Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: game crashed and no one in the discord knows what caused it  (Read 1614 times)

shpooky

• Ensign
    • View Profile
game crashed and no one in the discord knows what caused it
« on: January 08, 2020, 12:57:03 AM »

it was suggested to me that i post the error on the forum so here it is
is anyone here able to figure out what happened (also i tried posting the whole log but it was too large)

crash happens when refreshing the heavy patrol preview in doctrine and blueprints tab

348978 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [RunningDark.ogg]
349031 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [RunningDark.ogg]
350629 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMemberStatus.getStatus(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.A.new.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.A.new.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.A.new.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e$Oo.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.oOOo.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o0Oo.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.command.J.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.command.F.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.String.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.O0oO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

shpooky

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: game crashed and no one in the discord knows what caused it
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 08:17:46 AM »

This looks like it has to do with a modular ship from one of the mods you're using, but unfortunately that's all the detail I can provide from the error.

kemptastic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 03:49:09 PM »

I am getting the exact same error. We must be using the same mod. Oddly enough it had the same bit about running dark.ogg right before. Maybe coincidence, since the second time it was slightly different as such:

Edit: *I keep trying to post the error but every time I do I get a database error from the forum.*
Edit 2: https://pastebin.com/TnWcusCB

It's happened to me 3 times so far. The first time when I selected ships to prioritize in the battle doctrine. Afterwards its been happening like clock work a few seconds after I load my latest save.

Since it's almost definitely a facion/ship mod, perhaps we can narrow it down by figuring out the ones we hav active in common?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 03:51:51 PM by kemptastic »

kemptastic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 05:23:59 PM »

It might not help a whole lot, but I went through your log and found the active mods we had in common that add ships.
Anvil Industries
Artefact
Arsenal Expansion
Diable Avionics
Dissaemble Reassemble
ED Shipyard
HighTech Armada
Junk Pirates
Kadur
Kiith Nabal Shipyard
Luddic Enhancement
Missing Ships
Shadowyards
Ship and Weapon Pack
Stop Gap
Sylphon
Tahlan
Tiandong
Tyrador Safeguard Coalition
Underworld
Vayra's Ship Pack

Edit: I uploaded my save and active mods in case anybody with more experience wanted to look.

The save file with my enabled mods file for convenience: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TiC_YbAbpDDBcRppEJdmLnWADTbFguKw

My entire mod folder (only the ones active, I removed inactive ones prior to save space) in case anybody needs that too: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1s0GMtDapG_qbG6iXdGcyKlKSld1-16ZS
*Its about 565 MB

Update: I think it might be related to a D-Mod being on a certain ship or somehow going on ships it shouldn't. I clicked through all the ships in my blueprint list to see which one it might be, but I went through the whole thing fine. Once i turned down quality to raise the number of D-Mods (i think initially there was 1 to none on most ships) so all the ships were generating with 2-3 at least, the game crashed pretty quickly.
https://pastebin.com/QCqBQ4w2
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 09:35:38 PM by kemptastic »

kemptastic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 11:20:20 PM »

Got it to happen in a new game with even fewer mods active. Crash is triggerable the same way as before, basically getting max D-Mods on the fleet doctrine auto-generating ships, then regenerated it over and over again until I got a crash.

https://pastebin.com/5Fubwgsp

Relevant Active Mods:*
High Tech Armada
Kiith Nabal Shipyard
Missing Ships
Shadowyards
Vayra's Ship Pack

So it's got to be one of those, or the combination of one of them and the extra D-Mods Vayra's pack ads.

I checked the relevant mods and out of those 5, this post from Shadowyards seemed to be very similar, and seems like it could also be from the colony generated defense fleets and their d-mods.
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=3491.msg275623#msg275623

*There are some other mods active, but these are things like the core libraries, and most of the utility based mods from the main thread here: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0

Edit: Nevermind, I found the culprit http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16360.msg277174#msg277174
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 11:25:10 PM by kemptastic »