Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: [0.95a] Fluff's Ship Pack 0.2.3  (Read 213683 times)

MrFluffster

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Fluff's Ship Pack 0.1.10 - I don't have a witty title
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2020, 09:04:35 AM »

BREAKS SAVES

Does it really break saves? like break as in it doesnt allow you to load the save or something else in the save is broken?

I updated it the usual way of deleting the old mod and such, Prepped a save transfer and such but it seems like it didn't seem to break it? Perhaps? the same save loaded just fine that was using the old mod before today

Edit: seems like the Thunderbolt is still in there, which would be the reason why the save isnt borked as it still exists.

The Buffalo-F and Cathartes which previously were soft removed were finally 100% removed from the game so there's a solid chance they might break saves, especially if you played before 0.1.9. With how people update their mods frequently it's prudent to just loudly state BREAKS SAVES instead of a more nuanced explanation.

Is there some backgroud story about Falcon-TX011 ? i see him added in changelogs and then nerfed, unfortinately seems like i tried this thing only after nerf, so i am unaware what is wrong with it except right now it is complete *** because even vanilla Falcon (P) just better in every way. Mainly because there is no decent long range medium energy weapons in this game even with ton of installed mods. There are few decent ones, but not a single one what can be called "Main Gun". Maybe heavy blasters but they are way way WAY to flux greedy and most of the ships not able to use them. But on top of weapon choice Falcon (P) had preinstalled augmented drive field and unstable injectors with plenty of spare ordnance points. This thing can't fit anything. It's just a really weak ship. Love design, but why it so overnerfed? Did you ever try Lodium from high tech armada? This is a *** OP ship what can annihilate capital after capital with his dual heavy blasters. It is super fast, have extremely strong shield and godlike flux stats. Lodium is a cruiser, like all these falcons, but it performs better than most capitals in game, even with mods. So again, my question is - whats wrong with Falcon-TX011?

TX011 is not designed to be a brawler, it's a hit-and-run ship with very high speed for its class. Long range energy weapons don't really utilize the ship's inherent mobility. Remember that it can also have TWO MEDIUM MISSILES which is a serious power. Heavy blasters or other high damage short range, med sabots, and a good large ballistics will make this an excellent strike ship.
I only balance against vanilla, and I don't really understand what's your point with saying there's an overpowered ship in another mod.
Author of Fluff's Ship Pack. Check it out!
Feel free to hit me up on discord @PMMeCuteBugPhotos#0420

PainProjection

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Fluff's Ship Pack 0.1.11 - no unfunny joke in title today
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2020, 09:49:58 AM »

I meant what i can't see where it unbalanced and make an example of "what can be considered as overpowered".

Pirate Falcon is better for that role of super fast strike cruiser. It has 90units of base speed + 50 from maneuvering jets + 50 from 0-flux bonus and with helmsman ship it have 200+ units speed spikes. It also have 2 medium rockets and 2 medium composites which can also be a rocket so you most likely gonna utilise 0-flux boost unless you cannot dodge certain projectiles so you have to absorb them with shield. Again maneuvering jets gives you a lot more versatility since it allows you to use this extra 50units of speed to sideways or even backwards movement. Falcon (P) can easely kite larger ships, flank them and get back for recharge.

However, plasma burn require you to turn your ship, so it mostly can be used for pursue, but not kite.
Also to utilise shortrange heavy blasters you need: speed(check), strong shield (dmg/flux efficient, high capacity) and enormous flux regeneration (at least 1000+) which is not the case for TX011. His stats, as far as i remember, pretty average for light cruiser. To utilise rockets from Falcon (P) you don't even need integrated targeting unit, only expanded missle racks. Rockets already had long range, they don't need flux. At the end of the day 2 mounts are composite, so you can place heavy needlers there for shield suppression and pair them with typhoon torpedoes.

Suggestion? swap Plasma burn from Odyssey to Plasma Jets from Aurora And if you don't want to add some more ordnance points at least mirror built-in hullmods from pirate Falcon (unstable injector, augmeted drive field). Maybe add even some more (auxillary thrusters, expanded missle racks). Because how much it had? I can't remember... 80? 90? this is so little.

PainProjection

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2020, 09:53:23 AM »

p.s. i am not an active mod user, i remember what it caused crashes on save attempt, so i decide to delete it since unsatisfactory usedmemory/contentadded ratio, just seen update and wondering about this one ship which is seems interesting on paper but appear pretty underpowered in game

MrFluffster

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2020, 10:51:45 AM »

I meant what i can't see where it unbalanced and make an example of "what can be considered as overpowered".

Pirate Falcon is better for that role of super fast strike cruiser. It has 90units of base speed + 50 from maneuvering jets + 50 from 0-flux bonus and with helmsman ship it have 200+ units speed spikes. It also have 2 medium rockets and 2 medium composites which can also be a rocket so you most likely gonna utilise 0-flux boost unless you cannot dodge certain projectiles so you have to absorb them with shield. Again maneuvering jets gives you a lot more versatility since it allows you to use this extra 50units of speed to sideways or even backwards movement. Falcon (P) can easely kite larger ships, flank them and get back for recharge.

However, plasma burn require you to turn your ship, so it mostly can be used for pursue, but not kite.
Also to utilise shortrange heavy blasters you need: speed(check), strong shield (dmg/flux efficient, high capacity) and enormous flux regeneration (at least 1000+) which is not the case for TX011. His stats, as far as i remember, pretty average for light cruiser. To utilise rockets from Falcon (P) you don't even need integrated targeting unit, only expanded missle racks. Rockets already had long range, they don't need flux. At the end of the day 2 mounts are composite, so you can place heavy needlers there for shield suppression and pair them with typhoon torpedoes.

Suggestion? swap Plasma burn from Odyssey to Plasma Jets from Aurora And if you don't want to add some more ordnance points at least mirror built-in hullmods from pirate Falcon (unstable injector, augmeted drive field). Maybe add even some more (auxillary thrusters, expanded missle racks). Because how much it had? I can't remember... 80? 90? this is so little.

The Falcon-TX already has two of the hullmods you mentioned built-in(aux thrusters and unstable injector). It also has a base speed of 115(including the injector), making it far faster than the base falcon.

Adding inbuilt EMR would be extremly overpowered on a ship that has already been shown to me by some fairly good players to be pushing it.

PainProjection

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2020, 02:23:56 PM »

Can i see some footage what they send to you? Or it was some sort of a private screen demo in discord? At least screenshot of good loadout for this ship, seems like i missed something very important. I remember when i played with this mod i already had some pirate falcons in my fleet, so i really wanted to test this beast, but then, for me, it looks significantly worse.

My falcons was something like: 4 annihilator pods, 2 small annihilators, expanded missle racks and safety override. Rocket barrage super fast attack cruiser, used for heavy high explosive suppression. So you can now imagine my dissapointment when i tried this thing and realised what i just cannot achieve same perfomance with dual heavy blasters on your version.

There is IBB bouty with unique red falcon, which also uses 2 medium energy slots, it is good even with 9 D-mods lol, so i expected something similar to this. Not that powerful, but you get the idea.

MrFluffster

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Fluff's Ship Pack 0.1.12
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2020, 03:08:32 PM »

Yup, it's here, a new update, and doesn't even break any saves!

https://github.com/MrFluffster/fluffShipPack/releases/download/v0.1.12/fluffShipPack.zip

Changelog:
-Added the Crab, a low-tech artillery frigate
-Added the Steward, a high-tech PD powerhouse
-After further testing, changes to Buffalo-EX:
    -Changed a pair of broadside composites to ballistics
    -Increased OP by 10 (100->110)

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Fluff's Ship Pack 0.1.12 - Tournament-ish edition
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2020, 06:53:26 PM »

I like both the new additions. Though I dunno if it's me but the stewards left top hardpoint looks a little stretched when empty?

MrFluffster

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2020, 02:55:03 AM »

I like both the new additions. Though I dunno if it's me but the stewards left top hardpoint looks a little stretched when empty?

That's interesting. Only the top left?

MrFluffster

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2020, 06:30:14 AM »

For any future modder browsing: Feel free to kitbash from my ships. They only use vanilla and spiral arms sprites, and a bit of my work, so there's no problem if you wanna use one in your own sprite.

MrFluffster

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Fluff's Ship Pack 0.1.13
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2020, 11:08:48 AM »

Just a small maintenance update as I try to work on bigger things(and also not fail at life).

!!BREAKS SAVES!!

Download: https://github.com/MrFluffster/fluffShipPack/releases/download/v0.1.13/fluffShipPack.zip

0.1.13:
-Updated the Bielik sprite as it was the oldest and worst sprite
-Minor balance changes to the Bielik due to it losing one of its ballistic small mounts. More manouverable now.
-Changed nexerelin start options added by the mod to have more of the mod's ships and not contain ships that aren't supposed to be obtainable
-Fixed the mod_info.json file to be accurate
-Fixed the .version file to be accurate

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2020, 02:37:50 PM »

Nice too see you back! Tho, I didn't think the old Bielik was a bad sprite! Your ship pack is pretty good imo!

peppermeth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2020, 06:44:29 PM »

So does that mean that i shouldn't download that new update?

MrFluffster

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2020, 12:07:56 AM »

So does that mean that i shouldn't download that new update?
If you have already started a game with the previous version of the mod, then yes, the update might break your game if you use it, since it removes one of the weapons mounts from the Bielik.

MrFluffster

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2020, 10:33:45 PM »

Changelog:
-Fixes a bug that would cause any HVBs from this mod and any loaded after this to not appear

Download: https://github.com/MrFluffster/fluffShipPack/releases/download/v0.1.14/fluffShipPack.zip

peppermeth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Fluff's Ship Pack 0.1.14
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2020, 05:31:18 PM »

"Changelog:
-Fixes a bug that would cause any HVBs from this mod and any loaded after this to not appear"

Does that mean that this update wont break my save?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7