Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.95a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!  (Read 382625 times)

Sir Willliam of Uganda

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!
« Reply #210 on: July 08, 2021, 08:01:15 AM »

Found a bug:

Cometary capture doesn't disappear after turning the world Terran and just starts working again eventually hydrating the already Terran world

Klokinator

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 09, 2021, 07:01:10 AM »

Stellar Mirror and Distributor are confusing and make no sense.

So, here I am with a planet that has Low Light and Extreme cold. I have a Stellar Reflector core.

What are the descriptions for these items?

Consider the following:
Stellar Distributor costs 300k. It explicitly says it provides light to the planet, but does not mention heat.
Stellar Mirror costs 450k. It explicitly says it provides heat, but it also says it does so by beaming light onto the planet.

What this confusingly tells me, the player, is that the Stellar Mirror is the souped up, super version of the Distributor. It should provide light AND heat! After all, it literally uses light to heat the planet, so that certainly seems to indicate it will counter low-light, and it costs more, so that would indicate it provides dual-functionality.

What doesn't make sense, however, is that the Distributor only counters light, and the Mirrors only counter heat. That makes zero sense.

So, here are a few solutions.

1. Change the Mirror to say something like "It uses infrared light to warm up a planet, but does not counter low-light conditions, only heat conditions."
2. Make them cost the same, so it's clear the mirror is not just "the Distributor, but better".

Alternately, maybe merge them into one thing? Maybe it would be better to have something that just counters light and cold, since they go hand in hand. It would be kind of weird for you to warm a planet explicitly without light, or with infrared light. Really doesn't make much sense if you think about it.

nocluewhatimdoing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 22, 2021, 03:35:31 PM »

Can this be made to pull a planet together without a present asteroid field using commands, or do accretion disks work too?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 06:32:08 AM by nocluewhatimdoing »

nocluewhatimdoing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 23, 2021, 04:32:08 AM »

I'm also unable to install version 1.0.14 since I'd like to install an artifact in my system that only works with no atmosphere present on a planet

sankarshan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 26, 2021, 10:49:44 AM »

as i was "happy" to find the genesis station (it is part of this mod?)

Spoiler
[close]

is this a normal ordo fleet or special made for this?
i save-scummed this now for uhm 30 times, i skiped it now and will probably never come back...
as i can only bring a max of 2 capitals with literal no support (paragon + remnant cap) (max DP i got was a whooping 124, as the brilliance of 13 lvl 8 ai officers is by far better then my 10 lvl5 ...)
this is quiet impossible to beat.
It seems to be a VERY special fleet...
I solved this the hard (expensive) way - I made a colony nearby, and went to fight this enemy with sheer numbers: I got 44 paragon ships in my fleet, and kept feeding them to the enemy untill they ran out of CR. It took me about 20 paragons, (I lost 14 after recovering) but i managed to beat them.
It is well deserved tho, as it gives you the ability to make a tier 5 planet from asteroid belt/field for a mere 1M credits of hull making...

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 01, 2021, 01:26:02 AM »

So I've been using this in place of boggled's terraforming for a few dozen hours now and my thoughts are more or less as follows.

• The implementation of terraforming cores is fantastic, having to hunt for special cores to terraform worlds makes it far more impactful than just building a structure and pressing a button.
  • The terraforming cores seem to badly dilute the pool of industry items and I find myself sitting on a maddeningly large pile of atmospheric mineralizers while trying to get a catalytic core so I can engage with the hypershunt.
  • The bar quest for terraforming cores is a good middle ground here, if it was harder to find terraforming equipment outside of this quest I'd be pretty happy.
  • The stellar shades/mirrors do not lock into proper orbits and this bothers me far more than it should.
  • I do somewhat miss having to dedicate building slots to terraforming permanently, the trade-off to the core system is that it's much more engaging and meaningful to start terraforming and far easier to terraform down extremely hazardous worlds into paradises. I'd most prefer a compromise system where both a core and building slot are needed to permanently suppress a hazard, if only to rule out 75% hazard terran worlds around neutron stars.
All in all very interesting ideas and implementations, I am excited to see further refinement of the concepts.

DeclanFrost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 01, 2021, 05:22:21 PM »

I'm having issues with irradicators not giving me the option to install the respective core. I've tried having it in storage, in my inventory, etc and still no option to install the irradicator core. I got tired of it and tried just changing the planet through console commands, which works, but doesn't change the planet type. So I'd still much rather do it the legit way, but I can't.

Edit: and now the planet spawned two stellar shades in orbit after completing terraforming.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 05:24:05 PM by DeclanFrost »

Jade Tendency

• Lieutenant
  • Fourth Olympus
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 03, 2021, 02:48:49 AM »

So I've been using this in place of boggled's terraforming for a few dozen hours now and my thoughts are more or less as follows.

• The implementation of terraforming cores is fantastic, having to hunt for special cores to terraform worlds makes it far more impactful than just building a structure and pressing a button.
  • The terraforming cores seem to badly dilute the pool of industry items and I find myself sitting on a maddeningly large pile of atmospheric mineralizers while trying to get a catalytic core so I can engage with the hypershunt.
  • The bar quest for terraforming cores is a good middle ground here, if it was harder to find terraforming equipment outside of this quest I'd be pretty happy.
  • The stellar shades/mirrors do not lock into proper orbits and this bothers me far more than it should.
  • I do somewhat miss having to dedicate building slots to terraforming permanently, the trade-off to the core system is that it's much more engaging and meaningful to start terraforming and far easier to terraform down extremely hazardous worlds into paradises. I'd most prefer a compromise system where both a core and building slot are needed to permanently suppress a hazard, if only to rule out 75% hazard terran worlds around neutron stars.
All in all very interesting ideas and implementations, I am excited to see further refinement of the concepts.

There will be no refinement unless someone else picks up the mod.

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 07, 2021, 02:09:01 AM »

There will be no refinement unless someone else picks up the mod.
Well in that case I retract my statement and say big fuckin RIP to this mod.

Aequitas101

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 08, 2021, 12:18:55 AM »

I have the same issue as DeclanFrost. I build the Irradicator on a Irradiated world. However upon completion I cannot instal the Irradicator core in the terraforming infrastructure.

DeclanFrost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 08, 2021, 11:37:00 AM »

I have the same issue as DeclanFrost. I build the Irradicator on a Irradiated world. However upon completion I cannot instal the Irradicator core in the terraforming infrastructure.

If you have console commands, I've found the fastbuild command works for terraforming structures as well. It finishes the program even without an item. If you wanted to, you could use the command to have all the appropriate effects from terraforming, then just release the irradicator core out into space as a workaround.

Aequitas101

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 09, 2021, 11:32:21 AM »

If you have console commands, I've found the fastbuild command works for terraforming structures as well. It finishes the program even without an item. If you wanted to, you could use the command to have all the appropriate effects from terraforming, then just release the irradicator core out into space as a workaround.

Oh that's a great workaround! Thanks for the tip  ;D

Darktrooper119

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 15, 2021, 08:32:42 PM »

Ive been searching all over and not finding any of the scarred spacer quests since updating to the new version. Is there a compatibility issue that i dont know about with something?

starburst

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 02, 2021, 01:26:14 PM »

I must be an idoit but for the life of me I can't figure out how to deploy or build a stellar mirror !.
It isn't an option to build and I have an extreme cold , in darkness planet and I have a core.
 I've tried adding an atmosphere and even using a fusion lamp first.
I can't work this out

edit: seems to be working in other systems just not this one. I have no idea why. Weird
update: Seems Orbital lfusion lamp is now broken. I must have some mod issues; only explanation I can think of.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 01:55:15 PM by starburst »

Raio_Verusia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 08, 2021, 02:09:52 AM »

I used the mirror and reflector core to strip extreme cold off of my cryovolcanic world and, to my surprise, it is still a cryovolcanic world. Dunno if bug or not, I also used the pump to add breathable atmosphere and can confirm it has the habitable trait but is still a frozen rock.

Edit: Come to think of it, I've got Mining on it, is that preventing it from becoming a water world? I would assume so.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 06:52:12 AM by Raio_Verusia »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27