Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Polaris Prime v0.25 EN Edition  (Read 146232 times)

Iriscoral

• Lieutenant
  • Defiance against the violent enigma
    • View Profile
[0.95.1a] Polaris Prime v0.25 EN Edition
« on: January 28, 2020, 05:58:10 PM »

~{Polaris Prime}~

Download v0.3.2 for 0.9.5a

Requires LazyLib, GraphicLib, MagicLib
Integrated with Nexerelin, Version Checker, Commissioned Crews

Summary/Lore:

Polaris, full name Polaris Prime, refers to an hitherto unknown faction that suddenly appeared at the tail end of the Second AI War. Legends say that they come from outside the sector utilizing some sort of unique trans-warp device, equipped with ships that boast unique capabilities...but little else of them is known...

- Polaris ships boast dense armor protection and excellent flux dissipation, at the cost of low speed and poor flux capacity.
- Polaris ships can be equipped with a plethora of unique hullmods that greatly improve the power of the entire fleet as a whole.
- Polaris does not bring a wide range of unique weapons, but their ships synergize especially well with the local weapons of the sector.

Graphics
Spoiler
A sample of Polaris offerings...
[close]

Changelog:
Spoiler
2022.5.7 0.25
Weapons:
Interferometer Series
Polar/Magnatar Series Missiles
Crystal Culverin

Hullmods:
Polaris Node Lock

Others:
Support for UNGP
Various Balances and Changes
Akademia updates for new Skill System

2020.8.15 0.24 RC-2
- Fixed the various CTD errors that were caused by the Polaris CCrew hullmods.

2020.8.15 0.24 RC-1
-Ships
New wing Occultation-Class
New wing Moon Phase-Class
New ship Magnitude-Class
Reworked sprite for Meridian-Class

Adjusted Price, slots, flux, armor, hitpoints, shield, speed, maneuve, max op and etc for most ships(now more rely on armor rather than shield)
**Heavly nerfed Spectrum-Class and C.O.S.-Class**

Comet Tail-Class wing lost shield, op cost reduced to 8 from 11
Perturbation-Class wing lost shield, weapon adjusted
Redshift/Blueshift wing weapon adjusted, generates more flux on use
Meteoroid-Class shipsystem changed to Polar Accelerator from Plasma Jets
Spectrum-Class shipsystem changed to Polar Accelerator from Plasma Jets
C.O.S.-Class shipsystem changed to Striker Drone from Nodal Regulator Feeds

-Weapons
New weapon Crystal Shard AC
New weapon Crystal Shard Flak
New weapon Microwave Particle Rifle
New weapon Polarized Particle Rifle
New weapon Inverted Particle Rifle
Charge Generator/Exciter/Projector Emp reduced to 0
Impluse-Class Torpedo(s) increased range and max ammo
Heavy Tracking System DPH/FPH reduced to 200 from 210

-Hullmod
New hullmod Celestial Magnetic Dampers
Cluster Modulator reduced op cost, effect will no longer decay if ships are too close
Astral Link largely adjusted
Scintillator Supercharger largely adjusted
Starlight Focusing System largely adjusted
Celestial Core Protocol largely adjusted
CC hullmod largely adjusted

-Shipsystem
Nodal Regulator Feeds largely adjusted
Polar Accelerator largely adjusted
Timestream Disruptor duration reduced to 3 from 5

-Other
String tweaks
Variant tweaks
Mission tweaks
New sound effects
New musics
Modified venting AI for Polaris ships(optional in PLSP_SETTING.ini)
North Celestial Akademia bug fixes
North Celestial Akademia new feature to explore(?)

0.23 RC-2
- Bugfixes
- Translation cleanups a little

0.23 RC-1
- New unique structure for Polaris - the North Star Akademia, where Polaris-friendly Admirals can send their officers for training.
- New ship - Axis-Class Battlecruiser
- New series of point defense weapons
- Changes to commission bonus, now lined up with CN's
- Sound and texture updates
- Mission text has been translated
- various formatting/translation fixes.

0.22 Forum Release
- Cleaned up many translated descriptions, to make them sound better and read better in English.
- Fixed various formatting errors in translations.
- Added Version Checker support
- Added two Commissioned Crew hullmods: Polaris Noospheric Architects/Polaris Command Staff
-- Note: Commissioned Crew support does not exist in CN.
[close]

Credits:

• Project Lead/Designer: AnyIDElse
  • Texture Assist: A_PIAO_JUN
  • Text Guidance: saya39, FAX
  • Technical Support: Originem, Deathfly
  • Spiritual Support: Tenshi
  • Translations/Additional Code: Iriscoral

I'm able to entertain bugfixes and crashes, but anything regarding the overall design of the mod will have to be forwarded by me back to the CN community.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 09:29:25 AM by Iriscoral »
Translator and (wannabe) game dev.
Currently curates the CN mod repo.

Mods maintained:
Polaris
ICE
FSF
Traverser

Fire turtle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Polaris Prime EN Edition v0.1.0 - Stable Forum Release
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 09:09:37 PM »

The art content of this mod is quite excellent, the unique hull is impressive and has caused a lot of discussion in the CN community
By the way, Tenshi is this mod is spiritual leader ;)

KCR

• Lieutenant
  • If it's not fun, why bother?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 03:13:19 AM »

Oh, looks very interesting. Definitely gonna add this mod to my next playthrough!

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 12:10:21 PM »

wow commissioned crew support
i like very good

auhamas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 12:39:36 PM »

seems cool always up to new factions and stuff but i wonder how balanced the ships/guns will be.

before anyone shouts me down just keep in mind if a specific faction is too strong it kinda pushes people away from using other faction ships

Nym

• Ensign
  • Clearly Organic Life Form
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 08:19:55 PM »

Loving the tech based focus on the faction, should fit right in anyone who would like more sci-fi in their sci-fi!
My Ancestors were Toasters.

KCR

• Lieutenant
  • If it's not fun, why bother?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 04:34:19 AM »

seems cool always up to new factions and stuff but i wonder how balanced the ships/guns will be.

before anyone shouts me down just keep in mind if a specific faction is too strong it kinda pushes people away from using other faction ships
Well, i think it's not always as you say. I personally try more roleplay, rather than just see what ship has more high numbers. For example, there is a ship in Tyrador Safeguard Coalition mod, Halberd if i'm remembering well. So, if i have a playthrough with this mod enabled, i'm starting to farm/find it and when i actually find it, i just play on it for the entire playthrough. Because for me it's just a perfect match between capabilities, visuals and outcomes. And to be fair it's pretty balanced, there was a lot of time where i was shred into pieces by different fleets/ships. I just like the way it plays and the way it looks, like a perfect flagship for me.

Hope this mod will also bring something enjoyable to play with. Just by images i can say that it's gonna be an interesting experience.

HyperNova

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2020, 12:43:12 AM »

How do you guys like this faction so far?

Gezzaman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2020, 02:57:48 PM »

I'm loving the design of this mod and the weapon types. But there's something about the Horizon ( i love the look) that annoys me. It moves snail paced already compared to other carriers but it also loves running away from anything unless you directly order it to attack that target specifically. Even then it loves to hang around max range so most weapons fitted are out of range except for its missiles. 

Iriscoral

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2020, 03:23:34 PM »

I'm loving the design of this mod and the weapon types. But there's something about the Horizon ( i love the look) that annoys me. It moves snail paced already compared to other carriers but it also loves running away from anything unless you directly order it to attack that target specifically. Even then it loves to hang around max range so most weapons fitted are out of range except for its missiles.

Hi there! Nice to hear that you enjoying it.

A word about the Horizon - yeah, despite what the mounts say, the thing is a carrier first and foremost, so its going to do its best staying out of range of enemies (which is pretty important because of how its shipsystem and the Astral Linker hullmod works) and instead focus on fire support. How about I suggest taking the Astral Linker hullmod and clear out its mounts save for missiles and PD, and use it to supplement your fleet's fire support and PD? It would certainly fit its role more.

In fact, a word about the Chinese faction mods (including ApproLight): they are designed to balance around completely different styles to our typical EN mods. One big thing you may notice that both fleets have a few ships a lot of redundant turret mounts with weird arcs, which is important because you are recommended to free up some of them for more useful hullmods or other weapons. Do try it out.

Mods maintained:
Polaris
ICE
FSF
Traverser

Gezzaman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 01:27:17 PM »

Yes i noticed there's too many mounts and i kept thinking you must somehow put the most efficient weapons on to maximize mount usage.  :o

Dont change the horizon yet. ill play around with it and the other Polaris ships more then give you more feedback.

Shuka

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2020, 08:29:35 AM »

In fact, a word about the Chinese faction mods (including ApproLight): they are designed to balance around completely different styles to our typical EN mods. One big thing you may notice that both fleets have a few ships a lot of redundant turret mounts with weird arcs, which is important because you are recommended to free up some of them for more useful hullmods or other weapons. Do try it out.

Thanks for the tip, took me a long time to get more comfortable with concepts like this. Like the other poster its usually very efficient weapons especially on AI ships. It sounds simple but I would fit every ship like it had to cover all bases, and took a long time to make fleets that were more specialized.  And despite this I was in love with energy weapons and couldn't be bothered to make ballistics work, and now god knows how many years later ballistics is my meat and potatoes and energy used for specific purposes.

And the talent for 10% more ordnance points, I haven't used it in probably 5 years but used to consider it mandatory.   
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 08:32:36 AM by Shuka »

FrackaMir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2020, 04:34:06 AM »

One thing is, would using the Chinese Mods work on the English Starsector? and the other is would they be friendly with our EN version of faction mods.

Those mods playstyle do sound interesting, although considering the next update Alex would put out which involves integrating Mods permanently with I think 0 cost with Story Points may make those ships a tad bit more weaponized, perhaps

That and perhaps running most of the chinese faction mods with the EN ones may push the RAM requirements even further, and the VRAM

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2020, 05:58:08 AM »

That sounds like a weird and convoluted way to give a ship too much OP while still trying to technically claim it adheres to vanilla balance mechanics when it really doesn't.

Iriscoral

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a] Polaris Prime v0.23 (RC-1) EN Edition - Rise of the Akademia
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2020, 07:09:44 AM »

https://github.com/Scarlet-MagicianX26/Polaris_Prime_EN/raw/master/Polaris_Prime%200.23%20(RC-1).7z

0.23 Update. Probably not save-compatible. Update at own discretion.

Changelog
Major additions in bold.

- New unique structure for Polaris - the North Star Akademia, where Polaris-friendly Admirals can send their officers for training.
- New ship - Axis-Class Battlecruiser
- New series of point defense weapons

- Changes to commission bonus
- Sound and texture updates
- Mission text has been translated
- various formatting/translation fixes.
[close]
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 09:12:11 AM by Scarlet-MagicianX26 »

Mods maintained:
Polaris