Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How are officers and administrators generated?  (Read 761 times)

Flet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
How are officers and administrators generated?
« on: January 19, 2020, 08:41:48 AM »

Are they all created at game start and just move around from station to station, or do they appear and then vanish replaced be new ones?
Im looking for ones with optimal skills and dont know if i should just check stations then reroll the game before i find some or if i can just play and wait for a good one to be spawned in. Im aware you can just add skills to them in the save file but id rather do it naturally.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: How are officers and administrators generated?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 09:47:06 AM »

They randomly spawn in.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 10:23:55 AM »

I don't know specifics, but they randomly appear and disappear. If you want a specific skillset in an administrator, it's going to be very difficult, as there's only one 2 skill admin in sector at any time (not counting hired ones, obviously, and ones found in cryopods, because they are randomly generated on accessing the object and don't count for the limit). All others have 1 or no skills.
If you're looking for a particular officer personality, Diktat, pirates and pathers should have more aggressive ones.

Squigzilla

• Commander
  • SQUIG Industries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 08:06:56 PM »

If you're looking at ship officers, most begin with maybe three skill points, with the opportunity to gain five times that many points through leveling up. As long as the officer has an appropriate personality type for their intended role, you can generally shape them into what you want them to be. And honestly, most officer skills are useful on the majority of combat ships, even if they may be best suited to a certain subset of ship.

Administrators are a different story, and it can be quite difficult to find one with more than one skill. To my knowledge they are constantly being randomly generated; I've never encountered the same officer at more than one port, and any given port will generate new officers after a while. I generally check every administrator available and snap-buy anybody with two skills, since I have no idea when I'll find another with that level of talent.
High Admiral Davian MacNaile of the SQUIG Industries Human Resources Motivational Flotilla