Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: UI/text suggestions (intel, economy)  (Read 667 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
UI/text suggestions (intel, economy)
« on: January 26, 2020, 12:23:27 AM »

Important intel cleanup
Issue I see sometimes on Discord: newbie can't figure out how to get rid of already-completed intel items clogging the list in their intel screen. (Nexerelin makes it worse by adding certain events that are marked important)

Perhaps there should be a button at the top of the list when the Important tag is selected: "Remove X completed items"?

Clarifying how commodity supply/demand works
Replace some texts:

e.g. in the Colony Info screen's commodity tooltip, replace "Maximum demand" with "Demand level"
and "profitably exporting X units of <commodity>" with "profitably exporting <commodity> at level X"
and likewise for all similar texts in the game; e.g. accessibility tooltip reads "Same-faction imports and exports limited to level X"

This reduces the number of things that imply commodity supply/demand amounts are additive (e.g. 3 demand + 5 demand + 8 demand from different industries/colonies = 16 demand) when they really aren't at all.
(The other big thing that does this is market share/export income, which I think should also be changed but doing this has gameplay effects that need to be considered)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: UI/text suggestions (intel, economy)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 09:19:44 AM »

I wonder if the "don't remove important intel even if it's completed" thing should just go. I'm not sure it's really adding much of value.

As far as "demand level" phrasing, hmm - this seems like a good idea; let me think on it a bit.

RXotPkogMtvVU0xS

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: UI/text suggestions (intel, economy)
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 11:10:16 AM »

Another UI suggestion:

Make the main screen keys (Character/Fleet/Refit/Cargo/Map/Intel/Command) reconfigureable. The default keys are incredibly un-ergonomic.