Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: My game keeps crashing when I edit my doctrine or a planet  (Read 1366 times)

GlassesPerson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
My game keeps crashing when I edit my doctrine or a planet
« on: January 26, 2020, 03:55:16 PM »

I have the game for sometime now I've been playing on vanilla and started using mods and now the game is just crashing a lot when ever I do something to my doctrine or a planet is this mod related or something else?

I really like the game and would love to keep playing it.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: My game keeps crashing when I edit my doctrine or a planet
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 04:43:10 PM »

Hi - yeah, this sounds mod-related. If you can post your mod list and the error from the end of starsector.log when it crashes, that might be enough to figure out what exactly is causing it.

GlassesPerson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 06:47:59 PM »

Here they are I hope It's not a because of the number of mods

The logs is 50,001kb where do I upload it??

[attachment deleted by admin]

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 09:24:48 PM »

The logs is 50,001kb where do I upload it??

You don't need the whole log, just open it up in Notepad (or another plain text editor) and copy the last few dozen lines. Towards the end there should be a big "ERROR" notation followed by a series of "at ..." lines, basically grab all of that bit.

GlassesPerson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 01:40:10 AM »

6626 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Weapon spec [target_painter] not found in weapon_data.csv
6626 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Weapon spec [yrxp_DECO_ma_upper_arm_right] not found in weapon_data.csv
6626 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Weapon spec [vayra_mrm_fighter] not found in weapon_data.csv
6626 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Weapon spec [neutrino_upperlevel_schweine] not found in weapon_data.csv
6626 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Weapon spec [yrxp_DECO_ma_upper_arm_left] not found in weapon_data.csv
6626 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Weapon spec [neutrino_phasedarray] not found in weapon_data.csv
6626 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Weapon spec [yrxp_srm_37] not found in weapon_data.csv
6628 [Thread-4] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Error figuring out MIRV spec details
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.ÒO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
7820 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader  - Applying data from ship_data.csv to [remnant_hangar1]
7820 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader  - Ship hull spec [module_hightech_decor] not found in ship_data.csv
7820 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader  - Ship hull spec [flare] not found in ship_data.csv
7826 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader  - Loading hull skin [data\hulls\skins\brdy_gonodactylus_p.skin]
7826 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [DIRECTORY: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Blackrock Drive Yards (data\hulls\skins\brdy_gonodactylus_p.skin)]
32849 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
   at sun.misc.Unsafe.allocateMemory(Native Method)
   at java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(Unknown Source)
   at org.lwjgl.BufferUtils.createByteBuffer(BufferUtils.java:60)
   at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.OooO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.loadTexture(Unknown Source)
   at org.dark.shaders.ShaderModPlugin.onApplicationLoad(ShaderModPlugin.java:157)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Does this help??

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 09:13:44 PM »

... That's from one crash log? :o That's an NullPointer and an OutOfMemory error. Something fishy's going on here.

It looks like there's a bunch of weapons the game is looking for and unable to find, which is odd because they're all for mods you have in that list. The NPE is basically saying something is pointing a script to an empty value and it doesn't know how to handle that. The last thing before the NPE though, is something about an MIRV spec, so could be an MIRV weapon that's causing the actual crash. The OOM error though? I have no idea. Could be related, could be a coincidence. There doesn't seem to be a reasonable trigger for it - I don't know how trying to load the Gonodactylus (P) skin file would cause a memory leak, unless something bugged out when you downloaded the mod. ??? Extra weird.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 09:18:58 PM by AxleMC131 »

GlassesPerson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 01:12:05 AM »

Should I delete all of my mods and re-download all of them again?
or reinstall the game?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2020, 08:31:18 AM »

Just real quick: I'd suggest checking out this thread. In particular, you want to make sure that you've changed vmparams to allocate enough memory for the mods you're running.

It also sounds like at least one of the mods you're using hasn't been properly updated for the latest version of the game (and is causing the "Error figuring out MIRV spec details" error...)