Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Some ideas on endgame  (Read 542 times)

envenger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Some ideas on endgame
« on: January 06, 2020, 11:31:13 PM »

I have been playing the game a lot over the last few weeks and its really addictive but not having a good thing to end game sucks a bit even with mods like Nexerelin at that point.

I am thinking in the lines of Kardashev scale works.
Initially, you start with a spaceship then you move into planets after the player has control over 4-5 planets they will have enough resources to use plant terraforming different planets and can deploy Dyson sphere-like devices on stars.

In the next phase, the player can start moving planets and start even making artificial planets with nearby resources from other planets. Things won't be cheap as you would need a few well functioning planets for resources.

In the next step, the player can move star systems near and away from each other, kind of like merging 2 star systems into 1 some distance apart, etc.

Danku-Chan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Some ideas on endgame
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 07:31:31 PM »

I certainly like the idea, don't get me wrong, but it seems a bit fast. In my oldest game, which is an unmodded vanilla game I started when I first downloaded Starsector is only at 265c~, and it seems a bit unrealistic for things to progress that fast. Maybe something like that would happen in the 300s, and with the sector under one unified faction, but even if the player were to do so, not only is it something so far down the line that very few people are going to do that, so it wouldn't be worth the time+effort to code, but it just doesn't make sense if we want to preserve any semblance of realism.

I would however enjoy some more long-term endgame goals, but I don't think this is the right way to go about it.