Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to make effing money/profit?  (Read 1533 times)

vitowns

• Ensign
    • View Profile
How to make effing money/profit?
« on: February 13, 2020, 02:48:26 PM »

I only have 1 ship and theres squads and armies of ships /fleets everywhere so far i won a combat against 2 ships i got lucky so i sold a ship i claimed ((It was derilict)) but the money i made from it was a big joke like 400 credits... How do i play this game lol!!!

Aereto

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: How to make effing money/profit?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 03:08:49 PM »

Selling ships don't usually give much credits due to taxes. Black market is where it is at, but it will make patrols wary of you and give cause to penalize your rep with the faction. D-mods also lower its value.

You can make profit if you can sneak into black markets to buy low and sell high.

The main source of money comes from missions and bounties (system bounty, commission pay, or target bounties).

Trade missions often require buying the stuff before turning them in, while contract bounties you find in bars require that you need enough room to carry them.

Exploration missions require you knowing how to plan and efficiently use fuel and supplies to accept multiple missions in a single route and clear them all for big money. Normally for more navigation-based players because you can bump into something nasty and get caught like a deer in headlights.

Bounties if you want the action and skill, loot their supplies and fuel, and all that fun stuff. Good if you don't care about the outlaws. That being said, those pirate fleets can be nasty, especially when you decide to do in the middle of a pirate raid where you'll meet large armadas and hope you have a faction patrol fleet to at least assist in their efforts.

There is also founding your own colony, but that presents a challenge in of itself, because that is a kind of topic that requires a more thorough discussion. In other words, a can of worms.

vitowns

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 04:28:25 PM »

Wow Aereto thank you so much for the detailed information and reply ;) I guess i expected to make easy money, but such thing shouldn't be in space hehe, I'll keep everything you said in mind i'm particularly interested into bounties and navigation missions!

TaylorItaly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 12:48:13 AM »

I am a newbee in this game , but in the last days i could farm a lot of money by following the first steps of this post :

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17885.0

Forget all the rest of that post , but with that smuggling i earn about 2 Mio Credits , than i hired a agent and gave him order to sabotage the drug reserves on a pirate station and
suddenly they needed 1000 drugs and open 2 missions for 500 drugs each , payment 500.000 Credits.
It is bit tricking to reach that pirate outpost , because the pirates hates me, but with luck and ability i`ve done it ,2 Mio cash.

Acheran Order and Nex are the mods that allows me that , it was really fun...

Squigzilla

• Commander
  • SQUIG Industries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 05:59:00 AM »

I find it very hard to make substantial profits in the early game unless you are fulfilling some sort of bounty or contract. System bounties are good for this -- go to an area with such a bounty posted and look for easy targets. If you see small groups of enemies or friendly fleets in a fight with a larger enemy group, jump in there and crack some heads. Unshielded enemies like a Cerberus or Buffalo mkII are particularly juicy targets for the starting Wolf.

Exploration missions to survey something like a Domain probe are also really good. If you fly around for a while you'll eventually find offers for more than one job close together. These are good for saving fuel and supplies on the trip to and from civilized space. I'd avoid planet surveying missions because they require lots of supplies or ships with surveying equipment.

Also, remember that you do get a bit of money from the Academy in the first 3 years, enough to keep yourself supplied and buy some more frigates. You'll naturally accumulate a bigger fleet this way.
High Admiral Davian MacNaile of the SQUIG Industries Human Resources Motivational Flotilla

Tempest

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 03:28:18 PM »

First thing you do, open the Intel tab and check which factions have ongoing hostilities. Then go to a system where both of them have colonies, and watch them fight. They will disable each other's ships, which you can recover for free. You can also hang around pirate bases like that, and wait for the system defenses to swoop in.

There are also disabled ships floating around the hyperspace. There are also many spots with multiple disabled ships that you can recover (accept missions that require you to scan derelicts to get intel).

si1foo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 07:10:07 AM »

you can also get buy really easily just by buying and selling resources to different planet's or by flying arround with resources in your hold already and hoping you come across a urgent demand mission which pay a lot for the resources