Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: How to turn off help popups?  (Read 2991 times)

FeudalWulf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
How to turn off help popups?
« on: November 17, 2018, 07:23:35 PM »

.9 Just got released! I have to say it's been quite the adventure re-figuring out how to play this game and it's been just as frustrating as before. I've made a few new characters, but my most successful one so far I forgot to turn off the help popups at character creation.

Now I'm pretty patient but constantly getting popups every time I enter a market, every time one of my ships drops 1% of combat readiness, every time I so much as stick my finger up my own nose I get a popup. I select the little box "Don't show this again" but I keep getting the same messages! It's ridiculous! "You are now in hyper space" "Your ships aren't low on combat readiness"

I paid $15 for this game yet it gives me as many popups as a free to play mobile game. I feel like it's trying to sell me something!

(PS: I figured out that you actually DON'T click the button to make it not show again. It auto disables, clicking it makes it show up again. I've never seen that before, so I just automatically assumed you clicked it, like usual)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:34:45 PM by FeudalWulf »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: How to turn off help popups?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 09:38:56 PM »

(You can also uncheck the "show help popups" button during new game creation, btw.)

FeudalWulf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 01:43:53 PM »

(You can also uncheck the "show help popups" button during new game creation, btw.)

Yeah that's the thing though, it's only during game creation. If there was some sort of button somewhere that toggled all help pop ups off/on that'd be well and good too. I said in the post, I forgot to click that button. Too busy being angry that my last play through exploded.

Tempest

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 09:01:02 AM »

Still no way to do this after game creation...

bobucles

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 09:50:09 AM »

In other games, there is typically a menu option to disable all tutorial messages. Some of them also have a second option which enables and resets all tutorial messages.