Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: [0.97a] The Asteroid ship pack 1.4d  (Read 162828 times)

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] The Asteroid ship pack 1.3c
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2021, 06:54:22 AM »

If I knew how to change ship sensor signatures I would have done it ages ago.

Can't you just make it a built in hullmod that reduces sensor profile ?

liam556

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] The Asteroid ship pack 1.3c
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2021, 04:49:17 PM »

Update 1.3d

All ships now have Insulated Engine Assembly as a built-in hullmod.

https://github.com/Liam5563/astroidships-pack/blob/master/Asteroid%20ship%20pack%201.3d.rar?raw=true
Savegame compatible

Spoiler
lol, why didn't I think of this before.
[close]
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 04:57:54 PM by liam556 »

Null Ganymede

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] The Asteroid ship pack 1.3d
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2021, 12:58:45 AM »

Ships have a cool aesthetic but are way out of balance. Too much weapon mounts, mobility, flux, speed, omni shields, etc etc etc.

Ed: best way I can describe it is the ships look low-tech, but their actual stats are high-tech with low-tech's full ballistic mounts and damage subsystems, and mid-tech's mobility.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 01:10:04 AM by Null Ganymede »

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2021, 12:02:43 PM »

Ships have a cool aesthetic but are way out of balance. Too much weapon mounts, mobility, flux, speed, omni shields, etc etc etc.

Ed: best way I can describe it is the ships look low-tech, but their actual stats are high-tech with low-tech's full ballistic mounts and damage subsystems, and mid-tech's mobility.

Dunno, they seem to have kinda crappy armor and hull, so there is some balance.  But I haven't run any sims to generate statistical data, so maybe I'm just incorrectly relying on anecdotal evidence.  Still would be cool for like the ships in the mod to have their engines flame out more often in battle to balance adding insulated engines, or some other kinda cool balancing for what is mostly a rather interesting addition to the game (ie, a lack of asteroid ships in the vanilla game does seem a kinda obvious oversight, even if it would sorta kinda conflict with some of the game's lore regarding ship production and DRM).
I wasn't always a Judge...

liam556

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2021, 02:20:01 PM »

Dunno, they seem to have kinda crappy armor and hull, so there is some balance.  But I haven't run any sims to generate statistical data, so maybe I'm just incorrectly relying on anecdotal evidence.  Still would be cool for like the ships in the mod to have their engines flame out more often in battle to balance adding insulated engines, or some other kinda cool balancing for what is mostly a rather interesting addition to the game (ie, a lack of asteroid ships in the vanilla game does seem a kinda obvious oversight, even if it would sorta kinda conflict with some of the game's lore regarding ship production and DRM).
I wonder if a fun Easter Egg would be to give mining weapons bonus damage against them.

Cause, you know, rocks and all.  ;D

ltyd0619

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] The Asteroid ship pack 1.3e
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2021, 05:03:12 AM »

The Rugged Construction hull mod added in 0.95.1 sounds fitting for asteroid ship, do you think it's a good idea to have it build-in instead of Insulated Engine Assembly?

liam556

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2021, 01:44:33 PM »

I have not been playing starsector a lot recently and was not aware of this hull mod. I'll take a look.

*edit* I had a look. I'm not going to replace the built-in hull mod with Rugged Construction.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 03:45:56 PM by liam556 »

ltyd0619

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2021, 05:17:06 PM »

I have not been playing starsector a lot recently and was not aware of this hull mod. I'll take a look.

*edit* I had a look. I'm not going to replace the built-in hull mod with Rugged Construction.

Okay, still one of my “must-have” mod. The ships just feel so vanilla and fitting.

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2022, 09:54:49 AM »

I've yet to see a Pirate fleet with a Pebble.  Is it super rare?

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2022, 10:08:38 AM »

I've only seen it drop for pirate fleets with super high bounties (but still rarely), I think pirates just rarely field it 'cuz ship type/possibility per faction fleet is at least partially determined by the faction's access to a decent shipyard (but once hidden bounty stat is high enough, this at least partially overrides normal fleet comp determination).  Seriously, sell the pirates a corrupted nano forge on the open market where their shipyard is, makes game much more interesting (if you can find one these days, rare item pool inflation a very real thing these days!).  It might also transfer over if you sell it on black market anywhere, but that is kinda a crapshoot, so usually easier to just sell it on the open market of the colony you want to see the item used on.
I wasn't always a Judge...

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2022, 04:27:42 PM »

I've only seen it drop for pirate fleets with super high bounties (but still rarely), I think pirates just rarely field it 'cuz ship type/possibility per faction fleet is at least partially determined by the faction's access to a decent shipyard (but once hidden bounty stat is high enough, this at least partially overrides normal fleet comp determination).  Seriously, sell the pirates a corrupted nano forge on the open market where their shipyard is, makes game much more interesting (if you can find one these days, rare item pool inflation a very real thing these days!).  It might also transfer over if you sell it on black market anywhere, but that is kinda a crapshoot, so usually easier to just sell it on the open market of the colony you want to see the item used on.

interesting, I might have to try that for a late game challenge

Just encountered a Pebble after I posted in a Level 3 Vengeance fleet from the Pirates!

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2022, 11:05:16 AM »

I noticed the support destroyer galileo isn't counted when you click "deploy all"

liam556

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2022, 07:12:08 PM »

Update 1.4
https://github.com/Liam5563/astroidships-pack/blob/master/Asteroid%20ship%20pack%201.4.rar?raw=true

Should be save compatible but I don't know

This mod should still compatible with Industrial Evolution.
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=18011.0

New ships? In my Asteroid ship mod? It's more likely than you think.
Yes that's right, after a couple months learning how to sprite(and only just starting to get good at it now) we finally have some new ships to mess around with and that are hopefully not to broken(OP). They are:

The Mentis
A simple and cheap carrier designed with the basic idea of allowing the pirates to field a carrier without having to use either the Condor or the Colossus MKIII, both of which are converted ships whereas the Mentis is more purpose built for the role, although there is still many a debate within pirate circles weather the Mentis's cheaper cost is worth not having the Condors missile mount.

The Kari
So what happens to the shipping containers of a Atlas when it gets converted to a MKII? Well, you get the Kari. Nothing more than some containers strapped to some engines and a forward gun platform made of asteroids this ship is an okay addition to any fleet that wishes have a fairly cheap Combat Freighter as part of their defence force against Pirates or any other hostiles while traveling through the sector.

The Pasithee
A Combat Tanker that is literally just a section of a large asteroid connected to the the side of a Phaeton. This ship, while not very combat effective does at least allow a fleet wielding it to take their tanker into combat to defend itself instead of the usual case of having to flee with the rest of the civilian ships.

And the Fenrir
A newly created Capital Ship that exists for the Pirates to try and have a Battle Carrier for themselves. unfortunately due the space taken up by the fighter bays and the fuel tanks this ship is incapable of housing a decent complement of aircraft and weapons without sacrificing flux and/or hull modifications. Nonetheless this ship is still a very capable warship and should not be taken lightly by anyone facing it.

I do intend to remake the sprites as time goes on but for now this is what you get.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 10:10:16 PM by liam556 »

NGTM-1R

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2022, 09:26:40 PM »

I noticed the support destroyer galileo isn't counted when you click "deploy all"

The Galileo uses a merchie AI from what I can tell. It's very reluctant to fight and it uses merchant ship quotes in Combat Chatter.

I'm quite fond of this mod and it may have just been fixed, I'll report back.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8