Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: [0.97a] The Xhan Empire, version 2.51 Gramada  (Read 318832 times)

Deageon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC6] The Xhan Empire, version 2.4 Thousand Eyes
« Reply #150 on: March 17, 2023, 10:20:32 AM »

An interesting mod so far but what the hell is up with the mind control ships they are literally untouchable I got jumped by one at the far end of the sector and it mind controlled my fleet. It could not be harmed. How do you /kill/ it?

Haven't done it personally, but I feel like a chaff force of "disposable" frigates for it to focus it's mind control on would likely help your other ships last longer. Plus, it can't directly take control of a ship you pilot yourself, it just overloads you for a bit. Hit it with a superfrigate or something.

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC6] The Xhan Empire, version 2.4 Thousand Eyes
« Reply #151 on: March 17, 2023, 10:50:06 AM »

I did it myself and it was fairly easy, I'd had like 4 kassareks dumped on me by RNG so I sent them in first, then deployed the rest of my fleet with an eliminate order on the ship itself.
Most of my ships did end up dying, but I managed to finish the ship off in an occuklop by just holding forwards & firing the builtin when possible.

Peplat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC6] The Xhan Empire, version 2.5 Gramada
« Reply #152 on: March 19, 2023, 05:58:43 AM »

UPDATE 2.5 Gramada

Apologies for the long wait for a new update, just a bit of content but hopefully something you will enjoy! Hope to get new updates out a bit more frequently! Thank you everyone for the kind words you had for me in the interim between updates, I cant respond to them all but I read and appreciate all of it so please feel free to leave your thoughts!

-Added new ship Gramada
-Adjusted minor weapon damage values
-Reduced Pharrek DP

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 19, 2023, 06:10:53 AM »

Allow me to simply say:

POG POG POG POG POG POG POG!

Glad to hear you're doing okay, Peplat. And oh my god the final Gramada is just gorgeous, in that Xhan-y way.

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 19, 2023, 06:12:20 AM »

>-reduced Pharrek dp cost from 35 to 25
 ;D
Juicy. Thank you for the update!

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 19, 2023, 08:47:12 AM »

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY T U B E!

Deageon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 19, 2023, 10:16:07 AM »

THE TUBE AND Pharrek DP cost downturn? Holy ***, it's Christmas! Glad you're still kicking, this is still one of the mods I can never do without.

Network Pesci

• Commander
  • Hopefully, amusing you.
    • View Profile
Quoth the Hornet, "Git Gud!"
« Reply #157 on: March 19, 2023, 12:18:22 PM »

I hope this update is save-compatible, I just started a new campaign yesterday and I don't really want to restart, but the lure of new Xhan...

Peplat, you said you probably won't respond, but you'll read it.  I want you to know that Thousand Eyes is in my top ten unfair optional final extra-final bossfights in all of videogames.  Just the right amount of FEELING unfair and impossible while actually being doable once you approach it with the right mindset.  Doesn't take three hours IRL like Ruby Weapon or The Reaper, keeps being a challenge once I can reach the controls without a stepstool unlike Zaxxon or Sinistar.  An obscure free mod for a videogame and it stands proudly with Sword Saint Isshin or The Radiance in the list of all-time memorable bossfights.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 08:56:21 PM by Network Pesci »

Peplat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Quoth the Hornet, "Git Gud!"
« Reply #158 on: March 19, 2023, 03:30:18 PM »

I hope this update is save-compatible, I just started a new campaign yesterday and I don't really want to restart, but the lure of new Xhan...

Peplas, you said you probably won't respond, but you'll read it.  I want you to know that Thousand Eyes is in my top ten unfair optional final extra-final bossfights in all of videogames.  Just the right amount of FEELING unfair and impossible while actually being doable once you approach it with the right mindset.  Doesn't take three hours IRL like Ruby Weapon or The Reaper, keeps being a challenge once I can reach the controls without a stepstool unlike Zaxxon or Sinistar.  An obscure free mod for a videogame and it stands proudly with Sword Saint Isshin or The Radiance in the list of all-time memorable bossfights.

Thank you, I really appreciate it! I am glad you enjoyed the boss fight so much, it was a lot of work with Xaiier getting the mind control system to work and all the special effects to make the ship special!

I haven't tested save compatibility extensively so you might just have to try it out and see what happens

Buggie

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 19, 2023, 04:38:46 PM »

oh my god best mod got updated thank you so much peplat

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 20, 2023, 03:05:29 AM »

I tested the new long boyes from Xhan and Mayasura for a bit, they did well. :o 8)
https://www.google.com/search?q=not+bad+meme

E: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=25460.0
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=21538.0
youtube.
com/watch?v=UTbVzx3PYcg&t=147s

:D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 03:18:57 AM by Dadada »

Network Pesci

• Commander
  • Hopefully, amusing you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 25, 2023, 09:55:08 AM »

I'm having a weird bug with Pamed.  I just started a new campaign with ONLY Xhan to make sure it's not a strange mod interaction, and the problem persists.  Pamed is friends with everyone and enemies to no one.  They're so nice, they're not even hostile to pirates when the pirates are attacking them.  This means that Pamed will offer bounties due to pirate activity, but the player can never collect on the bounties.  Destroying pirates in Pamed's system with a bounty active doesn't earn the player any money, because Pamed doesn't consider the pirates an enemy.

organicmeme

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 25, 2023, 07:48:17 PM »

Love the mod's aesthetic and lore. For some reason it reminds me of og Doom. I can see myself walking through the big, industrial, nostromo-like corridors of these ships killing demons. Only problem with the mod is that most ships seem REALLY weak, especially in the flux department (both capacity and vents).

The guns are very interesting and satisfying (unlike some other mods which just recycle vanilla guns like Hivers) but they're flux hungry and not very long ranged. Apart from the new Gramada, none of the other mainline ships can reliably kill a ship of the same size category, no matter how they're equipped (if they're all weapons from this mod).

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2023, 12:50:29 AM »

I played around with the long boy and I like it. I think
Spoiler
emergency repair
[close]
evens out the playing field concerning low tech vs high tech @sustain, by that I mean the ability to take punishment over a long time and still keep fighting since LT folds once the armour is done. I really f*ing like it, infact I think some more LT ships should have that ability!
Also: Praise the long boy, 10/10 addition. :D Thank you for the mod and the patch, I wish ya a pot of gold, stay healthy.

Big Bee

• Commander
  • bugs are cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 08, 2023, 12:16:54 PM »

oh my god! it is here!!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13