Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: [0.97a] The Xhan Empire, version 2.51 Gramada  (Read 319045 times)

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] The Xhan Empire, version 2.2.1 Plans Set in motion
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2021, 04:15:52 PM »

absolute HATE where it's located, a 40 lightyear sized cloud of ***, especially with the massive amount of CR damage the newly updated hyperspace storms do. Why this?

Not every faction has to be in the core worlds - being far away can be both a lore and gameplay choice.
Using move slowly/go dark allows you to avoid 100% of hyperspace storm strikes.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Jet Black

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2021, 04:22:52 PM »

You should love where its located. Its basically a money machine. Every time I go there I make over a million credits.

That_hollow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2021, 06:26:41 PM »

That's another reason it's giant vape cloud buffer is a minor issue, the Xhan system will literally always be at the top of the F1 commerce menu because not many NPC's go/make it that far. Always cheapest Heavy Armaments, always cheapest crew, always cheapest supplies, always cheapest transplutonic and normal ore. I just dislike that you made a giant cloud around it, because i have to fly through that cloud A LOT at the start of a run. Like i said previously, i enjoy the ships a ton and they look good, easy trade is fine i guess, i just don't like the giant scripted vape cloud.
Oh and the "Just hold S", look that's fine if you need to get through a cloud, like 5-10 seconds not a big ask, you haven't seen the size of the cloud around Xhan if this is your serious advice, you'd be sitting there for literal minutes just holding "s" trying to get there.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2021, 06:57:18 PM »

Oh and the "Just hold S", look that's fine if you need to get through a cloud, like 5-10 seconds not a big ask, you haven't seen the size of the cloud around Xhan if this is your serious advice, you'd be sitting there for literal minutes just holding "s" trying to get there.

I made a topic in the suggestions section about being able to toggle move slowly by double tapping the key earlier as I already find having to hold down S bad even for normal things like asteroid belts. I don't think that the issue is with Xhan, rather, that move slowly is so important now but can't be toggled like other things making it a chore.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2021, 07:09:51 PM »

If you don't -need- the transponder on, you can toggle Go Dark and that keeps you at moving slowly speed.

Obviously this won't work if you're travelling through an area of space where someone expects transponders.

RemnantAI

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2021, 04:43:41 PM »

I have this mod activated for the latest 0.95a but I can't get any content to populate in new games. Any suggestions?

Michihiri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2021, 04:18:13 PM »

Oooh boy... I just got a memory leak after defending the Xhan empire from pirate armadas and WHEW

After every battle the game slowly but surely dropped fps and increase ram usage.

I know it's Xhan because I've been playing as a merc hunting pirate bounties in systems, I took down like 4 fleets in a SCY system that has more planets but didn't lag whatsoever...

I just ran away from the system when my fps hit 10 (After about 3 armadas attacking the station)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 04:20:01 PM by Michihiri »

Peplat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2021, 05:48:54 AM »

That's another reason it's giant vape cloud buffer is a minor issue, the Xhan system will literally always be at the top of the F1 commerce menu because not many NPC's go/make it that far. Always cheapest Heavy Armaments, always cheapest crew, always cheapest supplies, always cheapest transplutonic and normal ore. I just dislike that you made a giant cloud around it, because i have to fly through that cloud A LOT at the start of a run. Like i said previously, i enjoy the ships a ton and they look good, easy trade is fine i guess, i just don't like the giant scripted vape cloud.

Hyperspace clouds around and leading up to the system are generated by the vanilla game, and are semi random in nature as I understand it. So sometimes you can unfortunately get really thick clouds leading up to the system.

Oooh boy... I just got a memory leak after defending the Xhan empire from pirate armadas and WHEW

After every battle the game slowly but surely dropped fps and increase ram usage.

I know it's Xhan because I've been playing as a merc hunting pirate bounties in systems, I took down like 4 fleets in a SCY system that has more planets but didn't lag whatsoever...

I just ran away from the system when my fps hit 10 (After about 3 armadas attacking the station)

huh, I have no idea what would be causing that. ill test it out to see if it I can reproduce it, but I have run games where I defended the Xhan system before and didn't notice any slowdown after defeating consecutive invading fleets. I know sometimes entering really huge battles can cause slowdown after the fact, so it may have been bad luck in regards to that.  Though if you do encounter the same problem again, let me know.

I have this mod activated for the latest 0.95a but I can't get any content to populate in new games. Any suggestions?

Do you mean the faction systems do not show up in game? if so make sure its enabled, and if so then delete the current version and redownload it to make sure it isnt an issue with the download

Silveressa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2021, 10:39:20 PM »

Does this require a new campaign? Or can be it be added to existing saves?

Michihiri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2021, 12:22:21 PM »

Does this require a new campaign? Or can be it be added to existing saves?

Well you can probably put it on existing saves like other faction mods, but it won't spawn the actual faction planets and systems, but you might be able to find the ships in black markets (if it's actually listed in there) dunno about the weapons (maybe blueprints?)

Peplat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] The Xhan Empire, version 2.2.2 Plans Set in motion
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2021, 12:17:41 AM »

small micropatch, fixed random crash that could happen when generating the sector
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 12:20:28 AM by Peplat »

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2021, 02:06:17 AM »

Are you the same modder that made the Shrieking bandit's expansion mod for Kenshi? if so that's crazy and I salute you!
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

123nick

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2021, 10:55:45 PM »

Will Industrial Evolution Reverse-engineering support be added for United Pamed ships? or any ships from this mod in general? i could see most xhan ships being reverse engineerable since their fairly conventional, but United Pamed might be too high tech, for stuff like a Carrilon. Then again, i think ingame you can reverse engineer dooms and the tri tach ship that has the time acceleration field, so i dont think a Carrilon would be such a leap from those, and you caan get lots of them fairly easily by just going too paltan every now and then, so reverse engineering of them probably makes sense.

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2021, 02:20:23 AM »

Will Industrial Evolution Reverse-engineering support be added for United Pamed ships? or any ships from this mod in general? i could see most xhan ships being reverse engineerable since their fairly conventional, but United Pamed might be too high tech, for stuff like a Carrilon. Then again, i think ingame you can reverse engineer dooms and the tri tach ship that has the time acceleration field, so i dont think a Carrilon would be such a leap from those, and you caan get lots of them fairly easily by just going too paltan every now and then, so reverse engineering of them probably makes sense.

you can do this yourself via whitelisting in the csv on the industrial mod itself.
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

FFNAM

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2021, 04:52:55 PM »

Good evening! I just discovered Starsector from a youtuber I sometimes check out and I'm embarrassed to admit how many hours I've already put in. I love the Xhan mod as well as a bunch of others I've tried out. Modders are the best, I tell you! I'd like to ask other Xhan mod users have you encountered Xhan getting steam rolled by multiple major factions relatively early in the game. Xhan starts out an enemy to every one and it seems it is the Persean and Hegemony's mission in the universe to commit every possible resource to eradicate Xhan as soon as possible. I've tried three different starts with Xhan and before I can have a fleet of a few frigs and DDs a parade of strike forces rush to eradicate Xhan. Its odd, I've tried multiple other factions out and Xhan seems to survive and thrive when I'm not playing the faction. Its the fourth time I've tried and had to get on the forums since it just happened again as I'm playing. Persean forces where defeated now the entire Hegemony fleet is on its way to pile in.

Thanks for any insights on this and thanks for the mod!

Update: I just checked the war report and PRV and SCY are also attacking Xhan. lol.

Update: Sure enough the factions kept coming and now the Cluster is no more. This is the 4th time...I was enjoying myself too :(
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 06:11:07 PM by FFNAM »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13