Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: [0.95a] Fluff's Ship Pack 0.2.3  (Read 213679 times)

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Fluff's Ship Pack 0.1.10 - I don't have a witty title
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2020, 10:27:45 AM »

Nerfs were needed. Collier (RG) is my spirit animal. It tries so hard.

wizardcain

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2020, 10:44:49 PM »

:(

[attachment deleted by admin]

MrFluffster

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2020, 05:06:47 AM »

:(
Download the mod again, this was fixed in a silent patch
Author of Fluff's Ship Pack. Check it out!
Feel free to hit me up on discord @PMMeCuteBugPhotos#0420

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2020, 10:27:43 AM »

If you're looking for any ship ideas, what about a Buffalo EX MKII? Like a super Buffalo MKII? Support orientated, weak or no shield and maybe a built in Miningpod or talon wing?

MrFluffster

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2020, 01:41:44 PM »

If you're looking for any ship ideas, what about a Buffalo EX MKII? Like a super Buffalo MKII? Support orientated, weak or no shield and maybe a built in Miningpod or talon wing?

I'll definitely consider this, though the Buffalo EX is already getting a bit of a makeover to make it more different.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2020, 09:24:18 AM »

I'll definitely consider this, though the Buffalo EX is already getting a bit of a makeover to make it more different.

The Panhandler could be another good Pirate conversion. Also, the Pather Buffalo doesn't seem too spawn in Pather fleets.

MrFluffster

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2020, 06:26:33 PM »

The Panhandler could be another good Pirate conversion. Also, the Pather Buffalo doesn't seem too spawn in Pather fleets.

Thanks for the info I'll look into that!

As for Panhandler, it first needs to get a makeover of the base sprite(those weapons are way too bunched up together). After that, I think the best it'll get is a minimal pirate variant along the lines of Cerberus(P) or Hound(P).

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2020, 05:50:11 AM »

The Light Machine Railgun has the STRIKE and USE_VS_FRIGATES hints, making the AI fire only when target flux is high. This is limiting the usefulness of this weapon because it deals kinetic damage, so I suggest removing them.

MrFluffster

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2020, 12:49:07 PM »

The Light Machine Railgun has the STRIKE and USE_VS_FRIGATES hints, making the AI fire only when target flux is high. This is limiting the usefulness of this weapon because it deals kinetic damage, so I suggest removing them.

Thank you very much, I based the tags off of the weapon data .csv page on the wiki and the descriptions of this tags misled me, I'll fix it in the next patch.

MrFluffster

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2020, 04:56:46 PM »

edit: whoops accidentally edited the mian post wrong

New big update's out, yay!
https://github.com/MrFluffster/fluffShipPack/releases/download/v0.1.11/fluffShipPack.zip

BREAKS SAVES

Changelog:
+Added Atlas Mk. V, a more competently made Atlas Mk. II
+Added Firecrow, a Kite turned into a devastating attack craft, with inbuilt rocket pods(they're not missiles, a missile knows where it is)
+Reworked the Buffalo EX completely, now you might actually want to fly one of those!
-Further adjustments to the Custodian so it now does what it should without being overpowered
-Small nerfs to the Bielik
-Falcon-TX011 is now a unique bp because it was dumb that it isn't
-Collier(RG) is more customizable with a modular bay, and it now has a different ship system to offset the potential overpowerdness that would happen if it kept reserve deployment(also it has converted hangar now)
-Thunderbolt removed from blueprints as it was a terrible and overpowered idea; might be added back someday
-I promise to keep proper track of balance changes from now on
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 02:33:14 AM by MrFluffster »

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Fluff's Ship Pack 0.1.11 - no unfunny joke in title today
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2020, 05:45:33 PM »

I've been looking forward too this. Some of your ships are just begging for some skins tho.

MrFluffster

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2020, 03:10:06 AM »

I've been looking forward too this. Some of your ships are just begging for some skins tho.

Glad someone's excited for this, what ships you think could use some skins?

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2020, 06:26:38 AM »

Buffalo EX would suite a (P) or (MM) version. Panhandler too would also suite Pirates or Path. Custodian could go to AK?

And you're too hard on yourself, it's a good little ship pack.

FrackaMir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2020, 07:37:36 AM »

BREAKS SAVES

Does it really break saves? like break as in it doesnt allow you to load the save or something else in the save is broken?

I updated it the usual way of deleting the old mod and such, Prepped a save transfer and such but it seems like it didn't seem to break it? Perhaps? the same save loaded just fine that was using the old mod before today

Edit: seems like the Thunderbolt is still in there, which would be the reason why the save isnt borked as it still exists.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 07:50:27 AM by FrackaMir »

PainProjection

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2020, 08:53:16 AM »

Is there some backgroud story about Falcon-TX011 ? i see him added in changelogs and then nerfed, unfortinately seems like i tried this thing only after nerf, so i am unaware what is wrong with it except right now it is complete *** because even vanilla Falcon (P) just better in every way.

Mainly because there is no decent long range medium energy weapons in this game even with ton of installed mods. There are few decent ones, but not a single one what can be called "Main Gun". Maybe heavy blasters but they are way way WAY to flux greedy and most of the ships not able to use them.

But most importantly Falcon (P) have better ship system. As far as i remember Falcon-TX011 instead of maneuvering jets had plasma burn from odyssey which again just widens the gap between these ships.

Also Falcon (P) had preinstalled augmented drive field and unstable injectors with plenty of spare ordnance points(125). TX011 can't fit anything. It's just a really weak ship. Love design, but why it so overnerfed?
Did you ever try Lodium from high tech armada? This is a *** OP ship what can annihilate capital after capital with his dual heavy blasters. It is super fast, have extremely strong shield and godlike flux stats. Lodium is a cruiser, like all these falcons, but it performs better than most capitals in game, even with mods.

So again, my question is - whats wrong with Falcon-TX011?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 09:01:26 AM by PainProjection »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7