Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Accidently horrible person- help!  (Read 2758 times)

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Accidently horrible person- help!
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2020, 03:57:26 AM »

I feel tempted whether or not to sell some of my excess blueprints and probably a synchrotron core (if the pirate colony still has a fuel production plant), since I have friendly relations with pirates as part of my clandestine plan to sabotage factions and weaken their ability to militarize. I already defanged the Hegemony and Sindrian Diktat, so the Persean League and Tri-Tachyon remain. Luddic Church if I want free ports, but I find that unnecessary.

I do exactly that in games when I'm allied with the pirates. Hell I sold them a Pristine Nanoforge (normal market so they would use it, black market won't for some reason) to their only fleet producing planet. So all pirate ships ended up with 0-1 d-mods instead of the 0-5 or w/e it was and they have every single ship design but the Legion stuff as you can only get those once. It's nice seeing an Astral/Paragon show up in a huge fight when pirates backed you up.

\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\data\hulls\ship_data.csv

In the 6th column. It seems that the values for frigates and destroyers when compared are mostly reasonable, but cruisers and capitals are undervalued compared with frigates and destroyers. Many capitals are also slightly undervalued compared with cruisers. For instance a Lasher or Wolf is 5 and a Paragon is 30 Fleet Points. Which help explains why the same payment bounty fleets can vary so much in difficulty. They are the same in fleet points, but the one with more "FP efficient" capital ships not only has more capital ships which are innately more DP efficient, but has more capitals than they should do.

This make me think they need to re-address Bounty values and use a separate system to assign cash values.

Thanks for the data location.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 04:01:56 AM by Locklave »
Pages: 1 [2]