Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1549081 times)

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Uomoz's Corvus 17.1: Allegiance (Factions Collection)
« Reply #1995 on: March 15, 2013, 04:26:23 AM »

tested "hardcore" mode, (when you hostile to everyone), there is nothing hardcore, it just slow, it shoud have some buff like 10% boarding chance (up from 5%) to provide smoother gameplay, in average it took 20 fights to get new hull, in order to produce more hulls you forced just stay somewhere with shift button pressed to skip time.

Inability to trade with factions shoud be balanced by:
10% boarding chance
faster omnifactory production, with 1 limit per any type of hull\wing, since you dropping everything on factory you will face overcrowding extremely fast, both with weapons and hulls

this wont disable hardcorish component, but will make hardcore mode a lot faster, ~~10 fights and you have fleet upgrades

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: March 15, 2013, 04:32:36 AM »

Will increase the omnifactory speed for HC. How would you increase boarding chance?

About the overcrowding, there's the Abandoned Facility for that very reason.

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: March 15, 2013, 05:00:33 AM »

Will increase the omnifactory speed for HC. How would you increase boarding chance?

Is there any way to add effects to specific skills?

I.E that one ability that gives you a 50% marine boarding efficacy at lvl 5. Could give you like a 2% increase to hull cutting (Which would actually be ship boarding chance) per lvl?

Granted I don't know what the base chance is, but there is something really *** about seeing a bunch of 1% hull "husks" after a fight. I'd rather just see a straight up "DESTROYED" instead if I'm not gonna be able to board them.

Feel like a damn pirate deprived of his bounty with all dem 1% hulls

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: March 15, 2013, 06:01:42 AM »

@SainnQ
Most limits of API can be overcomed by reflections, every limitation can be overcomed by ASM\unsafe\natives, but amount of required skill and time to develop and maintain such code make it impossible for fanmade mods.

Nice sample: amount of money per victory is
fleetpoints of enemy * 130 * random(1,2)
THIS IS HARDCODED, you cant change this value without java.unsafe or custom natives.
Amount of time and skill required make such modification makes it impossible to appear.

@Uomoz

Code
	"baseFriendlyShipRepairChance":5,
"baseEnemyShipRepairChance":5,

looks like exactly what i looking for, i checked ingame and notice increase of boardable enemy hulls with enemyrepair set to 100.
currently i checking code for actual implementation of boardable calculation made by endine, will report results later.

runtime alteration of this will be included into next version of rcUtil (along with advanced debug stuff and 100% reverse compatability), you already can add placeholder call for set_EnemyRepair(int Chance), if you have other suggestions about methods your want just PM me.

since factory produce up to 3 wings\frigates it will fill up few pages.
with 1 hull per type overcrowding process will slowdown.
with improved speed nobody will ever notice sideeffects of this change.

For debugging, here is automated debug script preview, that allow you to get anything you want from game state to log without surrounding every invocation with trycatch:

Code
    	Thread.setDefaultUncaughtExceptionHandler(new EndOfTheLine());

Code
package ru.rawcode.rcUtil;
import java.lang.Thread.UncaughtExceptionHandler;

public class EndOfTheLine implements UncaughtExceptionHandler{

public static void Trace2log(Throwable e, String exception) {
exception = "\n\t\tMessage: " + exception + "\n\t\t";
exception = exception + e.toString() + "\n\t\t";

StackTraceElement[] stack = e.getStackTrace();

for (StackTraceElement s : stack) {

if (s == stack[0]) {
exception = exception + s + "\n\t";
continue;
}

if (s == stack[1]) {
exception = exception + "Error Source: " + s + "\n\t\t";
continue;
}

if (s == stack[stack.length - 1]) {
exception = exception + s;
continue;
}

exception = exception + s + "\n\t\t";
}
//LOG.info(exception);
System.out.println(exception);
}

public void uncaughtException(Thread t, Throwable e) {
System.out.println("Here your can output whatever you want");
System.out.println("You can dump variables, player choises");
System.out.println("Or anything else, but game already dead, you cant reanimate if from here");
System.out.println("its");
Trace2log(e,"EndOfTheLine");
}
}

It will support both, field references and callback script.
I will ask you about variables and game params you want to monitor, i will embedded it into rcUtil.

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: March 15, 2013, 06:15:33 AM »

Raw. You're on a entire other level dude.

I only understand very, very rudimentry coding language.

Hell I lost interest when my C+ professor spent most of the year doing decimal conversions instead of actually coding.

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: March 15, 2013, 06:47:13 AM »

Hell I lost interest when my C+ professor spent most of the year doing decimal conversions instead of actually coding.

(non offensive post, may offence due lack of skills in english)

You got mentality not suitable for coding, for someone with proper mentality process of discovering how code works, how it will work if variable A is altered, what will happen if A and B turn to C and D at education stage is atleast fun.

For binary, actually it's much more funny when you have some output to touch.
try to code runtime world generator for minecraft (bad suggestion but i have nothing else on my mind currently), i have killed almost week to write working menger spounge runtime generator, entire process took over 2 mounth, but i got result nobody have, and players who joined my server just "WOW where you downloaded it" and i answer "i have developed it".

#end of derail part:

@uomoz check PM i have something to show.

Diatonic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: March 15, 2013, 08:51:32 AM »

Is it just me, or does the link to download take other people into the Dropbox file and not offer a download?  I feel like I've been banging my head against a brick wall trying to see where to actually download 17.1!

Okay, I assumed the really obvious download link at the top was a DL link for dropbox and not the mod...  Nice compilation by the way...  Never mind me, I was never here...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:03:23 AM by Diatonic »

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: March 15, 2013, 08:58:09 AM »

Is it just me, or does the link to download take other people into the Dropbox file and not offer a download?  I feel like I've been banging my head against a brick wall trying to see where to actually download 17.1!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?m3z4u98dte09oud

Should work. I think.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: March 15, 2013, 09:23:08 AM »

Raw remove that external download link, i don't want unofficial bug reports ;) the download link is located in the download image.

Foxd1e

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: March 15, 2013, 10:56:52 AM »

I stockpile everything at the Abandoned Facility lol. It's my home away from home. Just bought a new ship hull time to outfit it? Why pay Station Prices when I got the parts in my stockpile at the Abandoned Base ;)

Shield

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: March 15, 2013, 11:59:46 AM »

194889 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoItemStack.readResolve(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoItemStack.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CargoData.addItems(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CargoData.addWeapons(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.world.UomozScriptPersonalConvoy.Faction_Small_Weapons$(UomozScriptPersonalConvoy.java:110)
   at data.scripts.world.UomozScriptPersonalConvoy.spawnFleet(UomozScriptPersonalConvoy.java:47)
   at data.scripts.world.BaseSpawnPoint.advance(BaseSpawnPoint.java:52)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.A.ÖÖÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.A.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Just got a Fatal: Null crash thats from the log

Faction of choice?

I was part of blackrock/neutrino faction.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: March 15, 2013, 04:34:11 PM »

dude why dont the boss fleets follow the rules...theres a neutrino frigate with the hydron accelerator and hes impossible to kill...i mean come on...if your going to make these fleets at least make them follow the rules..sheesh...these new fleets are un-enjoyable and hard for all the wrong reasons i want to make a fleet but at least mine follows the rules...i mean think about it..of course some people will create invincable fleets with stupid ship to boost their names and there egos....you think some of these people are going to be fair with this new system. The neutrinos shields are already pushing it not to mention it has the speed and the cannon. Ive never been so frustrated with the unfairness of some of these fleets...and even worse they spawn more in the beginning then you.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 04:48:25 PM by Lopunny Zen »

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: March 15, 2013, 05:30:39 PM »

As the person who's boss fleet PUT a hadron accelerator onto a neutrino ship, I really must ask, what rules did I break? The entire purpose of the boss fleets (or at-least my boss fleet) is to challenge people who have amassed a max-strength fleet and want to have a fight that isn't easy to win. The boss fleets are exceptionally slow, and can probably be avoided by anybody who isn't strong enough to face them. As for the Vice-class destroyer that wields the hadron accelerator, it has all other augmentations and weapons stripped off of it in order to even be able to wield that weapon, and is quite vulnerable to anybody using multiple ships against it.

The purpose of my boss fleet was not in fact to boost my ego, but to challenge people who have amassed a fleet as large as the boss's, to give them something to do other than to squash fleets half as small as them. Anybody not yet strong enough to face the boss fleets, such as people starting a new game, should be able to avoid them and not worry about fighting them until it is a fair fight. And I really have to wonder... what rules did they break?

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: March 15, 2013, 05:33:29 PM »

dude why dont the boss fleets follow the rules...theres a neutrino frigate with the hydron accelerator and hes impossible to kill...i mean come on...if your going to make these fleets at least make them follow the rules..sheesh...these new fleets are un-enjoyable and hard for all the wrong reasons i want to make a fleet but at least mine follows the rules...i mean think about it..of course some people will create invincable fleets with stupid ship to boost their names and there egos....you think some of these people are going to be fair with this new system. The neutrinos shields are already pushing it not to mention it has the speed and the cannon. Ive never been so frustrated with the unfairness of some of these fleets...and even worse they spawn more in the beginning then you.

The Neutrino ships of all lines have *** shield coverage, they're more like point defense barriers if you fly them yourself with Accelerated Shields.

Uomoz has a hard on for roided out "BOSS" Fleets tho =P

I agree they should follow the same rules for the most part that the player has to adhere to, because currently not doing so makes a very unrewarding boss encounter experience.

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: March 15, 2013, 05:36:52 PM »

What rules do the boss fleets not follow? I am confused, the player is just as able to put a hadron on a Vice as the boss is, what is the problem here? My boss fleet even uses the default OP limit, not even accounting for the player's increased OP due to level-ups (though it does account for a player's increased FP limit), somebody tell me the rule I am somehow breaking!
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 275