Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: All my games die the same way.  (Read 1002 times)

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
All my games die the same way.
« on: January 30, 2020, 03:16:58 PM »

Everything will run fine for about 4-5 years in game time, then suddenly it will start stuttering - pausing for 1 second out of 5.  Any attempt to save and reload causes this to happen:

I've lost over eight rather long campaigns to this so far.  I'm about ready to just give up playing altogether.

:'(

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: All my games die the same way.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 03:37:08 PM »

That error says there's something wrong with line 248138 of your save file (which is just a text file that you can read with notepad or, preferably, notepad++). It reminds me of this issue: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17673.msg278129#msg278129
Are you using an old version of Archean Order by any chance? If not, would you mind attaching Starsector/mods/enabled_mods.json to a post? I think older versions of starship legends might have caused something similar at one point as well.

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 03:57:47 PM »

Yes, it could be an issue with the Exile variants' name id. It is fixable, however, so should this be the case I can troubleshoot from there. Upload the saves and I'll do what I can.

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 12:19:24 AM »

That error says there's something wrong with line 248138 of your save file (which is just a text file that you can read with notepad or, preferably, notepad++)

Code
<savedVariant z="103553" hId="exile" v="0" c="0" hVId="exile_Standard" vDN="Assault" s="REFIT" mAAW="true" gV="true">

Mean anything?

Update: Erased that line and it worked.  Not sure how, but yay!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 01:22:17 AM by NephilimNexus »

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 01:22:42 AM »

Code
<savedVariant z="103553" hId="exile" v="0" c="0" hVId="exile_Standard" vDN="Assault" s="REFIT" mAAW="true" gV="true">
Mean anything?

There is a hidden character in front of the "Assault" variant name of the Exile-class Light Carrier's "Assault" variant. Apologies for not catching it sooner. I'm not sure how it got there in the first place, if I'm honest, but, do you see the "square"([]) before "Assault" in the name? Remove that character and the save should be functional. I'm sorry for the trouble this may have caused you.

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 01:25:52 AM »

No problem, I went back and noticed that there was an update that I missed and that was the real issue.  Did the update, now works fine, no crash, no corrupt and best of all no stuttering.  Yay!   :D