Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1560690 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.2 (Mods Collection) [upd.22\01]
« Reply #3180 on: January 22, 2014, 05:48:29 PM »

1090080 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 3
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 3
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMemberStatus$ShipStatus.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMemberStatus.updateFromAutoresolveData(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.accidents.oooO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.accidents.oooO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.accidents.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just crashed 3x in a row from this... weird

This is something that should be fixed in the hotfix; please make sure you've got RC3.

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: January 22, 2014, 06:40:01 PM »

This is something that should be fixed in the hotfix; please make sure you've got RC3.

No, was getting this error as well with RC3.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: January 22, 2014, 06:49:56 PM »

Could you post the stack trace from the log (and send me a quick PM) if you see it happen again? I'd like to verify that it's exactly the same error. It's possible there's another ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException error being caused by something else.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: January 22, 2014, 07:05:13 PM »

Got the PM - thanks! Different error (a NullPointerException); this looks like it's triggered by OmniFactory.

The error Linnis is seeing should be resolved in RC3.

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: January 22, 2014, 07:09:26 PM »

Yeah, I'm a goof and bad at reading :(

But I'm loving the optimizations - battles play out the same for me but the overworld's much smoother even though I had some hungry programs open in the background.

The Mayorate/Ifed integration is awesome Uomoz, going to get back to playing now :3

D0vahkiin

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: January 23, 2014, 04:07:00 AM »

How do I get rid of the new supply system, what do I have to delete? It makes my game unplayable, as you get almost zero supplies as loot.

For 2 hours now I have been stuck with 0 money, every fight even when I get 30K+ credits, I have to buy 30K worth of supplies. What broke the camels back, is that I completely crushed a huge enemy fleet and got 40K or so in credits. Guess how much worth of supplies I would have to get? Over 60K and that would mean selling half of my fleet. Literally 1 hit that goes through the armor cost me around 20K in supplies, WTF.

So, how do I get rid of this broken ******** system? Even the CR cost from alone from trying to get credits is sometimes more than the loot I get, NO, it's always more than I get. 23K from destroying a pirate fleet 3x bigger than mine? Need 30K+ supplies. This mod is unplayable like this, I didn't even take any damage in the fight and still I lose massive amounts of credits that I CANNOT AFFORD.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 05:05:13 AM by D0vahkiin »

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: January 23, 2014, 06:28:39 AM »

How do I get rid of the new supply system, what do I have to delete? It makes my game unplayable, as you get almost zero supplies as loot.

For 2 hours now I have been stuck with 0 money, every fight even when I get 30K+ credits, I have to buy 30K worth of supplies. What broke the camels back, is that I completely crushed a huge enemy fleet and got 40K or so in credits. Guess how much worth of supplies I would have to get? Over 60K and that would mean selling half of my fleet. Literally 1 hit that goes through the armor cost me around 20K in supplies, WTF.

So, how do I get rid of this broken ******** system? Even the CR cost from alone from trying to get credits is sometimes more than the loot I get, NO, it's always more than I get. 23K from destroying a pirate fleet 3x bigger than mine? Need 30K+ supplies. This mod is unplayable like this, I didn't even take any damage in the fight and still I lose massive amounts of credits that I CANNOT AFFORD.

Hi there! Thanks for the feedback! The supply system can't be easily changed and it's core to the UsS experience. I can give you some advices though!

The whole point of the new supply system is to make every trip out of the station a bit more risky as you need to stockpile some supplies and fuel. If you choose your fights wisely you can easily get rich as much as you get in vanilla, it just needs you to think a little bit more about the fights you get into.

The only real difference with vanilla is that instead of 100 supplies, you get 100 electronics that are exactly worth the same.

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: January 23, 2014, 07:33:54 AM »

juts got this, afther the battle, fly some,set next destotation target , checking loot & crashed
Spoiler
Code
4123609 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0OO.if.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.K.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0OO.if.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.public.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.p.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.p.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.public.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.B.?Ó?000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.A.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
everything fresh (game,mods ect.)

@D0vahkiin - things are easier when you have your own station at Vorid Walkers ( hyper space center)
you can easly change anything to supplies/fuel

Q: is there any way to spawn anything bigger then destroyer as "your" fleet at station ?
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: January 23, 2014, 09:22:51 AM »

Got the PM - thanks! Different error (a NullPointerException); this looks like it's triggered by OmniFactory.

The error Linnis is seeing should be resolved in RC3.

Yup, haven't hit it for a while... fixed

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: January 23, 2014, 11:44:08 AM »

The sony: your void walker faction fleet sizes are determined based on the size of your fleet when you activate it or on the size of your fleet upon game loading thereafter; for the composition of your fleets you need to change those in the dialogue menu by enabling/disabling new blueprints for usage by your followers.

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: January 23, 2014, 12:01:46 PM »

The whole point of the new supply system is to make every trip out of the station a bit more risky as you need to stockpile some supplies and fuel. If you choose your fights wisely you can easily get rich as much as you get in vanilla, it just needs you to think a little bit more about the fights you get into.

The only real difference with vanilla is that instead of 100 supplies, you get 100 electronics that are exactly worth the same.

I kind of share his concern actually. Despite getting resources at roughly the same value, I feel like I'm being shoehorned into using frigates and perhaps a destroyer due to supply consumption. I had a fight with a semi-large fleet which consisted of several frigates and destroyers, while mine was a single carrier and a total of three fighters. It was a really ugly fight, but in the end I actually managed to win. I recieved a fairly substantial reward, but a clear majority of the money went into supplies since fightercraft eats up a ton of it. I still made a profit, but if I had used frigates and a destroyer instead I would have gotten much better results. As such I have stopped using fighters entirely.

In vanilla Starsector you don't notice it as much because of how insanely much loot you get from a single victory. You're almost guaranteed to recieve more or the same amount of supplies you used in a battle. I understand that this mod wants to move away from that and make the player think more about the fights he picks, but my personal experience regarding the supply system has been lukewarm at best. Actually, now that I think about it, this mod was one of the reasons I made a thread in the Suggestions part of the forums asking for another resource besides Supplies.

I will continue trying out new fleets to see how it goes, in case I'm just paranoid or overreacting.

Also, great update. It's fun to see IFed back in the game, and the ability to build your own ships is a blast. Keep up the good work.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: January 23, 2014, 02:43:23 PM »

I kind of share his concern actually. Despite getting resources at roughly the same value, I feel like I'm being shoehorned into using frigates and perhaps a destroyer due to supply consumption. I had a fight with a semi-large fleet which consisted of several frigates and destroyers, while mine was a single carrier and a total of three fighters. It was a really ugly fight, but in the end I actually managed to win. I recieved a fairly substantial reward, but a clear majority of the money went into supplies since fightercraft eats up a ton of it. I still made a profit, but if I had used frigates and a destroyer instead I would have gotten much better results. As such I have stopped using fighters entirely.

In vanilla Starsector you don't notice it as much because of how insanely much loot you get from a single victory. You're almost guaranteed to recieve more or the same amount of supplies you used in a battle. I understand that this mod wants to move away from that and make the player think more about the fights he picks, but my personal experience regarding the supply system has been lukewarm at best. Actually, now that I think about it, this mod was one of the reasons I made a thread in the Suggestions part of the forums asking for another resource besides Supplies.

I will continue trying out new fleets to see how it goes, in case I'm just paranoid or overreacting.

Also, great update. It's fun to see IFed back in the game, and the ability to build your own ships is a blast. Keep up the good work.

I know that you might feel under-rewarded using fighters, but this might be more a vanilla issue then something related to UsS. Fighters are actually super expensive in vanilla as well, they are sustainable simply because vanilla rewards are so much that you can pretty much double the value of your fleet after each battle. I toned the rewards down, to make increasing the fleet a slower process, more comparable to the level growth. Basically you earn less and need to win more battles then vanilla to actually upgrade. That said, I love feedback posts like this, and these are the posts that actually make me think\tweak features in the mod.

userfriendly

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: January 23, 2014, 03:21:04 PM »

I have an odd issue when I start a new game I start with no fuel and have to wait until something kills me and I get a ship with fuel... I'm not really one for masochism so if anyone has an idea of what the problem could be or things I could try, please let me know.

I have tried to reinstall the game and the mod with lazylib to no avail. I also manual changed the file that needs the change.

The problem does not occur in vanilla starsector.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: January 23, 2014, 03:24:49 PM »

I have an odd issue when I start a new game I start with no fuel and have to wait until something kills me and I get a ship with fuel... I'm not really one for masochism so if anyone has an idea of what the problem could be or things I could try, please let me know.

I have tried to reinstall the game and the mod with lazylib to no avail. I also manual changed the file that needs the change.

The problem does not occur in vanilla starsector.

Hey there man! Give a read to the character creation dialogue, it's all explained there.

userfriendly

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: January 23, 2014, 03:38:10 PM »

Hey there man! Give a read to the character creation dialogue, it's all explained there.

From previous iterations I have played of the mod I would most definitely think I am missing some dialogue options upon character creation. All I am seeing is the following:

The Legacy

The Journey
After that I get my choice of ship and I stat allocation I forgot to mention I am not given any points to allocate. Somehow I feel this might be a java issue. I'm running (build 1.7.0_51-b13).

« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 03:43:28 PM by userfriendly »
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 275