Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1549080 times)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*
« Reply #4065 on: October 29, 2014, 04:57:22 PM »

Hmm, fair warning, the new version doesn't have crafting. I still have to see how to make it into the game since now the scarcity of ships is vanilla and I don't have to make it so artificially. I could still add them as a random drop from fleets, but I need to add costs to obtain them as well, and also ways to make components. Hmm, decisions decisions.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: October 29, 2014, 05:08:58 PM »

Hmm, fair warning, the new version doesn't have crafting. I still have to see how to make it into the game since now the scarcity of ships is vanilla and I don't have to make it so artificially. I could still add them as a random drop from fleets, but I need to add costs to obtain them as well, and also ways to make components. Hmm, decisions decisions.

Definitely my favorite part of your mod, especially for Void Walkers, but an acceptable loss for the moment if it gets your mod back into my hands sooner

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: October 30, 2014, 10:28:19 AM »

With the new relations mechanics, would it be possible for the Void Walkers to eventually get back up to good relations with one faction? (possibly two if you were trying really hard) Similar to how you can befriend the pirates with a lot more effort than I've spent on them so far.

pyg

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: November 02, 2014, 03:53:45 AM »

OK, I'm bored with vanilla again.  It's too easy.  I suspect tuning the economy so it is as challenging as before will be difficult for you.  I suggest making the pirates way harder (lose the 'D' hulls and increase force strength, speed bonus?) and if one could spawn fleets that actively pursued large 'merchant' fleets there might be something more to the early game than just trading your way to level 30 in 4-6 months game time.  I wasn't really expecting it to work but the latest dev version breaks for me here after trying to start a new game:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.CampaignFleetAPI.forceSync()V
        at data.scripts.uss.UomozUtils.RandomizeAndSortAndFill(UomozUtils.java:74)
        at data.scripts.uss.TimeManager.advance(TimeManager.java:49)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: November 02, 2014, 05:23:56 AM »

He mentioned creating a vanilla plus (most mechanics but no factions) branch of the mod a little while back but I don't believe he has released that yet (and if he has please let me know, I finally have a full day to play!!)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: November 02, 2014, 05:44:33 AM »

I'm sorry guys, super busy days lately. I thought that after getting the degree I'd have more time but NOPE.jpg. I strongly suggest playing SS+ (when it comes out), it's basically UsS anyway with the new vanilla patch.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: November 02, 2014, 06:16:42 AM »

Quite alright, real life is always more important. I hope that you do find time overall for the full compilation but I understand if you are unable. Good luck!

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: November 04, 2014, 05:55:50 PM »

So, I edited the Vmparams, I got the libraries in and activated, I got the 64 bit java into the folder and I'm getting this error. Any ideas?

Hey guys, I'm a complete newb who just got starsector a few days ago, but wanted to try out some mods due to the feeling of lack of content in the base game. Downloaded a redundant version of the game (0.62), edited vmparams (and double-checked for typos), installed both the libraries, activated the mods and libraries, updated java... and get the same error. Any idea what's happening? Sorry in advance if it's a stupid question and I'm missing something obvious, like I said I'm brand new to the game.  :D

The only thing I can think of that might be causing an issue despite using the older core game and mod, is that the two libraries (lazylib and shaderlib) being updated for the new game version. I don't suppose anyone with a working version of the mod could upload the (possibly older) versions of the libraries they're using so I could try those?

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: November 04, 2014, 06:25:07 PM »

Hey guys, I'm a complete newb who just got starsector a few days ago, but wanted to try out some mods due to the feeling of lack of content in the base game. Downloaded a redundant version of the game (0.62), edited vmparams (and double-checked for typos), installed both the libraries, activated the mods and libraries, updated java... and get the same error. Any idea what's happening? Sorry in advance if it's a stupid question and I'm missing something obvious, like I said I'm brand new to the game.  :D

The only thing I can think of that might be causing an issue despite using the older core game and mod, is that the two libraries (lazylib and shaderlib) being updated for the new game version. I don't suppose anyone with a working version of the mod could upload the (possibly older) versions of the libraries they're using so I could try those?

I've got a backed-up .7z archive with the most recent pre-0.65a versions of LazyLib, ShaderLib, Common Radar, Console Commands, and Leading Target Pip.

However, the ShaderLib version is rather bare bones, without any of the material/normal/surface map textures, and the performance-friendly distortion .png files (so not as pretty, overall, but less RAM consuming).

Still want me to upload it somewhere for ya?

EDIT: Nevermind! LazyWizard to the rescue!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 06:27:40 PM by TimeDiver »

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #4074 on: November 04, 2014, 06:27:02 PM »

Here are the .62a versions of LazyLib and ShaderLib (or basic if you need it)

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: November 04, 2014, 09:42:20 PM »

Here are the .62a versions of LazyLib and ShaderLib (or basic if you need it)

Thanks, those libraries worked! I suggest maybe bundling them together with your 0.62 version of the mod -- at least until you finish the update to 0.65 -- so that other players won't have to go through the trouble of asking for help with errors and waiting for someone to post the URL for the older library downloads.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 02:54:50 AM by Regularity »

Morrigi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: November 06, 2014, 12:05:51 PM »

Hey guys, I'm a complete newb who just got starsector a few days ago, but wanted to try out some mods due to the feeling of lack of content in the base game. Downloaded a redundant version of the game (0.62), edited vmparams (and double-checked for typos), installed both the libraries, activated the mods and libraries, updated java... and get the same error. Any idea what's happening? Sorry in advance if it's a stupid question and I'm missing something obvious, like I said I'm brand new to the game.  :D

I've got a backed-up .7z archive with the most recent pre-0.65a versions of LazyLib, ShaderLib, Common Radar, Console Commands, and Leading Target Pip.

However, the ShaderLib version is rather bare bones, without any of the material/normal/surface map textures, and the performance-friendly distortion .png files (so not as pretty, overall, but less RAM consuming).

Still want me to upload it somewhere for ya?

EDIT: Nevermind! LazyWizard to the rescue!
Could I get Leading target Pip?

Also, somewhat unrelated, but is it possible for one to make the omnifactory (from said mod) spawn in hyperspace?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 12:08:54 PM by Morrigi »

TheSpaceMolester

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: November 12, 2014, 01:06:59 AM »

So i just recently installed the mod and the other two mods required to run it and i edited the file but all i get is this.

I know im probably being stupid and im missing something but halp.

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: November 12, 2014, 01:14:56 AM »

Check the subject line.

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: November 12, 2014, 01:33:50 AM »

So i just recently installed the mod and the other two mods required to run it and i edited the file but all i get is this.

I know im probably being stupid and im missing something but halp.
This mod is not yet compatible with Starsector 0.65.1a.
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 275