Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.95a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!  (Read 382652 times)

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!
« Reply #240 on: December 21, 2021, 09:48:55 AM »

Kentington, good day. I want to point out that you have amazing mods. I use them every time.

I have a small suggestion for several previous ones. At the next run, I noticed fewer special items for the colony began to drop out, but items for terraforming were found in their place. How about such a condition - if, when examining a planet / ships, etc. is there a special item for the colony - additionally, is there a special item for terraforming?

Stalkar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 22, 2021, 10:24:05 AM »

I like the idea of having the ability to completely turn the world around for cost of rare item rather than industry slot

pretty sure there was one condition that the mod doesnt deal with but cant remember it

One major problem is that some conditions conflict with each other,like giving your planet a habitable trait removes the possibility to install mantle bore late

And minor one is that decriptions, there should be a some sort of way to track what you need to do to get on the next "stage" of terraforming

Site description doesnt mention that 1)they dont take industry slots 2)they are gone after they did their job

As for feedback,being able to deposit items to hypershunt not in one go would be nice,that is just a lot of dedicated fuel and carrying capacity (15k/20k)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 10:29:56 AM by Stalkar »

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 22, 2021, 11:33:44 AM »

One major grump is that some things conflict with each other,like giving your planet a habitable trait is gonna make it not possible to install mantle bore which is quite important and so on

This mod predates that issue, all the new items added in 0.95 update last April (or updated, harder to use synchrotron core now, and nanoforges cause pollution).  Before that it was just nano forges and synchrotron core, basically.  Same reason why game only has those items for stealing in core worlds, game hasn't yet added more stuff to steal in core worlds for some reason (prolly too busy dealing with skills crisis that just got fixed in the new patch...).  And mod author I guess has pandemic fallout, this mod's maintenance currently underwhelming.  Hope all is well Kentington!

But this mod's primary benefit is that terraforming equipment disappears once complete, doesn't necessarily hang around like other terraforming mod.  So much easier to uninstall.  Just also simpler.

Edit: Sorry, checking your account creation date, you were prolly already aware of this.  Surprisingly few posts though!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 11:36:38 AM by slowpersun »
I wasn't always a Judge...

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 22, 2021, 12:15:10 PM »

But this mod's primary benefit is that terraforming equipment disappears once complete, doesn't necessarily hang around like other terraforming mod.  So much easier to uninstall.  Just also simpler.
Nonono, don't keep false hopes up. A mod adding custom items and conditions -this included- can't be uninstalled without discarding that save (even on a fresh start), at least I couldn't pull it off till the point I realised it's just easier to start a new run. There are very few exceptions in which case the author specifically includes an uninstall script.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 04:28:04 PM by Szasz »

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 22, 2021, 12:30:42 PM »

Nonono, don't keep false hopes up. A mod adding custom items and conditions -this included- can't be uninstalled without discarding that save (even on a fresh start), at least I couldn't pull it off till the point I realised it's just easier to start a new run. There are very few exceptions in which case the author specifically includes an uninstall script.

I mean, player still has to discard all mod related items from inventory and storages, cancel any remaining uncompleted terraforming, and otherwise get rid of anything related to this mod and basically chuck it into sun.  Then save, quit, reload, save, quit, uninstall should work after that.  But no, this mod doesn't contain a literal uninstall script, just should be more capable of uninstallation than other terraforming mod that adds permanent structures/industries.  Not saying issues might still arise though... but this mod doesn't add custom conditions, it just uses vanilla planetary conditions.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 22, 2021, 04:28:29 PM »

... (even on a fresh start) ...
That is starting a new game with the mod and quitting right away to uninstall it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 04:30:11 PM by Szasz »

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 22, 2021, 05:03:57 PM »

... (even on a fresh start) ...
That is starting a new game with the mod and quitting right away to uninstall it.

Forgive me, perhaps I didn't explain this properly.  You can run games with mod incompatibility, just most likely that will crash game (so save is basically lost).  But not always.  If you have basically wiped out all traces of mod (if possible), then save/quit, then save/quit again to be sure, you should be able to uninstall/remove mod, start game and load your mod incompatible save; either it works and you have to just save again real quick to "fix" it (since still might crash later if you keep playing during this period), or you crash game and have to either reload mod to get game back (or just start a new game).  Main issue is player has to be super thorough in removing all mod stuff, which most people aren't, and sometimes isn't possible anyway due to how mod changes game.  Entirely mod dependent which ones you can remove, but basically only utility mods that don't touch certain parts of game.  This mod is basically a utility mod, unlike the other terraforming mod.

Stalkar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 23, 2021, 12:03:55 AM »

Edit: Sorry, checking your account creation date, you were prolly already aware of this.  Surprisingly few posts though!
just usually lurk around with rarely giving feedback

but yes,since thats how the game currently is maybe someday author finds some time

also adding that another major problem mod has is flooding special pools with terraforming items preventing you from getting anything else
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 10:35:12 AM by Stalkar »

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 23, 2021, 12:12:55 AM »

but yes,since thats how the game currently is i think mod should find a way to adapt when author find the time

Yeah, that's a big issue with this mod, prolly biggest necessary fix.  This mod basically still shares same item pool with all the unique colony items, which has like tripled in size since 0.95 dropped.  If you running this mod, finding a corrupted nano forge or synchrotron is difficult, let alone a pristine (but at least you can raid for pristine forge or synchrotron in core, so less of an issue).  Most reasonable fix would be to either split off this mod's item pool (which Kentington is aware of and might do at some point), and/or make it so mod terraforming items ONLY comes from terraforming rig missions (which seems a heavy-handed fix, but prolly less coding under the hood compared to first suggestion).  Here's hoping Kentington ups and drops a fix for Christmas...

Edit: Hah, LOL, you edited your post to talk about the exact thing I did.  Jinx?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 12:14:28 AM by slowpersun »

Stalkar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 23, 2021, 12:22:22 AM »

i think a way to do this is to roll a second dice with a lower chance
aka first one is a guaranteed special where its supposed to spawn,but you have a lower chance to also get DIY special

this is what i had the last time i noted down, like 3:15 ratio
Spoiler
atmospheric mineralizer 3
relay hypertransmitter 2
logistic core 1
stellar reflector core 2
n-brane oscillator core 1
irradiator core 1
atmospheric sublimator 1

fullerene spool 1
soil nanites 1
dealmaker holosuit 1
there are probably some horrible misspellings in there
[close]
you will keep getting terraforming items when you are done with it and want economy booster
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 10:08:54 AM by Stalkar »

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 23, 2021, 12:30:36 AM »

i think a way to do this is to roll a second dice with a lower chance
aka first one is a guaranteed special where its supposed to spawn,but you have a lower chance to also get another special and roll another dice to which special its gonna be

basically this is what i had the last time i had drops noted down which is 2:15  vanilla boosters:other
Spoiler
atmospheric mineraliser 1+1+1
relay hypertransmitter 1
soil nanites 1
logistic core 1
dealmaker holosuit 1
stellar refractor core 1+1+1
n-brane oscillator core 1
irradiator core 1
atmospheric sublimator 1

fullerene spool 1
soil nanites 1

there are probably some horrible misspellings in there
[close]

Maybe, piggybacking an extra (or two?!) special items could work, just seems a recipe to end up with WAY WAY more terraforming items and still no pristine nano forge (plus maybe overly complicated).  Kentington just needs to up and list his items in a separate pool, then RNG whether his pool sometimes overrides vanilla item or is just added on top of vanilla special item (unless terraforming rig mission, that is just normal).

wsdude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 02, 2022, 03:11:45 PM »

Does anyone know where to get the bar quest to make a planet?

Whisena

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 03, 2022, 06:31:33 AM »

Should be from the bar, I haven't encountered one either.

wsdude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 03, 2022, 06:39:48 AM »

Any bar?I'm like max level and have yet to encounter it.

Whisena

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 03, 2022, 07:09:08 AM »

Any bar?I'm like max level and have yet to encounter it.

Yeah, any bar, and I actually just found it this very mmoment. It is an option that will prompt you with something like "Speak to the AI persona" something.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27