Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1560562 times)

Graidon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*
« Reply #4035 on: October 06, 2014, 05:44:28 AM »

So I recently updated to the latest version of the mod, and now for some reason my framerate drops to 30 fps at the beginning of all the battles. It seems to recover easily enough after I hit the toggle the map once or twice, but it's still a big pain. Any ideas as to why that's happening?

And yeah, I did change the vmparams.

pyg

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: October 06, 2014, 08:35:18 AM »

I'm done with it! 110/110, nailed!

Excellent

That said I'm waiting for the vanilla update to go back into modding. The Next UsS iteration will come back to the roots, since the economy balance I created with the crafting system will be dismantled by the new vanilla economy. We'll see how to proceed, but for sure it will integrate most of the good ol' factions. Ideally UsS will be the "expansion" that incorporate what I think is the best content offered on the forum, in a hardcore-ish setting.

Makes sense and the update could be any day now it seems.

SS+ is kind of overlapping UsS features right now, for better or worse, so using either one will produce a similar experience.

Hmm, that's high praise.  I'll have to check SS+ out.

@Graidon: Yes, not editing vmparams only creates a situation where you can't reload saved games.  It has just been annoyingly over reported bug IMO.  Also sorry if I sound snarky.  This forum is generally very tolerant and nice and it's really Uomoz's privilege to be annoyed, not mine.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: October 06, 2014, 08:50:48 AM »

I need to clarify the OP to be more precise about the vparams stuff.

Meanwhile, dev updated for BR, JP, PACK and ASP. Later today will finish with SS+, SHI, EXI and ILK. Then I'll release 1.4.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: October 06, 2014, 08:52:30 AM »

I should've updated TuP. I blame PB for taking up what time I have.  ::)

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: October 07, 2014, 02:52:48 PM »

I should've updated TuP. I blame PB for taking up what time I have.  ::)

Speaking of which. Any chance of seeing PB join the factions in Uzomo's sector?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: October 07, 2014, 03:06:47 PM »

It is compatible, meaning you can run Uomo'z Sector and Batavia at the same time and have Batavia appear in the campaign with all functionality, minus blueprints, if I remember correctly.  Although they don't have a set home system yet, Uomoz might be waiting for that before full implementation. ;)
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: October 08, 2014, 06:00:05 AM »

It is compatible, meaning you can run Uomo'z Sector and Batavia at the same time and have Batavia appear in the campaign with all functionality, minus blueprints, if I remember correctly.  Although they don't have a set home system yet, Uomoz might be waiting for that before full implementation. ;)
Yes, it is fully compatible, but blueprints don't function for PB. No, Uomoz will not be adding it as he simply doesn't like the style.

PixiCode

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: October 08, 2014, 08:10:31 PM »

Does anyone know how to quicken the appearance of ship types in the hangars of factions?

I went and decided to join the mayorate in the Rasht system. They've had nothing but transport ships, mining pods and lancers for awhile now, with only 1 mayorate ship type to buy ((First a carrier, then a battlecruiser. plzno i'm only level 6 ._.))

I have 140k money and i don't have anything to really spend it on except to make a few million liliths in the production I suppose ;c
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 08:13:53 PM by Chroma »

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: October 08, 2014, 08:25:47 PM »

The best way to acquire new ships is trading blueprints with the faction and then building them using the materials they sell. :)

Graidon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: October 08, 2014, 08:34:29 PM »

@Graidon: Yes, not editing vmparams only creates a situation where you can't reload saved games.  It has just been annoyingly over reported bug IMO.  Also sorry if I sound snarky.  This forum is generally very tolerant and nice and it's really Uomoz's privilege to be annoyed, not mine.

Oh, I wasn't trying to be snarky or anything, sorry if it came across that way. I'm just a noob who has a framerate issue at the beginning of ship battles and doesn't know how to fix it. By mentioning that I had changed the vmparams ahead of time I was just trying to get that out of the way.

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: October 12, 2014, 09:31:47 PM »

So Uomoz at the risk of sounding like an ass and putting you on the spot, do you plan on updating your mod before .65? I only ask because I read some of your comments on the announcement thread and I wasn't really sure if you were going to continue the mod or just roll with vanilla for a while. To state things clearly, are we ever going to see version 1.4?

Now I feel like an ass. I'm not trying to be, nor am I trying to be demanding of you. I'm just curious as to where your thoughts are on the matter(is there a matter).

*** it. Blarg. Foot in mouth.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 09:33:42 PM by Alphascrub »

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: October 12, 2014, 10:00:29 PM »

So Uomoz at the risk of sounding like an ass and putting you on the spot, do you plan on updating your mod before .65? I only ask because I read some of your comments on the announcement thread and I wasn't really sure if you were going to continue the mod or just roll with vanilla for a while. To state things clearly, are we ever going to see version 1.4?

Now I feel like an ass. I'm not trying to be, nor am I trying to be demanding of you. I'm just curious as to where your thoughts are on the matter(is there a matter).

*** it. Blarg. Foot in mouth.

You are totally right, I should have updated long ago. I've been stuck deciding what to do with my life recently, after having finally completed my bachelor degree. Meanwhile the DEV is stable and has basically all the features of 1.4, minus the last ss+ patch.

pyg

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: October 13, 2014, 08:06:04 AM »

Haven't gotten this to repeat yet but here is a new one.  Also discovered a bunch of case mismatches in TuP backgrounds but they only seem to be used in missions so it's no big deal.

Spoiler
779425 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.attack.AttackAIModule.o00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.attack.AttackAIModule.o00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.BasicShipAI.advance(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.void.super.float$super(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.A.oOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
[close]

Tallinu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: October 16, 2014, 06:45:59 PM »

So I've been playing with this for a while, and I now have something like a dozen copies of the Lasher blueprint. I can't sell them. I can't delete them. They're just cluttering up my list of blueprints.

I tried using a text editor to hunt through the save file for whatever section it stores your list of available blueprints in, planning to simply delete the duplicates, but I can't find anything except the "BPfrigates", "BPdestroyers", etc that apparently list all possible blueprints. I've tried blueprint, BP, schem(atic), factory, produ(ction), manuf(acturing), constr(uction), and probably a few other search terms. Some of them get most likely unrelated entries, others get nothing. Does anyone know what to look for to find this data?

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: October 25, 2014, 06:55:57 AM »

Wow, when'd your mod turn into such a pain to get running, Uomoz? :P

So, I edited the Vmparams, I got the libraries in and activated, I got the 64 bit java into the folder and I'm getting this error. Any ideas?

Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 275