Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.95a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!  (Read 382768 times)

Pet_Mudstone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!
« Reply #285 on: April 17, 2022, 09:50:00 PM »

"Yes, use 'removeCondition <condition ID>' for that. You need to be at the market you're removing it from, IIRC."

For industries use 'removeIndustry <industry ID>'. As with the above you need to be at the market to properly use it.

You can use "add" instead of "remove" in the above commands to add industries or conditions instead, obviously.

As an aside, you can use 'list industries' and 'list conditions' to get a list of the IDs and in-game names of all industries and conditions respectively.

StaplesEasyButton

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 30, 2022, 12:40:06 PM »

Saw some comments earlier arguing over whether this mod is able to be uninstalled on an existing save, just wondering if anyone has actually been successful in doing so, and if so how. Since in theory I'd have to just remove all of the mod related content from wherever it might be, Im just running around trying to get rid of it all. Currently have no unique conditions on planets, no mod related items in my fleet cargo and colonies, and don't have any quests relating to the mod active. Yet Im still unable to get the save running without the mod. Currently Im just running through all the core worlds and double checking that there are no mod items in those markets. Thanks in advance.

MercerWing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 20, 2022, 06:17:55 AM »

Hello, is there a way to turn a water world into a terran world so I can get farmland?

Juroguy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 22, 2022, 01:00:50 PM »

Can we dismantle these after their finished? or does it just come back. wording makes it seem like as long as you use an artifact its permanent, but other than that the various maintenance costs dont seem worth it.

Zr0Potential

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 22, 2022, 07:58:02 PM »

Can we dismantle these after their finished? or does it just come back. wording makes it seem like as long as you use an artifact its permanent, but other than that the various maintenance costs dont seem worth it.

The structure is removed after they finished terraforming (in the case of not having the required item, they will progress progress up to 50% and get stuck, reducing the hazard rating of the terraformed feature by half whilst eating up some commodities)

xuma

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 31, 2022, 11:03:12 AM »

Great mod, thanks! It can easily double or triple the lifespan of each session.

With that I have a bug to report, where an asteroid field, that was turned into a planet, reappears after loading, thus allowing clusters of planets. Or more like grapes of planets.
Though at this point I will keep growing this malignant little cluster inside the junk system of tia, to the point where no more alpha cores can be found.
Hyperspace is not the limit there, maybe my ram is.  :D

[attachment deleted by admin]

JenkoRun

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 07, 2022, 12:15:02 PM »

So I built orbital mirrors but something went wrong; for whatever reason, there are only 2 of them instead of 3. I also changed the name of my planet mid terraform and now the names of the reflectors didn't update.

Does anyone know how to fix these problems? Cheers.

exelsiar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 07, 2022, 01:31:27 PM »

I'll admit I've not gotten that far with terraforming yet, but have you tried removing and rebuilding the mirrors? In theory it should at least fix the name issue.

JenkoRun

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 08, 2022, 03:46:22 AM »

I'll admit I've not gotten that far with terraforming yet, but have you tried removing and rebuilding the mirrors? In theory it should at least fix the name issue.

Unfortunately, the way the mod is codded causes the structure to vanish from the colony management screen upon completion, meaning you can't remove or interact with them.

Captain.Conrad.Snider

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Sector Defense Force Approved Music
« Reply #294 on: June 19, 2022, 04:49:57 AM »

So how do i Terraform a Jungle into a Terran-eccentric planet? Im not seeing any terraforming buildings and i know the mods works cause ive seen the other features of the mod.

If it makes a difference it already has the condition "Orbital Solar Array" Will this terraform it in enough time? Not very experienced with your mod just yet sorry.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 05:09:01 AM by Captain.Conrad.Snider »
Captain Conrad Snider.

Sector Defense Milita.

We Die In The Dark So You Can Live In The Light.

Coil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 19, 2022, 10:12:48 PM »

So how do i Terraform a Jungle into a Terran-eccentric planet? Im not seeing any terraforming buildings and i know the mods works cause ive seen the other features of the mod.

If it makes a difference it already has the condition "Orbital Solar Array" Will this terraform it in enough time? Not very experienced with your mod just yet sorry.

Climate sculpting will make it terran eccentric if I recall correctly

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 20, 2022, 12:50:53 AM »

I wish I could use this mod without the terraforming parts.

The terraforming from boggled is very good.

Meanwhile I love this mod quests and some weirder terraforming it can do (like building planets out of asteroids, turning gas giants into stars and *** off a whole star system, etc...)

Flying Dice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 11, 2022, 03:44:23 PM »

Just wanted to give a warning to people about this -- I'm not sure whether it's just an issue inherent to the mod itself or it conflicting with another mod, but DIY Planets broke AI core drops from remnant fleets and stations for me, such that they never dropped under any circumstances, even the guaranteed drop from killing a station.

ligar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 12, 2022, 10:11:45 AM »

Just wanted to give a warning to people about this -- I'm not sure whether it's just an issue inherent to the mod itself or it conflicting with another mod, but DIY Planets broke AI core drops from remnant fleets and stations for me, such that they never dropped under any circumstances, even the guaranteed drop from killing a station.
So I think after doing some of my own testing with the mod I found out that it doesn't remove drops or influence them, even without the mod the guaranteed drop didn't occur mind you I play with a very large mod list and I imagine you did the same, good news you can still play with DIY planets and other mods you have and get drops from fleets, altho im not sure if the percentage rates were normal  or I just have imhumane I only got an Alpha after killing maybe 40 fleets over 3 hours (I put on god mode to test)which resulted in 26/21/1 of G/B/A.

Flying Dice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 12, 2022, 02:46:15 PM »

So I think after doing some of my own testing with the mod I found out that it doesn't remove drops or influence them, even without the mod the guaranteed drop didn't occur mind you I play with a very large mod list and I imagine you did the same, good news you can still play with DIY planets and other mods you have and get drops from fleets, altho im not sure if the percentage rates were normal  or I just have imhumane I only got an Alpha after killing maybe 40 fleets over 3 hours (I put on god mode to test)which resulted in 26/21/1 of G/B/A.
It's likely some very specific combination of mods, because I cross-checked every combination and the only one which consistently caused it was DIY Planets. Which makes sense, because the issue only started when I began a new campaign with DIY instead of TASC and every test campaign I started with the exact same modset sans DIY didn't have it.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27