Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1549202 times)

joey4track

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.2 (Mods Collection) [upd.22\01]
« Reply #3210 on: January 24, 2014, 02:14:14 PM »

Ok yeah i am i idiot. After installing the new SS and the mod i forgot to install lazylib :p

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: January 24, 2014, 02:16:46 PM »

I'm getting kind of a strange error.  The game loads up just fine, and runs fairly smoothly up until it's time to save.  Saving takes ~20 seconds, which is fine, but I am incapable of loading a game.  I can't grab a previous save game, nor can I load a game from the save menu.  It goes through the loading process and then says something to the effect of "Your mods may be incompatible", when they clearly are not.  I've got the starsector log here:

Spoiler
571737 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Error loading
572125 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Java heap space
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
   at java.util.Arrays.copyOfRange(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.String.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.StringBuffer.toString(Unknown Source)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.path.PathTracker.peekElement(PathTracker.java:133)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.path.PathTracker.getPath(PathTracker.java:169)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.ReferenceByXPathUnmarshaller.getCurrentReferenceK ey(ReferenceByXPathUnmarshaller.java:41)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:63)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:66)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unma rshallField(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:355)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doUn marshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:306)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unma rshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:234)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:72)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:65)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:66)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unma rshallField(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:355)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doUn marshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:306)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unma rshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:234)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:72)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:65)
[close]

Any help would be appreciated!

Yo dawg! So the issue is probably the lack of allocated memory, the fix is written in the OP:

Open your Stasector directory, edit the vmparams file with notepad, inside it replace -Xms512m -Xmx512m with -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m

Musaab

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: January 24, 2014, 03:39:34 PM »

Just wanted to say that I finally started playing your mod and I think it's great.  Thanks to you and all the people who made the mods that are a part of this mod.  You guys are awesome. 

Leandero

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: January 25, 2014, 02:49:02 AM »

Hello Uomoz, first of all great work on the mod as usual :). The work of you and the other modders makes this game a lot more fun.
The only issue i have with the mod is the Leave faction section, one stupid misclick and instead of leaving the window or entering your "garage/storage" you leave the faction... I don't know if it is possible but could you add some kind of confirmation box to leave faction so you can't accidentally quit it and have to reload. (always happens when you have been playing a long time and forgot to save....  ::))

Hope this is of any help, good luck with your future efforts.

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: January 25, 2014, 08:51:47 AM »

So, this is an odd problem. I have enough ram, and edited the vmparams, and I have LazyLib, but when I try to load the game it seems to hang on the main menu, with the Uomoz's Sector image halfway off the top of the screen.

joey4track

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: January 25, 2014, 09:18:10 AM »

I also cannot load savegames and it's freaking frustrating as all hell losing so much progress every freaking time i try to play this wtf?!! I've tried every fix and still can't. I can play Exerelin with a ton of systems etc.. with no problem but with this mod I have problems  :-\

Dog

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: January 25, 2014, 03:58:48 PM »

Yo dawg! So the issue is probably the lack of allocated memory, the fix is written in the OP:

Open your Stasector directory, edit the vmparams file with notepad, inside it replace -Xms512m -Xmx512m with -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m

Ah, yes this leads to yet another problem, that also appears to happen to several people on this page.  The game loads up and then hangs almost instantly on the home screen.  There doesn't appear to be anything in the Starsector Log file either.  I'm going to check on my Java, but I don't think that that is the problem.  Any input?

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: January 25, 2014, 07:23:24 PM »

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback!

Really kind of like the new start. Though tossing three different types of ships from different mods might make it a tad hard to grasp each playstyle, especially since some ships from some mods have ways in that they should be played. If the random 3 that were chosen were from the same faction, this would help out with the initial setup.

I kind of like it as it is though, now if you find a faction you don't like to start with, you have 2 more ships to chose from..

Hello Uomoz, first of all great work on the mod as usual :). The work of you and the other modders makes this game a lot more fun.
The only issue i have with the mod is the Leave faction section, one stupid misclick and instead of leaving the window or entering your "garage/storage" you leave the faction... I don't know if it is possible but could you add some kind of confirmation box to leave faction so you can't accidentally quit it and have to reload. (always happens when you have been playing a long time and forgot to save....  ::))

Hope this is of any help, good luck with your future efforts.

Will add a confirmation dialogue!

Ah, yes this leads to yet another problem, that also appears to happen to several people on this page.  The game loads up and then hangs almost instantly on the home screen.  There doesn't appear to be anything in the Starsector Log file either.  I'm going to check on my Java, but I don't think that that is the problem.  Any input?

If you guys have a 64 bit system you can try downloading it, opening its installation folder and copy/pasting everything in the "jre7" folder inside the "jre" folder inside starsector's folder, after deleting everything inside "jre". If the game hangs is definitely a ram problem, but I can't replicate it.

Basically, UsS doesn't increase its memory requirements over time as the max number of fleets is spawned immediately at the beginning. Unlike other mods, like Exe, the sector ram demand doesn't grow over time, but start really high immediately after the first day.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: January 25, 2014, 10:38:35 PM »

I've noticed that the custom background music I hear sometimes in this is really loud in comparison to the vanilla music. Also, a few of the weapons seem to have no picture at all. Don't remember which though.

Mytre

• Ensign
  • So i see you read this
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: January 26, 2014, 07:20:36 AM »

would love this more if this worked with the other mods like hiigaran, bushi and neutrino D:  and valkyrians xD thought nice mod . love it so far using it

vehementi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: January 26, 2014, 01:30:28 PM »

How do the factions work?  Is there anywhere I can go while independent?  Everything seems to attack me.  Can I be friends with everyone and just kill pirates?

Zudgemud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: January 26, 2014, 02:36:37 PM »

would love this more if this worked with the other mods like hiigaran, bushi and neutrino D:  and valkyrians xD thought nice mod . love it so far using it

I guess the main reason why they are not implemented is that these factions have several ships and/or weapons that are quite OP when compared to vanilla. For example, Hiigaran energy weapons and energy turret hulls works like TriTachyon ships but with generally with better cr consumption/regen, better flux and better turret layout. They are really pretty, cool and fun to play with but I would not say they are vanilla balanced.

vehementi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: January 26, 2014, 02:52:32 PM »

Desdinova with heavy railguns / heavy mauler is ridiculous...

Bankoleva

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: January 26, 2014, 03:23:33 PM »

How do the factions work?  Is there anywhere I can go while independent?  Everything seems to attack me.  Can I be friends with everyone and just kill pirates?

There are independent trade stations throughtout. They are not in every star system. Usually named as Trading hub and are Grey.

You can only join 1 faction at a time. If you quit that faction, you are their enemy .... FOR LIFE. So no temporary trading sides.

When you join a faction you have access to their stations and the independent stations. If you attack any Independent trading fleet... your dubbed an enemy... FOR LIFE and lose access to those stations.

At the beginning with out joinging a faction, everyone is nuetral to you except the pirates, Junk pirates and another faction but i can't remember the other one. Once you join a faction, Diplomacy kicks in and you'll become an enemy to whoever their at war with.

Hope that helps...

~Bank

vehementi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: January 26, 2014, 03:29:00 PM »

I see, thanks.  BTW, I spawned in the black rock system and they were hostile to me and chased me to the station where I lost aggro by joining them... they're definitely not all neutral to start with.
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 275