Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.95a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!  (Read 382744 times)

NoTalkofLowTech

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!
« Reply #300 on: July 24, 2022, 07:34:33 PM »

Love the mod, it was very satisfying to use an N-crane oscillator to collapse an otherwise useless gas giant into a Brown dwarf and heat up five planets in the system, turning three extremely cold worlds to just cold, turning a desert world extremely hot, and turning a tundra world into a perfect Terran world. All with that one item. Even the desert worked in my favor since I put down a Cryoarithmetic engine and just said all the fleets.

Now if only I could remove an atmosphere to get an ideal world for my catalytic or remove habitable and have autonomous mantle bore. Or maybe allow the mantle bore on polluted worlds regardless of having habitable… would that he doable?

NoTalkofLowTech

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 01, 2022, 05:06:59 AM »

Is the genesis a salvaged hull, or a blueprint? because if i can mass manufacture entire planets from asteroid belts, wooo!

Gundamfan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 01, 2022, 08:28:02 AM »

Sorry to burst your bubble, but when using the Genesis
You can only make one planet per Asteroid belt, the denser the asteroid belt the bigger the planet and mineral rich the planet can have but it has no atmosphere so just as you get a rich planet, you still need to invest heavily to make it to habitable. And make matter worse Genesis is only one time use so you can't willy billy spam all the planet creation.

NoTalkofLowTech

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 02, 2022, 07:15:06 PM »

Money is a resource, and time is a commodity.

Also that doesn’t actually answer the question.

Harik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 18, 2022, 03:39:35 PM »

Sorry to burst your bubble, but when using the Genesis
You can only make one planet per Asteroid belt, the denser the asteroid belt the bigger the planet and mineral rich the planet can have but it has no atmosphere so just as you get a rich planet, you still need to invest heavily to make it to habitable. And make matter worse Genesis is only one time use so you can't willy billy spam all the planet creation.

Genesis is a hull blueprint you can build it multiple times last I checked.

I know this mod is effectively abandoned but it's still essential for me in a play through. According to the changelog the mod was updated to 1.0.15 but the version of the mod linked on the first page is apparently only 1.0.14. Does 1.0.15 actually exist and does anyone have that version? I still have the issue with the irradicator core not being installable. The best solution around this at the moment is to use the 'fastbuild' command which correctly completes the program and triggers a change to the planet type but it would be nice to have the latest version of the mod if it is floating around somewhere.

NoTalkofLowTech

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 18, 2022, 06:41:59 PM »

Thank you, that was the answer I was looking for;

and I think it works, but once it starts building you install the core and upon completion it removes the condition and the building. At least that’s what happened on my irradiated planet when I tested it. Same version.

Aldazar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 28, 2022, 03:20:50 PM »

Sadly re-evaluate does not work.

Thoutzan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 31, 2022, 09:12:57 AM »

Sorry wrong post lol   :P

stewardlanu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 07, 2022, 11:44:36 AM »

what is the id of terraforming core, want to spawn it with dev console mod any ideas?

TheLemu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 09, 2022, 08:20:12 AM »

Is there a way of removing the stellar mirrors/shades via console command or save editing? They really are an eyesore

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 09, 2022, 09:23:58 AM »

Is there a way of removing the stellar mirrors/shades via console command or save editing? They really are an eyesore

just thought the same yesterday.

White Hound Black Lotus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 21, 2022, 05:28:15 PM »

Quick question, new to the mod. Is there a way to make the process go faster? Also, does it change the appearance of the planets once they teraform?

Gundamfan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 22, 2022, 06:49:17 AM »

Edit it in the mod Config. File
There is the time value to tweak to your liking
Like setting your terraforming to 1 day and it's equal the moment you exit the colony it will be finished.

Slomes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 22, 2022, 04:07:20 PM »

So theres this bug.
I ran the mild climate teraforming with the item, and now that its done it seems to have kinda doubled my farming output.
Base value gets applied twice, and i also get a random +1 rich farmland when it already has the bountiful +2.

Edit: actually nvm, seems to have fixed itself over time somehow.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 04:34:46 PM by Slomes »

NoTalkofLowTech

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 22, 2022, 06:27:55 PM »

I seem to not be able to find any N-brane Oscillators in my current game run. I have at least one or two of everything else, just not the Oscillator, which kinda sucks cause it's awesome, and I have a lot of high gravity worlds.

If there is any advice I appreciate it, or is this a random pull not being nice?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27