Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: [0.96a] Nijigen Extend v.0.3.2 || Standalone Pack || Update 02/28 [YREX]  (Read 77626 times)

jlrperkins

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Any idea as to when this mod will be made compatible with 0.95?

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Hi, as I have announced in the YRXP thread, I'm currently not working on my mods at the moment, but will do this one right after YRXP when I do come back. That said, I have worked on it a bit before stopping and for instance, I've already done this suggestion below.

Could you please add a setting option to remove that asteroid miner ship? I personally don't like it and don't want to use it or see it among pirate ships.
The Lithovore will only be available for purchase in the special markets made available by this mod (same place you get the forge ship hullmods) and no other faction.

PainProjection

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Sup man, i currently building my modpack, seems like this mode one of the last ones i needed because i think what antimatter centrifuge is mandatory for super capitals from Missing Ships mod (like ragnarok). I understand what when mods applied to existing save file it will not spawn new markets and i assume what it won't change existing ones as well (like Argeus). But still, i could probably just add those hullmods to my inventory via console commands. So, is it gonna be safe to add this mod mid playthrough?

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Sup man, i currently building my modpack, seems like this mode one of the last ones i needed because i think what antimatter centrifuge is mandatory for super capitals from Missing Ships mod (like ragnarok). I understand what when mods applied to existing save file it will not spawn new markets and i assume what it won't change existing ones as well (like Argeus). But still, i could probably just add those hullmods to my inventory via console commands. So, is it gonna be safe to add this mod mid playthrough?
Hmm, generally it's not a good idea, but since this mod doesn't add a full faction, maybe it's the "safest" among all my mods? What you can do is make a save copy of your current game just in case, install this mod, and see how it goes!

#Negi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nijigen Extend v.0.3.0 || Expansion Pack || Update 06/12 [YREX]
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2021, 08:20:50 AM »

First off; good mod.  Second; I took the 0.9.1a version of this mod and I edited it's version number so that the 0.9.5a game would accept it, I didn't change anything else.  So far I haven't had any problems with the mod not working, I found one balance issue where you can add the hullmods Forge Ship, and your preferred forge, then build-in that forge, and finally remove Forge Ship which holds the penalties, while keeping the forge which only has bonuses.  That's not the biggest issue, it seems you can still use this mod in the interim. 

#Negi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2021, 08:22:15 AM »

I've tested this, I've updated the version number so 0.95 will accept it, and I haven't seen any problems yet, you may just do the same. 

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2021, 02:37:56 PM »

First off; good mod.  Second; I took the 0.9.1a version of this mod and I edited it's version number so that the 0.9.5a game would accept it, I didn't change anything else...
Wow, that's really nice! If it's alright with you, can you post it in this thread so people can try the mod in 0.9.5a? Not really sure when I can come back to update it myself. I will give you proper credit for doing so!

found one balance issue where you can add the hullmods Forge Ship, and your preferred forge, then build-in that forge, and finally remove Forge Ship which holds the penalties, while keeping the forge which only has bonuses.  That's not the biggest issue, it seems you can still use this mod in the interim. 
Ah, I didn't think of that! I wonder if it's possible to set a hullmod to be non-built-inable...

ZeCaptain

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2021, 03:50:17 PM »

You can set hullmods to be non-inbuildable. You should stop by the unoffical starsector discord and ask questions.

#Negi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2021, 06:01:33 PM »

First off; good mod.  Second; I took the 0.9.1a version of this mod and I edited it's version number so that the 0.9.5a game would accept it, I didn't change anything else...
Wow, that's really nice! If it's alright with you, can you post it in this thread so people can try the mod in 0.9.5a? Not really sure when I can come back to update it myself. I will give you proper credit for doing so!

found one balance issue where you can add the hullmods Forge Ship, and your preferred forge, then build-in that forge, and finally remove Forge Ship which holds the penalties, while keeping the forge which only has bonuses.  That's not the biggest issue, it seems you can still use this mod in the interim. 
Ah, I didn't think of that! I wonder if it's possible to set a hullmod to be non-built-inable...

I didn't really do anything, I don't need credit, I'm not a modder, I just wanted to use the mod and saw no changes in the update's change log that might break this mod so I gave it a test.  All I did was open up the mod folder (YREX), open mod_info.json, changed the version number in the quotation marks, started the game, enabled the mod, and started playing. 

I assume Forge Ship is a separate docked hullmod is so you can change the forge mid space (at the cost of supplies, recovering CR) but you can't remove the forge in mid space to get your cargo capacity back.  I also note that you can 'turn it off' by removing the forge hullmod in the refit screen, so it's not eating up the volatiles you need for neutrino detector anymore.  If that's not the reason for the separate Forge Ship hullmod, then the fix would be as simple as disabling the Forge Ship hullmod, and adding the -75% cargo to each forge individually. 

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2021, 06:13:29 PM »

I didn't really do anything, I don't need credit, I'm not a modder, I just wanted to use the mod and saw no changes in the update's change log that might break this mod so I gave it a test.  All I did was open up the mod folder (YREX), open mod_info.json, changed the version number in the quotation marks, started the game, enabled the mod, and started playing. 

I assume Forge Ship is a separate docked hullmod is so you can change the forge mid space (at the cost of supplies, recovering CR) but you can't remove the forge in mid space to get your cargo capacity back.  I also note that you can 'turn it off' by removing the forge hullmod in the refit screen, so it's not eating up the volatiles you need for neutrino detector anymore.  If that's not the reason for the separate Forge Ship hullmod, then the fix would be as simple as disabling the Forge Ship hullmod, and adding the -75% cargo to each forge individually.

Thank you for trying this out, I was afraid I would have to get into a new campaign without it.

#Negi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2021, 06:38:20 PM »

Thank you for trying this out, I was afraid I would have to get into a new campaign without it.
[/quote]

Well, be afraid: I'm doing more playtesting, and all the added weapons cause crashes when their scripts would trigger (when the missiles impact, or when the batteries would vent flux, or repairs heal armor, or armories restore ammo).  They're all broken and crash to desktop.  I'd never used the weapons before, so I didn't see that sooner.

Ontheheavens

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2021, 06:24:52 AM »

Hi. First off, thanks for your great mod!

I am making something like of a separate fork of your forge hullmods feature, and wanted to ask if I could post it here on forums, if that's okay with you. Any kind of credit you want would be yours, of course.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2021, 01:18:18 PM »

I am making something like of a separate fork of your forge hullmods feature, and wanted to ask if I could post it here on forums, if that's okay with you. Any kind of credit you want would be yours, of course.
Ah, of course! Please feel free to post forks or updates of my mods! The only thing I might ask is that you also provide the source to the fork so that uh... maybe I might take a look one day and fish out some good stuff~  ;D

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 26, 2022, 07:35:09 AM »

Ah, of course! Please feel free to post forks or updates of my mods! The only thing I might ask is that you also provide the source to the fork so that uh... maybe I might take a look one day and fish out some good stuff~  ;D
In a somewhat similar vein, I had a look through the weapon effects that are crashing, and it seems that it's due to on-hit being changed to
Code
onHit(DamagingProjectileAPI projectile, CombatEntityAPI target, Vector2f point, boolean shieldHit, ApplyDamageResultAPI damageResult, CombatEngineAPI engine)
(Note the addition of "ApplyDamageResultAPI damageResult" second from last.)

The only other issue my IED is throwing is "Type mismatch: cannot convert from int[][] to intJava(16777233)" for the Engineering Bay FX, which I sadly don't know how to resolve.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2022, 06:20:15 PM »

In a somewhat similar vein...
Ah, actually, I had updated YREX for the new version when I was last working on YRXP, so I might as well upload it. There's nothing new in it but compatibility with 0.95.1.

Here you go: Download

EDIT: I was wrong, there are actually some changes in this version; mostly bugfixes, but also a new industry icon for the Privateer Haven by Mayu!

Privateer Haven by Mayu
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 07:05:34 PM by creature »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8