Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [0.96a] Battlestar Galactica Revived 0.97 "The Remove Ships From ... Update"  (Read 21063 times)

ebolamorph

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Battlestar Galactica Revived 0.90 "The Return of the King Update"
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2022, 03:35:31 AM »

I cant wait to play this brautiful mod again. Out of curiosity, willships in the background of battlestar galactica be added? Like the firefly?

ebolamorph

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2022, 04:42:53 AM »

Out of curiosity,  will you make it so the cylons sre friendly with the remnants, since theyre both factions of ai?

ebolamorph

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2022, 04:34:29 PM »

Hi, signed up to say. The hydra tanker replaces 60-80% of ships in the npc bounty fleets and is present in almost every fleet of the game. I have 90+ mods and he replaced all.

Hey, thanks for the feedback. Didn't notice that before but the ships are too present in general, I'll tune the numbers down a bit with the next update! ^^

Ive noticed that every fleet out there is using either cylon or colonial vessels. Its to the point where im not findong ships from pther mods in other fleets

OldPayphone

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I get an error when trying to use this mod:

Fatal: Error Loading [data.scripts.world.BSGen]
Cause: File 'data/scripts/world/BSGen.java' Line 39, Column 38:
Imported class "exerelin.campaign.SectorManager" could not be loaded

OldPayphone

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I get an error when trying to use this mod:

Fatal: Error Loading [data.scripts.world.BSGen]
Cause: File 'data/scripts/world/BSGen.java' Line 39, Column 38:
Imported class "exerelin.campaign.SectorManager" could not be loaded
Nevermind, I found out that it is dependent on the Nexerelin mod. Wish that was said on the front page/mod description. With that, is there a way to remove the requirement of having to receive a commission just to buy ships and weapons? Out of all the faction mods, this is the only one that does this and it's fairly annoying. Forcing us to align with the colonies completely really forces us to play the game one way just to use these ships.

slamminabw

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hi, signed up to say. The hydra tanker replaces 60-80% of ships in the npc bounty fleets and is present in almost every fleet of the game. I have 90+ mods and he replaced all.

Hey, thanks for the feedback. Didn't notice that before but the ships are too present in general, I'll tune the numbers down a bit with the next update! ^^

Ive noticed that every fleet out there is using either cylon or colonial vessels. Its to the point where im not findong ships from pther mods in other fleets

The mod is intentionally setup that way. I'm not sure how comfortable you are with modding, but it is an easy fix to get everyone using vanilla again.

slamminabw

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey fellow BSG fans!

I'm a "stealth" modder in the sense that I typically only mod for myself. However, I know how time crunching modding can be, and given the slow process with this BSG mod I thought I'd post and touch base with the community. My altered version of this mod is NOT available anywhere and will not be posted anywhere until I get permission from the author or the author goes silent for no less than six months. Sorry folks, but don't even ask. I'm not interested in getting into any mod drama and want to respect the work that has been put into the mod so far.

That being said, here is what I've done so far.

-Balanced all weapons in alignment with vanilla.
-Removed fighter weapons from being present in markets.
-Reduced availability of Cylon weapons,wings, and ships unless commissioned.
-Staggered availability of Colonial weaponry, wings, and ship.
-Made some Colonial equipment available for mercenaries.
-Added nuclear and sweeper Raptor wings.
-Adjusted values between Cylon and Colonial wings for greater distinction.
-Added ship equipment and hullmods to wings as appropriate.
-Fine tuned all wing behavior and roles to mimic lore.
-Balanced all wings to vanilla.
-Removed default BSG asset usage by vanilla factions.
-Adjusted BSG lore in descriptions regarding lasers and shielding to align with a more logical timeline (lasers coming after guns rather than before) for non-BSG nerds.

To-Do:

-Balance ships to vanilla.
-Add ship equipment and hullmods to ships as appropriate.
-Fine tune Cylon diplomacy to ensure hostility towards all organic factions.
-Fine tune Colonial diplomacy to ensure hostility towards all non-organic factions.
-Fine tune fleet composition for Colonials and Cylons
-General polish of descriptions and contrast between the original series assets and reimagined series assets.

Happy to share my files with the mod author!

Irvokatti

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey fellow BSG fans!...

...Happy to share my files with the mod author!

This is really good news! I hope and wish that this gets a go ahead. I really like the BSG mod, but most annoying part was that other factions used so many BSG ships in their fleets. Can't wait to play this mod again!

slamminabw

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Completed:

-Created a "Micro Tylium Warhead" with reduced yield for the nuclear Raptor variant (No new animation or sprite. Sorry folks, not my wheelhouse).
-Adjusted BSG lore in descriptions regarding lasers and shielding to align with a more logical timeline (lasers coming after guns rather than before) for non-BSG nerds.
-Commissioned Crews integration: Colonial Ballistic Expertise (increased ballistic damage) and Cylon Automated Efficiency (reduced supply consumption).
-Added ship equipment for all ships based on ship role and lore.
-Added the Civilian-Grade Hull mod for all civilian/non-combat ships.

To-Do:

-Add hullmods to ships as appropriate.
-Fine tune Colonial diplomacy to ensure hostility towards all non-organic factions.
-General polish of descriptions and contrast between the original series assets and reimagined series assets.
-Tune weapon balance closer to vanilla, rather than personal preference, if mod author approves release.
-Balance OP and credit values across the board and tinker with general economic balance within the mod.

Razor98566

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Battlestar Galactica Revived 0.95 "The Siege Update"
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2023, 12:14:26 PM »

Hello guys,

sorry for the long silence, some private things distracted me big time (mostly work, yikes!) but I got around to add a few things I wanted to do for some time now.

The changelog is on github linked in the OP but in short:
Two playable fighters have been added (the Taipan Heavy Fighter for the Colonies and the Vespid Heavy Bomber for the Cylons, both with built-in weapons so no custom loadout might change that if demand is there).
Added two new weapons, Colonial Siege Artillery and Cylon Nuclear MIRV Launcher. Those two give both factions some better siege ability against star bases and I wanted to do some MIRVs so that was a good opportunity for that.

@slamminabw I am honored that you did those things to the mod honestly!  :D
Shoot me a DM if you want so we can talk about it.  Esp. balancing and the rats tail that comes along with it was always the department where I'm most unsure about what to do.
But in general: if you (that goes for everybody) wanna do something with the mod just do it I don't care ^_^
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 02:30:14 PM by Razor98566 »
Check out my mods!

slamminabw

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2023, 07:31:00 PM »

Hey everyone! I've reached out to Razor and we will keep you posted moving forward. Not sure if we're going to merge, have two separate versions, or what. Stay tuned though! All good vibes and energy.

A quick note about balance...it is subjective. I've done my best to get everything out of the smash-all power fantasy and aligned with vanilla while remaining lore friendly. Expect magazines for ballistic weapons, inferior missiles for Colonials, inferior ballistics for Cylons, etc. Whether it is a merged mod or separate version I'm expecting some negative feedback, but please remember we're talking about something subjective in a game we love. I'm open to feedback, just don't be a butt about it, ya know?

Completed:

-Tune weapon balance closer to vanilla, rather than personal preference, if mod author approves release.
-Created a "Micro Tylium Warhead" with reduced yield for the nuclear Raptor variant (No new animation or sprite. Sorry folks, not my wheelhouse). The MTW is not available in stores in any capacity at this time to prevent it being equipped on ships in the campaign.
-Commissioned Crews integration: Colonial Ballistic Expertise (increased ballistic damage) and Cylon Automated Efficiency (reduced supply consumption).
-Added built-in hullmods to ships as appropriate.
-Created a "Cylon Hacking Beam" utilizing the vanilla Ion Beam turret asset. It fires an invisible beam (I just made the beam black) designed to emulate Cylon hacking capabilities. Takes a large energy slot with a high flux cost and does little damage, but absolutely lays on the EMP devastation.
-Created a "Quad Point Defense Cannon" for Colonials. Takes a medium ballistic slot and basically doubles the amount of rounds put out compared to its small counterpart. Also has an increased range.
-Adjusted rarity parameters for all weapons.
-Fixed an issue where TOS Basestar was missing a built in large weapon by giving it a Cylon Hacking Beam.
-Added enhanced tags for all weapons to ensure the AI can utilize them effectively and so players can depend on autofit to a greater degree.
-Added EMP damage to weapons as appropriate.

To-Do:

-Fine tune Cylon and Colonial diplomacy to ensure hostility towards each other. Last run it only took a couple of weeks and they were neutral with one another.
-General polish of descriptions and contrast between the original series assets and reimagined series assets. ONGOING
-Balance OP and credit values across the board and tinker with general economic balance within the mod. ONGOING
-Figure out missile behavior. I'm really struggling to create agile, high tracking, missiles for the Cylons and frequently end up with an abnormal amount of misses. Considering changing all Colonial missiles to torpedos, or something close to a torpedo in terms of tracking. Regardless, I can't seem to get the missiles right. They're either slow and accurate or fast and useless.
-Figure out why Cylon weapons keep showing up in Colonial markets at campaign launch and vice versa.
-Ensure Cylon access to Tylium weaponry in alignment with lore. Add Cylon wing with nuclear capabilities.

slamminabw

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2023, 10:54:57 AM »

Completed:

-Created a "Micro Tylium Warhead" with reduced yield for the nuclear Raptor variant (No new animation or sprite. Sorry folks, not my wheelhouse). The MTW is not available in stores in any capacity at this time to prevent it being equipped on ships in the campaign.
-Added built-in hullmods to ships as appropriate.
-Created a "Cylon Hacking Beam" utilizing the vanilla Ion Beam turret asset. It fires an invisible beam (I just made the beam black with zero opacity) designed to emulate Cylon hacking capabilities. Takes a large energy slot with a high flux cost and does little damage, but absolutely lays on the EMP devastation.
-Created a "Quad Point Defense Cannon" for Colonials. Takes a medium ballistic slot and basically doubles the amount of rounds put out compared to its small counterpart. Also has an increased range.
-Adjusted rarity parameters for all weapons.
-Fixed an issue where TOS Basestar was missing a built in large weapon by giving it a Cylon Hacking Beam.
-Added enhanced tags for all weapons to ensure the AI can utilize them effectively and so players can depend on autofit to a greater degree.
-Added EMP damage to weapons as appropriate.
-Fine-tuned missile behavior. Based on my research the Colonial Navy did not use guided missiles due to concerns about them being hacked or manipulated. Therefore all Colonial missiles have been transitioned to a rocket/torpedo format. Cylon missiles now have exceptional guidance capabilities as well as maneuverability. Given that the Colonial change made the "Colonial Fighter Warhead" useless against other fighters, I'll be reformatting all but one Viper wing into an interceptor role with the Raptor wings operating as bombers and support. The remaining Viper in the fighter role will mimic the Viper's capabilities in the Adama Manuever episode and the assault on the Cylon's refinery, with the ability to engage other small craft while carrying a small unguided munition.
-Ensure Cylon access to Tylium weaponry in alignment with lore.

To-Do:

-Fine tune Cylon and Colonial diplomacy to ensure hostility towards each other. Last run it only took a couple of weeks and they were neutral with one another.
-General polish of descriptions and contrast between the original series assets and reimagined series assets. ONGOING
-Balance OP and credit values across the board and tinker with general economic balance within the mod. ONGOING
-Figure out why Cylon weapons keep showing up in Colonial markets at campaign launch and vice versa.
-Add Cylon wing with nuclear capabilities.
-Adjust Colonial Viper wings to ensure alignment with lore post missile-fix.

Razor98566

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello there,

I just bumped up the version number so the game loads the mod again.
Should work as it did before, didn't get around adding anything in the meantime sadly but I hope slamminabw and I get something out in due time.

Link as always in the OP.
Check out my mods!

Lowest Hegemon

• Ensign
  • Just ram em with your onslaught that's what you do
    • View Profile

Find it a bit weird that cylon ships are sold in non cylon markets, and that viper mk1's have shields, but a great mod nonetheless.
What's reality? I don't know. When my bird was looking at my computer monitor I thought "That bird has no idea what he's looking at." And yet what does the bird do? Does he panic? No, he can't really panic, he just does the best he can. Is he able to live in a world where he's so ignorant? Well, he doesn't really have a choice. The bird is okay even though he doesn't understand the world. You're that bird looking at the monitor, and you're thinking to yourself, I can figure this out. Maybe you have some bird ideas. Maybe that's the best you can do.

Razor98566

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Find it a bit weird that cylon ships are sold in non cylon markets, and that viper mk1's have shields, but a great mod nonetheless.

Ty for the feedback ^^

Honestly I just thought they had shields like the capital ships but after looking further into it they seem to only have some form of thermal shielding around the cockpit (the Vipers at least).
I wasn't sure if I should make the Cylon's and Colonial's weaponry available for other factions, same goes for their ships in the fleets of other factions.

Until now it was my "headcannon" that after they arrived in the Sector the other factions just took some of their equip/blueprints etc. and integrated that into their markets/fleets.
Wouldn't be hard to change tho and I do not really care about it, so if you guys think it would be better if the Colonials and Cylons kept their stuff to themselves that's fine. I'll think about it for the next update  :).
Check out my mods!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4