Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.95a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!  (Read 381701 times)

wsdude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!
« Reply #255 on: January 03, 2022, 10:54:48 AM »

Does anyone know where to get the bar quest to make a planet?

Should be from the bar, I haven't encountered one either.

Any bar?I'm like max level and have yet to encounter it.

Yeah, any bar, and I actually just found it this very mmoment. It is an option that will prompt you with something like "Speak to the AI persona" something.

Is it the one where he asks you to retrieve a beta core and then asks you to build bases ?

Mikomikomiko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Kitbash album. Not a modder, just a bote maker :P
« Reply #256 on: January 03, 2022, 09:13:46 PM »

Does anyone know where to get the bar quest to make a planet?

Should be from the bar, I haven't encountered one either.

Any bar?I'm like max level and have yet to encounter it.

Yeah, any bar, and I actually just found it this very mmoment. It is an option that will prompt you with something like "Speak to the AI persona" something.

Is it the one where he asks you to retrieve a beta core and then asks you to build bases ?

Different

Warning, quest spoilery
Spoiler
AI talks to you and asks to be brought along / downloaded into your ship. You're then given a mission relating to the "Genesis Project". From there you just go to the designated area, do the usual combat vs AI fleets and get your reward.

A bit text heavy quest at the end and really interesting since it gives life to the AI a tad, what with the defenders refusing to accomplish their programing to ensure their continued survival vs an AI wanting to fulfill its purpose and be accomplished, but cease to exist.
[close]

Timtumm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 07, 2022, 03:51:47 PM »

I must be slow or something. I can't figure this mod out, as much as I have tried.
I am running around picking up items, but I can't seem to use any of them. Can anyone help? So far I have
1 Empty Forge Template
1 Pebble-Class Forge Template
2 VPC Luxury Goods
1 Hypershunt Tap
1 Synchrotron Core
2 Autonomous Mantle Bore
2 Relay Hypertransmitter
1 Plasma Dynamo
1 Dealmaker Holosuite
2 Atmospheric Minerlaizer
1 Atmospheric  Sublimator
1 Stellar Reflector Core
1 Tectonic Attenuator
1 Transformer Brainprint
1 Irradicator Core

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 07, 2022, 05:43:12 PM »

I must be slow or something. I can't figure this mod out, as much as I have tried.
I am running around picking up items, but I can't seem to use any of them. Can anyone help? So far I have
1 Empty Forge Template
1 Pebble-Class Forge Template
2 VPC Luxury Goods
1 Hypershunt Tap
1 Synchrotron Core
2 Autonomous Mantle Bore
2 Relay Hypertransmitter
1 Plasma Dynamo
1 Dealmaker Holosuite
2 Atmospheric Minerlaizer
1 Atmospheric  Sublimator
1 Stellar Reflector Core
1 Tectonic Attenuator
1 Transformer Brainprint
1 Irradicator Core

Some of these are Vanilla, you just plug those into the proper industry.  For the terraforming items added by mod, you have to build the proper terraforming building, then install the correct item into the correct terraforming building.  Without proper terraforming item, the terraforming building stalls at 50%, which basically cancels out benefits due to cost for running building (reduces hazard effect by 50%, but still costs $$ and maybe resources to run).  Once entire process is run, just deletes the hazard (and sometimes changes planet, getting rid of all hazards on an ice planet makes it a water planet).

It's actually a relatively elegant system, since it builds on just regular vanilla stuff and is practically a utility mod (unlike other terraforming mod, which adds a bunch of stuff so basically impossible to remove from a save).  I actually prefer this mod for that exact reason, although I basically haven't ever encountered a situation where I actually needed to attempt to remove the mod.  Still not an actual utility mod, but close.

Only major issue is that this mod further inflates the game's rare item pool, so it basically becomes impossible to find nanoforges anymore (gotta raid for 'em!).  Hopefully Kentington fixes that whenever they wake back up from their slumber...
I wasn't always a Judge...

Timtumm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 07, 2022, 08:48:00 PM »

Thank you for your help, Judge. Heh. I did wonder why I had not found a Nanoforge in 4 years. :)

dragoongfa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 07, 2022, 11:19:04 PM »

Pristine Nanoforges and Synchotron Cores are extremely rare yes, in my current playthrough I am drowning in Corrupted Nanoforges and certain Vanilla rares seem to elude me as well; but a Pristine Nano and a Synchotron? Can't find them for the life of me.

I did got the location of a Pristine Nano through the 'Paper Book' bar event, haven't gotten the option for a synchotron yet. Perhaps someone should make a mod in order to be able to 'direct' the future instances of the 'paper book' event into particular endeavors.

In the end I cheated a little and decided to flip a coin after Mothership encounters, if heads I would console command a synchotron into my inventory. Got it after my third Mothership.

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 07, 2022, 11:32:49 PM »

Pristine Nanoforges and Synchotron Cores are extremely rare yes, in my current playthrough I am drowning in Corrupted Nanoforges and certain Vanilla rares seem to elude me as well; but a Pristine Nano and a Synchotron? Can't find them for the life of me.

At least you can raid for pristine nano and synch core, so that isn't a huge deal.  But I like giving a corrupted nano to pirates if I don't need it, makes game much more interesting... so somewhat annoying when I can't find one.

I did got the location of a Pristine Nano through the 'Paper Book' bar event, haven't gotten the option for a synchotron yet. Perhaps someone should make a mod in order to be able to 'direct' the future instances of the 'paper book' event into particular endeavors.

I am a little unclear whether the Historian just searches game files for rare item locations every time, or actually generates the location at least some of the time.  Clearly the hyper shunt taps don't move though.
I wasn't always a Judge...

Timtumm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 10, 2022, 07:19:57 AM »

As good as this mod, it desperately needs a manual, or at least a lookup table like the following:

Planet_problem      construct                      Item              Prerequisite
--------------       ---------                     -----             ------------
toxicity                 molecular enzymes        none               Must have atmosphere
no atmosphere       atmospheric pump         nanophage       none
etc

Other construction      benefit
------------------      -------
Super computer          all planets in system get +1 production

something like that. The current descriptions are not adequate.

Nox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 10, 2022, 10:26:18 AM »

There's a basic problem with this mod and the impact on gameplay.

These artifacts that are needed for the buildings are diluting the loot pool considerably, so instead of finding permanent artifacts we need, we're finding these one-shot consumables that after a few are never going to be useful to the player due to the colony cap.

I would very strongly recommend replacing the consumables with AI cores so that the core game doesn't get compromised.
--
No good deed goes unpunished.

Corelious

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 11, 2022, 12:29:07 PM »

Can we get an update for 0.95.1?

OperaWolf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 11, 2022, 01:42:34 PM »

Just to throw my two cents in, I don't mind the one-shot terraforming items, and I don't mind them diluting the item pool. It lets you be more flexible with your choices of what planets you colonize; since you'll likely pick up the parts you need to terraform them into something low hazard or even set them up to allow certain industry mods to work, you can focus more on location and strategy. Another effect is that it makes industry mods more rare, so when you get them it feels really good. It also lets you go between trying to randomly find something you want through neutral exploration, or getting what you want in a targeted fashion by raiding colonies. It's pretty fun to me.

Stroichik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 12, 2022, 10:28:04 AM »

Is it normal that i don't see lobsters in export window of a colony? I used lobster breeding programm, i see planet having feature of lobsters, but no lobster production, only food.

OperaWolf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 12, 2022, 01:25:21 PM »

Is it normal that i don't see lobsters in export window of a colony? I used lobster breeding programm, i see planet having feature of lobsters, but no lobster production, only food.

I tried it out just to see what it did, and as far as I can tell it 1) gives your Aquaponics farms +1 buff to food production, and 2) immediately sets the Diktat to -100 with you. It's a very odd thing.

TalRaziid

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Irradicator core not applyable?
« Reply #268 on: January 12, 2022, 01:31:12 PM »

I have an irradicator core, i have the radiation removal building built and waiting for a core, but i cant add the core to the building
anyone know what causes this?

Zr0Potential

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 12, 2022, 03:24:25 PM »

I have an irradicator core, i have the radiation removal building built and waiting for a core, but i cant add the core to the building
anyone know what causes this?

Are you using the most recent version of the mod? Afaik that bug has been fixed with the latest update.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27