Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: System Administrators  (Read 4066 times)

Aereto

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: System Administrators
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2020, 01:57:57 PM »

What do you mean by you sabotaged their military?

While my rep with the factions are in good standing, I raid colonies containing military bases from a specific faction I want to silence. The attack starts with port disruption, followed by disrupting farms or heavy industries to effectively cripple their stability modifiers. I keep their stability to 0 as long as possible through disruptions or raids, do missions for that faction to ensure they don't have a good enough reason to enter hostilities, and sustain until the colony decivilizes and render the base inoperable. This an operation that normally takes more than 1 cycle alone, but shorter when I perform in conjunction with pirate raids in a system. I don't bombard since that is not covert, and knowing when and where to approach in between patrol gaps with the transponder off is rough without pirates distracting them.

The Hegemony and the Persean League has a lot of military bases, so I just plan accordingly by effectively decivilizing their heavy industries while pillaging their blueprints.

Spoiler
With the Hegemony's military colonies gone, they cannot deploy AI-Inspection fleets to colonies where I liberally use AIs.
[close]

StarScum

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: System Administrators
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2020, 03:56:17 AM »

Is there a mod that allows the player or an Administrator or AI to administer all colonies in the same system without penalty? Is such a thing even possible?

When i colonize a system, I want to do it thoroughly as I take great pleasure at seeing a previously uninhabited system fill with traders, smugglers and patrols. However, I can't really do that with so few admins to work with. I think a solution like this would work quite elegantly.

If I understand,  you want increase your planet management cap?  It's pretty easy,  just an edit in the settings file I believe.

Admin cap is also in the same file.

Not exactly, more like I want admins to rule over systems and not individual planets. So if the player manages two colonies in the same  system the game only recognizes them as managing one colony. Administrators can be assigned to multiple planets as long as they are in the same system.
Pages: 1 [2]