Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: [0.97a] The Asteroid ship pack 1.4d  (Read 162684 times)

liam556

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] The Asteroid ship pack 1.4
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2022, 10:11:28 PM »

Heh, I forgot about that. It's fixed now.

liam556

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] The Asteroid ship pack 1.4
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2022, 04:17:39 AM »

Eureka Seven

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] The Asteroid ship pack 1.4a
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2022, 05:34:17 AM »

Thiz muda waz WAAAAGH!!!!

May I ask for you permission to translate this mod into Chinese and upload it to Forum Of SartSector In China(https://www.fossic.org/)?

liam556

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2022, 07:22:41 PM »

Yeh, alright you have permission to translate the mod. Just make sure that people know that I made this mod or even just link this page on the Chinese forums.

Eureka Seven

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2022, 04:05:05 AM »

Yeh, alright you have permission to translate the mod. Just make sure that people know that I made this mod or even just link this page on the Chinese forums.
Thanks!I will! ;D

liam556

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] The Asteroid ship pack 1.4b
« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2023, 10:29:21 PM »

Screech9791

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2023, 11:21:47 PM »

hey, i guess this is the first content mod created/updated for 0.96
congrats man

liam556

• Ensign
    • View Profile

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2023, 08:18:02 AM »

Just wanted to say that I absolutely loved the Pebble from this. It was an awesome tank while I had it, often being one of the last ships standing on my side. Things got even crazier when I figured out Experimental Hull Modifications and up-sized some of its slots -- that thing was deadly!

You will be missed, ISS Agelaus.

Whitestar60

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2023, 08:51:39 AM »

Hello, sorry for the bother but I've been having some issues trying to get this mod to work. Specifically after downloading the latest version (1.4.b) and extracting it to my vanilla Starsector mod folder said mod doesn't even show up in the initial selection screen for the launcher. I've also tried editing the mod_info.json file to see if maybe that could have been an issue with no success. Just ends up locking up and spitting out an error about 'invalid characters'.

SS: 0.96a-RC10, JE7 install, vanilla settings.

Please let me know if you need further information and once again sorry for the bother. 

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2023, 02:40:17 PM »

It's usually helpful to post the relevant part of the log along with your bug report. Although, the "invalid character" thing coupled with the fact you're using Linux tells me that it may be some IDs being capitalized in some parts of the mod, but not in others.

If that's the case, you can fix it on your end while the author returns to do it themselves. It's fairly easy and quick to do, especially in a simple ship pack like this.

Whitestar60

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2023, 08:33:27 AM »

It's usually helpful to post the relevant part of the log along with your bug report. Although, the "invalid character" thing coupled with the fact you're using Linux tells me that it may be some IDs being capitalized in some parts of the mod, but not in others.

If that's the case, you can fix it on your end while the author returns to do it themselves. It's fairly easy and quick to do, especially in a simple ship pack like this.

Sorry about that, dunno why it slipped my mind. For the mod author here is the relevant snippet in the log:

1063 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/fonts/orbitron12_0.png (using cast)
2886 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Error loading mod from [./mods/Asteroid ship pack 1.4b]
2886 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - /home/whitestar60/Downloads/Starsector Mod Test/./mods/Asteroid ship pack 1.4b/mod_info.json
A JSONObject text must begin with '{' at 1 [character 2 line 1]
org.json.JSONException: /home/whitestar60/Downloads/Starsector Mod Test/./mods/Asteroid ship pack 1.4b/mod_info.json
A JSONObject text must begin with '{' at 1 [character 2 line 1]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.return(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.loadModSpec(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.access$1(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager$1.accept(Unknown Source)
   at java.io.File.listFiles(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.updateList(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLModPickerV2.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher.showModsDialog(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o0O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.W.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2023, 09:21:44 AM »

Can you upload the mod_info file somewhere and link it here? The included file does have some inconsistent indentation, something might've broken further while editing that.

Whitestar60

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2023, 09:34:49 AM »

Can you upload the mod_info file somewhere and link it here? The included file does have some inconsistent indentation, something might've broken further while editing that.

Absolutely, hope this helps.

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2023, 01:56:20 AM »

Absolutely, hope this helps.

Sorry for the late reply, apparently the forums never notified me. Here's your issue, most likely:

Something seems to have corrupted the start of the file. The proper JSON data is still there, but there's a huge block of null characters right before. You can view these yourself by using a text editor that can show symbols, it's usually an option somewhere. Your file's also got a different encoding (ANSI, original is UTF-8), but not sure if that'd break it.

Try the file below, see if that does the trick. (it's a copy of the original)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8