Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.95a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!  (Read 382620 times)

Ande

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!
« Reply #270 on: January 14, 2022, 10:32:23 AM »

The Mission about the terraform Rig, does it spawn endless or is there a limit how often I can get this mission in space bar?

QuinnDexter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 15, 2022, 12:47:45 AM »

Mod review (v1.0.14): I want to make a post to thank the mod author because of very positive experience I've had with this mod so far. I appreciate the way it seamlessly integrates with vanilla systems, to the point where you can barely tell that these features are due to the mod and not default features. It is very well balanced; terraforming planets requires a hefty investment of credits, time, and exploration effort. Of note are the gradual decrease in hazard rating as the terraforming process progresses instead of a gigantic leap as soon as it is done. Additionally, the way the structures are only shown in the planet menu when they actually do something is a subtle but neat way to reduce menu clutter and make it easier for the user to understand what the possibilities are. I also like how you can build the structure to give mixed bonus effects such as low gravity, which increases accessibility at the cost of hazard rating. The structure self removal works perfectly: the AI cores you installed are returned to your designated production planet and a notification is displayed to show that the terraforming process is done. Every structure and item description gives some lore and every item for the structure give a brief summary of what it is for, very neat. While I personally assume the graphics for the items are the hardest to get looking good as a modder, they are all unique and don't look out of place despite being derived from other vanilla items (from what I can tell).

To summarize, this mod does everything right. I can tell the author put a lot of thought into very minute details, which all add up to create a very vanilla experience, which is much to my liking. I love mods, but I hate being constantly aware of the fact that I modded the game, which is the case for most mods (but not this mod), where seamless integration and attention to detail are usually afterthoughts.

Questions: I have not yet tested what happens to conditional items such as the mantle bore which require planetary conditions such as no atmosphere when the terraforming process finishes. Could somebody update me on that? Does updating the planet type also include removing conditional items and sending them to your designated production planet?

Suggestions for future improvement: I don't have experience with modding so I do not know if it is possible, but a potential way to modify the spawn issues some posters mentioned (without using a separate spawning pool) is to include an option in the config file that increases the spawn rate of all items in the special pool by a factor of 1. That way the setting does nothing if it is not modified, so the game doesn't get changed without massively without users noticing. Users could then adjust this setting to their personal liking. An additional setting I would appreciate is one for the frequency of the scarred spacer terraforming rig sidequest, which does not happen frequently enough for my personal liking. Another workaround for the spawn issue you could use via the config is to add the setting to remove the terraforming items from the special item spawning pool altogether by adding a true/false toggle, and allow users to increase the spacer side quest frequency to compensate.

Anexgohan

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 15, 2022, 05:54:00 AM »

For anyone having trouble finding Items or Scarred spacer.
go inside any solar system and bring up console with ctrl+backspace (need console commands mod for this)
and paste and enter this :

Code
runcode SectorEntityToken fleet = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet();
      StarSystemAPI sys = (StarSystemAPI)fleet.getContainingLocation();
      SectorEntityToken stable = fleet.getContainingLocation().addCustomEntity(null, null, "derelict_terraformer", "neutral");
      float orbitRadius = com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getDistance(fleet, sys.getCenter());
      float orbitDays = orbitRadius / (20f + new Random().nextFloat() * 5f);
      float angle = com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getAngleInDegrees(sys.getCenter().getLocation(), fleet.getLocation());
      stable.setCircularOrbit(sys.getCenter(), angle, orbitRadius, orbitDays);

This will generate an "Eridani-Utopia Terraforming Rig" to your location

for Genesis Project Station use this"

Code
runcode SectorEntityToken fleet = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet();
      StarSystemAPI sys = (StarSystemAPI)fleet.getContainingLocation();
      SectorEntityToken stable = fleet.getContainingLocation().addCustomEntity(null, null, "terraform_genesis_station", "neutral");
      float orbitRadius = com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getDistance(fleet, sys.getCenter());
      float orbitDays = orbitRadius / (20f + new Random().nextFloat() * 5f);
      float angle = com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getAngleInDegrees(sys.getCenter().getLocation(), fleet.getLocation());
      stable.setCircularOrbit(sys.getCenter(), angle, orbitRadius, orbitDays);

Its a single player game cheat however you like.

Ande

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 15, 2022, 01:41:46 PM »

Thanks Anexgohan. So you know If the scared spacer mission can spawn endless times by default?

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 16, 2022, 12:41:28 AM »

Oh boy, I'm laughing my ass off! So I used the Genesis device, and created a new planet out of an asteroid field; not a ring. A few rocks orbiting a point in the center. When the planet was created, it started doing the same motion :D It basically shifts its orbit, following the same motion of the asteroid you interacted with. Funny :D

By the way, mind if I suggest something? Heating planets up, in order to take advantage of Cryo...whatever Engine (fleet size +25% on Hot, +100% on Extreme Heat), just like how we can alter the gravity or remove the atmosphere to benefit from other items. We can create brown dwarves, but I think it's more for rogue / starless systems, though not every system has a gas giant to begin with =/

Anyway, thank you very much for the mod. Makes planet selection less of a hassle!

Sultan Khalid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 26, 2022, 05:05:50 AM »

Any way to disable the natural progression visual change? I like my arid and eccentric worlds  :'(

If not, any chance for an update that allows it?

Adventwolf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 28, 2022, 09:27:18 AM »

Is it possible for the NPC colonies to make the structures and use the items in them when you sell it to them? Like if you sell the normal colony items they will use them. So why won't they use the new stuff and improve their own planets.

Shadowkiller

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 30, 2022, 08:27:30 PM »

The Lobster pens dont seem to be working, it adds lobsters to the stockpile but no effect on colony income or increase to farming output. Same issue on all three of my water worlds. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Balmung60

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 12, 2022, 10:59:37 AM »

Is there any chance of a way to convert water worlds to archipelago or terran? I like having a few water worlds and all, but there are a lot of ways to end up with them and no real way to change away from them.

manky

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 16, 2022, 09:25:22 AM »

Thanks for the great mod! It really added a lot to my playthrough.

I think I've found a couple of simple bugs:
  • AtmoRemover disqualifyCondition2 is "thick_atmosphere" but should be "dense_atmosphere"
  • WaterReceiver2 in finishBuildingOrUpgrading removes industry "waterreceiver" but should be "waterreceiver2"
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 09:29:59 AM by manky »

SpartanXZero

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 16, 2022, 08:02:42 PM »

Is this mod compatible with the Terraforming and Station construction mod?

DragonOfKyushu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 20, 2022, 02:07:12 AM »

So, is there currently no way to transform a water world into something of more use? Or am I blind / found a bug in this terraforming extravaganza - water worlds are cool and all, but idealized terran worlds throughout the sector would be my dream

Sythion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 01, 2022, 02:13:04 AM »

Realized I posted to wrong mod, whoops!

Spoiler
I saw the mod author hasn't been online for a few months but thought I'd chime in with a bug report and solution:

At the end of the month after an admin has leveled up at the academy regardless of if you take them out or no, or if you've taken them out and then try to examine them via admin list (either changing who's in charge of a planet or just seeing the normal list) results in the following:

With the help of a friend, it was resolved with creating a settings.json file in the mod directory > data > config (same folder that has custom_entities.json) with the following:

Raw text below for easy copying, salary amount can be set anything.

{
 "adminSalaryTier3": 60000
}
[/s]
[close]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 04:01:39 AM by Sythion »

XeroNecross

• Ensign
  • Praise be Slaanesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 26, 2022, 09:42:06 AM »

FIRST: I think this is one of my favorite mods.

SECOND: I love the fact we can make hyper shunts with this mod. It took me forever to find one in game (using the Nex random derelict mode), but just having the ability to FINALLY use the Coronal Taps is great. Can never find a hyper shunt and when I do all the planets around it suck or aren't worth converting.

THIRD: I was wondering if you (the author of this mod) ever considered adding in a feature to make and place Gates... if it's possible I mean. I haven't seen any one else even talk about it in any other gate related mod so I don't know if it's even possible. I know it'd be vanilla breaking, but so is making hyper shunts... If I ever learn to make mods (which I only just started learning how to code online so it'll be a while) I was thinking about doing what you did here with the hyper shunts and gates. Building better worlds is great, but also making them accessible to the rest of the galaxy via a stargate system would be cool too.

SirFfuzzyLogik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 16, 2022, 07:10:08 AM »

Seeing a lot of posts saying that this mod is dead, so I have little hope for a fix, but I think I discovered a new issue with the irradicator.

I built the infrastructure for the irradicator on a planet with the intent of removing transplutonic ore, but I built it before I had the irradicator core.
The infrastructure progressed until the core was required, so I figured it'd be fine until I found one.

Well, I finally find one, and now the infrastructure is gone, I can't build it again, and the ore is still on the planet.

Does anyone know how to add/remove industries from planets with console commands?
or, maybe just commands for removing the ore from the planet?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27