the game gives me a null crash if I've been playing for about half an hour. both of these problems have been consistent around the 30 minute mark of play time in one session. can you look into this or can someone tell me how to fix this? I'm only running this mod and the required mod
Furthermore, I am of the opinion that Jangala must be destroyed.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: April 19, 2013, 06:32:46 PM »

just started a battle, white background 5 sec after game srashed

I assume it'll be like this?
It should already fixed in the coming update,

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: April 19, 2013, 07:04:42 PM »

Yeah, I can't really do much about it, is some sort of vanilla bug.

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
Re: crash and bug :(
« Reply #2466 on: April 19, 2013, 07:25:20 PM »

I keep getting some bugs. after an encounter, sometimes the screen goes white (space and fleet circles at least, the ships themselves are still visible) and that stays into battles making combat near impossible forcing me to reboot. also upon entering battle sometimes the game gives me a null crash if I've been playing for about half an hour. both of these problems have been consistent around the 30 minute mark of play time in one session. can you look into this or can someone tell me how to fix this? I'm only running this mod and the required mod

Yeah, as others have said that is basically a bug with the vanilla game that has something to do with memory management. We all get that, though some people can go longer before it happens than others, and it seems to happen faster the more modded stuff that you have in the game. It should be fixed in the next update, and the only current work-around is to save often and reboot the game once the white-screen of death strikes.

senor

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: April 19, 2013, 09:41:22 PM »

having an issue with a repeated crash while running this mod.  once i load the save game, about 15 seconds later the game crashes to desktop, pointing me to the "starfarer" log file.  This does not happen with my vanilla save version.  Here's the last chunk of the log file:

Code
23059 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading E:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\saves

\save_KaranSjet_486419472381869914...
25569 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg] as texture with id

[graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg]
25612 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Finished loading
34204 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoItemStack.readResolve(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoItemStack.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CargoData.addItems(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CargoData.addWeapons(Unknown Source)
at data.scripts.world.UomozScriptPersonalConvoy.Faction_Small_Weapons$(UomozScriptPersonalConvoy.java:110)
at data.scripts.world.UomozScriptPersonalConvoy.spawnFleet(UomozScriptPersonalConvoy.java:70)
at data.scripts.world.BaseSpawnPoint.advance(BaseSpawnPoint.java:52)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.A.ÖÖÒ000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.A.A.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

also... faction stations in this mod (and in vanilla) seem to stop updating their inventories not long into a new game.  what ships they have for sale (and the one's that ive sold to the station) dont change either.  supply fleets are arriving just fine, but nothing changes that i can tell.  i think very rarely a small change occurs but it takes a long long time.  thoughts?

ganjou234

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: April 20, 2013, 08:21:39 AM »

daarrn lol! its soo good xD I edited some of the ISS ships though to my preference (but didnt made them OP)
I find the Antediluvians, Neutrino, Junk Pirates ships very hard to beat though xD. I had a carrier group of my own once: 1 Strike Carrier, 1 broadsword, 2 Talons(modded), 2 Draken, 2 Orion Hypertug(modded), 2 Scythe Frigates. And then I saw a Antediluvian carrier group with only a Destroyer and alot of the fighters that looked like sticks (xD sorry I dont use em). And I decided to go toe-to-toe fighter to fighter, man....got wiped out. LOL even my frigs died xD

qwortec

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: April 21, 2013, 09:14:55 AM »

Hey Uomoz, just wanted to let you know that I tried to play this mod last night, but after several tries I had to give up.  The reason is that there are not enough small fleets to tackle early on as a single ship.  A lot of the small fleets moving around are powerful frigates or destroyers that basically crush my poor little 5-6 FP ship.  The ones that I can take on are so few and far between that it takes 5 mins just to find one and then if I am able to disable the ship(s) and they don't retreat, I barely make enough money to be worth while.  It's really really tedious right now.

Any chance of getting the number of small point fleets to scale with your fleet?  Basically, increase the number of fleets made up of around the same number of Fleet Points as your own so that you can get a foothold a little earlier in the game?

Cool mod.  It's the first one I've tried so far.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: April 21, 2013, 09:19:49 AM »

Hey Uomoz, just wanted to let you know that I tried to play this mod last night, but after several tries I had to give up.  The reason is that there are not enough small fleets to tackle early on as a single ship.  A lot of the small fleets moving around are powerful frigates or destroyers that basically crush my poor little 5-6 FP ship.  The ones that I can take on are so few and far between that it takes 5 mins just to find one and then if I am able to disable the ship(s) and they don't retreat, I barely make enough money to be worth while.  It's really really tedious right now.

Any chance of getting the number of small point fleets to scale with your fleet?  Basically, increase the number of fleets made up of around the same number of Fleet Points as your own so that you can get a foothold a little earlier in the game?

Thanks for the feedback. I agree that most of the mods focus too much on the late-game fleets and ignore the early-game. On the other hand, make the spawns scale with tha players is a super gamey solution and I don't like it at all (both small and big fishes should be present at the beginning).

Anyway, I find the early part of every gameplay the most entertaining, when you need to be careful and choose your preys wisely, so I'm not much inclined in changing that. This also slows the pace of the game and make it less arcade.

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: April 21, 2013, 10:16:39 AM »

sounds like Pirate alliance ;P
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

qwortec

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: April 21, 2013, 02:19:49 PM »

Thanks for the feedback. I agree that most of the mods focus too much on the late-game fleets and ignore the early-game. On the other hand, make the spawns scale with tha players is a super gamey solution and I don't like it at all (both small and big fishes should be present at the beginning).

Anyway, I find the early part of every gameplay the most entertaining, when you need to be careful and choose your preys wisely, so I'm not much inclined in changing that. This also slows the pace of the game and make it less arcade.

I get that.  I just feel like it's a little too hard right now to actually find targets that you can tangle with right at the very beginning; it takes forever to get anywhere.  There's essentially no weak singletons out patrolling for some early prey.  Maybe a few extra spawns of single Lashers or Hounds would fix it. 

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: April 21, 2013, 03:38:54 PM »

To get going in this mod i make sure i have good frigate (or really fast destroyer), and i lure the big fleets into the huge fleets i'm friendly with. For example i'd lure a pirate armada into a hedgemony system defence fleet. Whatever survives is usually really hurting, and easy pickings. If it has a cruiser let it go unless you're very talented. The Superiority bloc is the only faction this is a painfully slow technique for. When i'm allied with them i just lure 2 large hostile fleets into each other.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

kaamos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: April 22, 2013, 01:26:33 AM »

To my uber sadness, I have the same problem as senor.

The game crashes pointing to a (java?) error and I am unable to continue my save. And it is a pity because I worked my ass off to get my ships, equip them and make it through the mod.

having an issue with a repeated crash while running this mod.  once i load the save game, about 15 seconds later the game crashes to desktop, pointing me to the "starfarer" log file.  This does not happen with my vanilla save version.  Here's the last chunk of the log file:

Code
23059 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading E:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\saves

\save_KaranSjet_486419472381869914...
25569 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg] as texture with id

[graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg]
25612 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Finished loading
34204 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoItemStack.readResolve(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoItemStack.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CargoData.addItems(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CargoData.addWeapons(Unknown Source)
at data.scripts.world.UomozScriptPersonalConvoy.Faction_Small_Weapons$(UomozScriptPersonalConvoy.java:110)
at data.scripts.world.UomozScriptPersonalConvoy.spawnFleet(UomozScriptPersonalConvoy.java:70)
at data.scripts.world.BaseSpawnPoint.advance(BaseSpawnPoint.java:52)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.A.ÖÖÒ000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.A.A.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

also... faction stations in this mod (and in vanilla) seem to stop updating their inventories not long into a new game.  what ships they have for sale (and the one's that ive sold to the station) dont change either.  supply fleets are arriving just fine, but nothing changes that i can tell.  i think very rarely a small change occurs but it takes a long long time.  thoughts?
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 275