Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: [0.97a] The Xhan Empire, version 2.51 Gramada  (Read 319061 times)

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC5] The Xhan Empire, version 2.3 Stirring
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2021, 03:17:14 PM »

Extended Shields have no effect on the ULTRA233 just takes up OP, is this intended?

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2021, 09:08:52 PM »

Great mod, I love playing with this guys and going Pew Pew Pew. My only criticism that these guys turning speed is way to slow. It is painful when anything fast and zoomie targets them, it almost feels like your doomed when that happens.

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 24, 2021, 07:48:43 AM »

I don't know what mod gives the option of having a 'Contact' in which you can make relationships with members of a faction and gain missions and do other things like make purchases of good, old ships and construct new ships from their shipyards.

It might be from vanilla base game or from a mod like Nexerelin but regardless I have no idea where this new option of 'Contacts' came from.

I have never encounter any issues with that mod but when comes to Xhan, it is broken and I suspect this is because its capital has 3 structures around it and you can only interact with one of them, and that member you can contact is in one of the other structures you do not have access too but I might as well be wrong about my assumptions. Maybe the contact is there but the mod is broken and there is no to actually offer you missions and stuff.

Regardless you cannot have a contact in Xhan Empire, and that sucks. I wanted to find the mod it is from and let the author know of it know of the issue but then I thought it might actually be from vanillas updates and so should inform you. If this from another mod and you can do anything about, then sorry for bothering you. At least you are aware of a mod conflict.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 24, 2021, 09:50:56 AM »

Regardless you cannot have a contact in Xhan Empire, and that sucks. I wanted to find the mod it is from and let the author know of it know of the issue but then I thought it might actually be from vanillas updates and so should inform you. If this from another mod and you can do anything about, then sorry for bothering you. At least you are aware of a mod conflict.
Do you mean like this or contacts specifically dubbed as "Xhan" regarding their nationality or do you mean The Cluster specifically?

(Contacts is a vanilla system btw)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 24, 2021, 10:07:37 AM »

Do you mean like this or contacts specifically dubbed as "Xhan" regarding their nationality or do you mean The Cluster specifically?

(Contacts is a vanilla system btw)

I mean in each faction there is a member that you can make a contact (I suspect they can be found in capital stations only but I could be wrong about that), that will give you the stuff I mentioned (mission and the like). At the start of the game there a 4 out 5 contacts for you to make. Number 1 contact is always the contact you have for that faction, they can be found inside the capital station. This at the start gives you 1/5 contacts. Then you are offered contacts for Hegem, Tri-Tac, Indepent, factions.for you to build your relations up with that faction. It is a way to ensure you can get missions form a faction and raise your relationships with them, instead of hoping for a mission from that faction to pop-up.

You can establish contacts when interacting with members of a faction and delete contacts. For some reason this feature does not work with Xhan, I mean at the start, your given contact. It says they are at the capital start (in a Nex start) and sometimes you can see them in there (different start overs give different results as sometime it says they are there but you do not see them in the station - hence my suspecting of them being in the other station building). I can talk to them in the station if they are there but the only options is to cut-coms (or sometime I can help with your unrest option gray light because they have no unrest).

I did in this current game meet and make a new contact (rare that it happens) that let me build a relationship with them and I am hoping to use them to establish a new contact with the Xhan faction.

It isn't necessary to have this mod working (not like it will ruin my game experience and it only the starting that I do not have a working Xhan contact) as I am already good with the faction but it nice to get all the offers (like build and buy ships).

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 24, 2021, 10:30:54 AM »

I mean in each faction there is a member that you can make a contact (I suspect they can be found in capital stations only but I could be wrong about that), that will give you the stuff I mentioned (mission and the like). At the start of the game there a 4 out 5 contacts for you to make. Number 1 contact is always the contact you have for that faction, they can be found inside the capital station. This at the start gives you 1/5 contacts. Then you are offered contacts for Hegem, Tri-Tac, Indepent, factions.for you to build your relations up with that faction. It is a way to ensure you can get missions form a faction and raise your relationships with them, instead of hoping for a mission from that faction to pop-up.

You can establish contacts when interacting with members of a faction and delete contacts. For some reason this feature does not work with Xhan, I mean at the start, your given contact. It says they are at the capital start (in a Nex start) and sometimes you can see them in there (different start overs give different results as sometime it says they are there but you do not see them in the station - hence my suspecting of them being in the other station building). I can talk to them in the station if they are there but the only options is to cut-coms (or sometime I can help with your unrest option gray light because they have no unrest).

I did in this current game meet and make a new contact (rare that it happens) that let me build a relationship with them and I am hoping to use them to establish a new contact with the Xhan faction.

It isn't necessary to have this mod working (not like it will ruin my game experience and it only the starting that I do not have a working Xhan contact) as I am already good with the faction but it nice to get all the offers (like build and buy ships).
I see. Sounds like Nexerelin is stirring up the contacts system and I cannot help you, since I no longer use that.
The default behaviour -as far as I can tell- you randomly meet offers in a bar, an accepted offer (regardless of completion) turns into a potential contact, which -if developed- will keep providing offers. There are 2 contacts which are given by the story line during any playthrough. If I'm not mistaken this is it. Any other course is custom added by mods.
I only advise deletion for utterly crap contacts you are sure about never utilising again. The game doesn't tell you this, but you can have any amount of potential contacts waiting, but deletion seems to narrow your options (character remains at market but won't be accessible as contact ever again).

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 26, 2021, 09:23:03 AM »

I see. Sounds like Nexerelin is stirring up the contacts system and I cannot help you, since I no longer use that.
The default behaviour -as far as I can tell- you randomly meet offers in a bar, an accepted offer (regardless of completion) turns into a potential contact, which -if developed- will keep providing offers. There are 2 contacts which are given by the story line during any playthrough. If I'm not mistaken this is it. Any other course is custom added by mods.
I only advise deletion for utterly crap contacts you are sure about never utilising again. The game doesn't tell you this, but you can have any amount of potential contacts waiting, but deletion seems to narrow your options (character remains at market but won't be accessible as contact ever again).

(I missed the picture you posted, so yes that is the contacts I am talking about.)

That is interesting, I hardly ever visit the bar in stations. I use the contacts in the station when talking to members of the station (e.g. Administrator , Quartermaster and so on), I actually didn't know that they could be found in the bar. In my current game the contact in the station is working as it should. I think the other games were the contact was missing for me - they could have actually been in the bar and because I do not visit the bar I didn't find them. Thanks for the reply and feedback.   

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 26, 2021, 12:47:49 PM »

... I hardly ever visit the bar in stations. I use the contacts in the station when talking to members of the station (e.g. Administrator , Quartermaster and so on) ...
Yes, contact persons often can be seen in the comm screen (unless they are not part of the station crew) but they won't start giving you missions until you "met them" in the bar. This is perhaps something that Nex is trying to fix

MapleDaddy__ TTV

• Ensign
  • Twitch.tv/MapleDaddy__ I stream often
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2021, 11:24:22 AM »

https://i.imgur.com/s4FJsSQ.png

Found this in a research station, think this isn't supposed to drop as it has no icon, and n/a OP cost, must be a built in weapon.

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 28, 2021, 11:45:12 AM »

https://i.imgur.com/s4FJsSQ.png

Found this in a research station, think this isn't supposed to drop as it has no icon, and n/a OP cost, must be a built in weapon.

I had this exact same bug. I took a screenshot of it too but I forgot to post it. No need for me to do so now, I second this bug report.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 28, 2021, 12:20:39 PM »

UPDATE 2.3.1 Stirring
Is that 0 OP PD a leak? Electron Rods don't have any sprite and are too powerful to be intentional.
Technically you third this bug. :D
Finally it gets some noise. That is the built-in weapon of the new phase frigate and being acquirable screws up balance big time.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 08, 2022, 04:43:42 PM »

Is that 0 OP PD a leak? Electron Rods don't have any sprite and are too powerful to be intentional.
Grunt grunt here's a fix. Also corrects some minor mistakes like missing descriptions.

Noobishnoob

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2022, 07:01:02 AM »

So yea I got hit with that Zahkan wing bug, and now the saves basically dead, is there a way to edit it out from the player inventory or something? cuz, thats alot of time down the drain

Noobishnoob

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2022, 07:16:26 AM »

Holy crap, I removed any and everything related to the zahkan Wing in the Known weps and anything that was a CIS line with any mentions of fighter wing chip and so far so good but not sure of the longterm effects of just removing all those lines

Peplat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC6] The Xhan Empire, version 2.4 Thousand Eyes
« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2022, 09:51:04 PM »

UPDATE 2.4 Thousand Eyes

Unspoiled by human eyes, something stirring in the depthless void of space. Scour the stars to the northwest if so your thirst for power cannot be quenched

You Will need a new game to encounter new content. Thanks to Xaiier from the starsector discord for working with me and all their hard work making this update possible!

-added a new encounter
-fixed electron rod spawning as modular weapon

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13