Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1559957 times)

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Uomoz's Corvus 17: Allegiance (Factions Collection)
« Reply #1635 on: February 27, 2013, 06:01:24 AM »

While you are generalizing a great deal, I think the reward balance could be improved somewhat. You get too much help from the faction if you enlist to specialize in a faction. And Antediluvians are only a problem combat balance-wise due to the 3000 hp fighter swarms, their bigger ships are easily disabled and shelled to death from afar.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: February 27, 2013, 06:07:56 AM »

I could just set so the convoys delivery to the faction station actually ensuring that there's always new stuff to buy.

Vilu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: February 27, 2013, 06:19:47 AM »

I think it was in page 102 were i was talking about faction balance on faction that isn't even in this compilation. However, the weapons are.

And yeah, i'm talking about Intestellar Federation and the weapons it brings.
Any ship that got the slots for more than 2 Hadron Accelerator (large ballistic) becomes insanely powerful in hands of the player. Combine that with some slots for couple Mass Drivers (medium ballistic) and ANYTHING (other than stuff with fortress shields, like Paragon) dies in matter of seconds if they come in range.

1 Hadron is enough to overload about any ship that decides / can absorb the hit with shields. Anything that can't or does not choose to do so gets ~one shotted sub-capital.

AI aint too good with the weapon either, as it requires you to hold the fire button down in order to charge up before firing. The AI spams the fire causing annoying spam of the charge up sound, half of the time not even getting the shot off if the target moves fast enough. It ain't fun either when the AI gets the shot off against you, as the results are either overloaded ship or dead ship sub-capital.
Mass Drivers work OK with the AI, but that 1500 damage shot with fairly short cooldown sounds slightly overpowered in my opinion as well.

Neither of the guns really cause any flux (125FPS Hadron and 165FPS Mass Driver).

Now i don't know how hard it is to get either of these weapons if you don't start allied to IF, but just one is enough with omnifactory :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 06:24:41 AM by Vilu »

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: February 27, 2013, 06:42:54 AM »

Well I heard enough. Setting the thing to let AI fire the gun any time it starts charging and HALVING both weapons damage.

ianianian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: February 27, 2013, 07:20:18 AM »

They are just like large sized anti matter guns. They might only have 125 FPS but wehen they shoot it costs 1200 flux..

The only thing on balance that I agree about is neutrinos. In the hands of the CPU they are just too good. As a human rotating shield and aiming guns is much more difficult which might make them a bit less op, but right now I have a hard time killing destroyers with a capital ship because 1 on 1 they are impossible to beat. When they drop shields they lose all their flux in 1/2 a second..

I don't find antideluvians a problem at all, play safer vs them, use a little range.

I've also defeated one boss fleet so far, I have 2 cruisers in my fleet. The battle didn't seem TOO difficult, but regardless, I don't think I kept any of the loot I got. Maybe make special weapon drops or something? All I got was garbage from the admantium guy or whatever. Making bosses unable to retreat would also be REAALLLYYY beneficial.

As per the free trade: Also a bit ridiculous, I'm getting mass amounts of junk that I don't want :/ I would suggest convoys that go to your blocs stations and bring them unique weapons/ships that you can't otherwise buy from them. Or bring those to your home station but make them cost credits. I'm sick of hegemony fighters and frigates zzzzzz

Vilu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: February 27, 2013, 07:25:08 AM »

Well I heard enough. Setting the thing to let AI fire the gun any time it starts charging and HALVING both weapons damage.

I understand that you intent to leave the balancing stuff to the original authors and I respect that, but the only reason why i did bring this up was because of this:
Spoiler
With that setup (just 2 Hadrons and Mass Drivers, no other weapons) i beat Onslaught, Conquest and 2 Enforcer's in simulator. No more than 1½ minutes were used to kill all 4.

Of course something like that might be possible with other weapons, but at least would require more than just 4 guns (i would think so).

edit: The Last Hurrah mission got Conquest that you can refit, if you want to see / test yourself.
edit2: One could drop capacitor's to fit in 4 Pilums and Accelerated shields + Magazines to fit in some point defense and that thing would be even more powerful :)
[close]
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 07:35:25 AM by Vilu »

Brainbread

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: February 27, 2013, 07:52:48 AM »

They are just like large sized anti matter guns. They might only have 125 FPS but wehen they shoot it costs 1200 flux..

The only thing on balance that I agree about is neutrinos. In the hands of the CPU they are just too good. As a human rotating shield and aiming guns is much more difficult which might make them a bit less op, but right now I have a hard time killing destroyers with a capital ship because 1 on 1 they are impossible to beat. When they drop shields they lose all their flux in 1/2 a second..

I don't find antideluvians a problem at all, play safer vs them, use a little range.

I've also defeated one boss fleet so far, I have 2 cruisers in my fleet. The battle didn't seem TOO difficult, but regardless, I don't think I kept any of the loot I got. Maybe make special weapon drops or something? All I got was garbage from the admantium guy or whatever. Making bosses unable to retreat would also be REAALLLYYY beneficial.

As per the free trade: Also a bit ridiculous, I'm getting mass amounts of junk that I don't want :/ I would suggest convoys that go to your blocs stations and bring them unique weapons/ships that you can't otherwise buy from them. Or bring those to your home station but make them cost credits. I'm sick of hegemony fighters and frigates zzzzzz

Free ships is a excessive. More so since you can just sell them off to buy all the nice shiny ships that show up (more so when you're playing BRDY, TL and NC, just grab a capital ship after 30/60 days and roll). It'd be nice if they dropped off weapons for the faction, or ships at the faction station.

As for Neutrinos, they're much more powerful if you just grab Extended Shields in the tech tree and roll. I've found that they melt pretty fast when you actually control where your big guns are going. The ships are long and have large broadsides, and have small shields. Just grab your big guns and shoot them where their shields are not (which is, if you have fighters or support, a lot of places). Don't fight them nose to nose or you'll take forever, or not do too much.

As for "large" anitmatter weapons, they do more damage, have better flux efficiency, and longer range than the actual antimatter weapons. Combined with how armour works, they are amazingly effective against anything that isn't sitting on 4k armour, and even then its only one more shot before they kill the ship.

Burst Damage >>> DPS. Higher damage weapons ignore more armour, even if they do less damage per second. Which is pretty much why I mod down the damage on those big kinetics when I play.

ssthehunter

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: February 27, 2013, 08:09:13 AM »

Off topic here, is there somebody who can make your drawings in to starfarer ships?

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: February 27, 2013, 09:20:01 AM »

Yes, many.

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: February 27, 2013, 09:47:59 AM »

So, I have a problem, and that is that I have too many junk pirates capital ships, four too many. I'm only level 15, and all of those Junk Pirate invasion fleets that lose a bunch of crew and ships are easy pickings for a small fleet of frigates. Maybe should be fiddled with so doing this isn't so easy.

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: February 27, 2013, 01:07:54 PM »

I kinda feel like the different factions aren't quite as unbalanced as some people are making them out to be, people seem to be looking at a faction or weapon's strength while ignoring its weaknesses.

The Neutrinos might be good at auto-battle, but auto-battle doesn't affect the player very much, and their shields leave a rather large portion of their ships exposed, leaving them balanced in a regular fight.

The Antediluvians might have a huge amount of armor and firepower, but other than their burn drives which leave them unable to turn, their ships are kinda slow, unshielded, and their weapons have a very short range.

The thule meanwhile have especially good weapons on their ships for the ship size, but they have no shields and only average armor, leaving them vulnerable to anything that out-numbers them.

The blackrock ships may have more than the average number of weapons on their ships, but their weapons are almost all short-ranged and for the most part balanced.

As for the IF's more powerful weaponry, I feel that the only thing that might need a small nerf is the hadron accelerator. I kinda feel that their other weapons, while powerful, are balanced by their large flux cost, large ordinance cost, and large cooldown to fire. Vilu was able to make a pretty powerful ship based off of a few of these guns, but he did so by stripping every other weapon off of the ship, and isn't the point of the refit screen to make a more powerful ship anyways?

As for the junk pirate capital ships, I've also noticed the problem. It seems like the crew requirement/capacity levels might need a tweak.

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: February 27, 2013, 01:22:51 PM »

I kinda feel like the different factions aren't quite as unbalanced as some people are making them out to be, people seem to be looking at a faction or weapon's strength while ignoring its weaknesses.

The Neutrinos might be good at auto-battle, but auto-battle doesn't affect the player very much, and their shields leave a rather large portion of their ships exposed, leaving them balanced in a regular fight.

The Antediluvians might have a huge amount of armor and firepower, but other than their burn drives which leave them unable to turn, their ships are kinda slow, unshielded, and their weapons have a very short range.

The thule meanwhile have especially good weapons on their ships for the ship size, but they have no shields and only average armor, leaving them vulnerable to anything that out-numbers them.

The blackrock ships may have more than the average number of weapons on their ships, but their weapons are almost all short-ranged and for the most part balanced.

As for the IF's more powerful weaponry, I feel that the only thing that might need a small nerf is the hadron accelerator. I kinda feel that their other weapons, while powerful, are balanced by their large flux cost, large ordinance cost, and large cooldown to fire. Vilu was able to make a pretty powerful ship based off of a few of these guns, but he did so by stripping every other weapon off of the ship, and isn't the point of the refit screen to make a more powerful ship anyways?

As for the junk pirate capital ships, I've also noticed the problem. It seems like the crew requirement/capacity levels might need a tweak.

I am enjoying the junk pirates capital problem (as that picture shows), however maybe those fleets need a freighter of some sort?

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: February 27, 2013, 02:05:16 PM »

Yeah, I've noticed that several times and for some reason never quite done anything about it ... Sorry  :-[

I'm pretty sure it's an excess (or lack of) crew issue, may be all JP ships or possibly just the Kraken ...

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

ianianian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: February 27, 2013, 02:06:45 PM »

I understand that you intent to leave the balancing stuff to the original authors and I respect that, but the only reason why i did bring this up was because of this:
Spoiler
With that setup (just 2 Hadrons and Mass Drivers, no other weapons) i beat Onslaught, Conquest and 2 Enforcer's in simulator. No more than 1½ minutes were used to kill all 4.

Of course something like that might be possible with other weapons, but at least would require more than just 4 guns (i would think so).

edit: The Last Hurrah mission got Conquest that you can refit, if you want to see / test yourself.
edit2: One could drop capacitor's to fit in 4 Pilums and Accelerated shields + Magazines to fit in some point defense and that thing would be even more powerful :)
[close]

That setup will also lose to most destroyers if controlled by a human :S

I think this is more of an AI issue.

I don't think anything will change my mind about the Neutrino's, their vent rate is just too ridiculous.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: February 27, 2013, 02:23:29 PM »

Spoiler

[close]

The Mass driver and the Hadron Accelerator have flux\damage ratio balanced with the antimatter blaster. A hadron shot now costs 6k flux as it should.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 275