Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.95a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!  (Read 382621 times)

ZeroXSEED

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2020, 05:39:06 AM »

First of all, HOLY MOLY BATMAN, this mod alone fill me with so much happiness because two factors
1. Can build planets
2. Way to colonize nebula without gimping yourself too much.

With all that said a few question:
1. Does it clash with Boggled's terraforming mod?
2. Is there a way to stop 'natural progression' of planet class change? I mean removing the condition without changing the planet type. I rather like looking at a colorful star system rather than all-terran system even though it's best option.

RedPirateKing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2020, 01:23:04 PM »

With all that said a few question:
1. Does it clash with Boggled's terraforming mod?
2. Is there a way to stop 'natural progression' of planet class change? I mean removing the condition without changing the planet type. I rather like looking at a colorful star system rather than all-terran system even though it's best option.

I can answer your #1 here. I was able to disable boggles terraforming options in that mods settings and it works no problem ( aside from residual assets popping up) you can use the DIY assets and the station building options from boggles mod no problem

Kentington

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2020, 03:54:32 PM »

Ced Riggs: Are you sure that's the right save file? I can't find the planets in question within it. If it is the right file, are you using a mod that alters planet names somehow?

Ced Riggs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2020, 12:02:05 AM »

Ced Riggs: Are you sure that's the right save file?
No, I am (now) sure it's the wrong save file, because I uploaded the wrong file. Here is the right one; apologies.

Kentington

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2020, 08:49:44 AM »

Today's update improves compatibility with Unknown Skies. Now when a terraforming project finishes on an US planet type, it will properly re-evaluate the planet's class.

US planets that have been terraformed before this update will not automatically re-evaluate; you'll need to set "reEvaluateMode" to true in the config file, then visit the planet. You'll see an option to re-evaluate the planet's type. This can also be used to affect certain vanilla planets that didn't conform to the usual planetary condition system - for example, a tundra world without the Cold condition.

---

Ced Riggs: Looks like it's another mod causing your issues with the mouseover. The two conditions you'll want to look at are either deconomics_edict_growth_reinv or hmi_reinforced_condition. Your planets should still be able to change their type via the option above.

Viking8008

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2020, 12:20:01 PM »

Today's update improves compatibility with Unknown Skies. Now when a terraforming project finishes on an US planet type, it will properly re-evaluate the planet's class.

US planets that have been terraformed before this update will not automatically re-evaluate; you'll need to set "reEvaluateMode" to true in the config file, then visit the planet. You'll see an option to re-evaluate the planet's type. This can also be used to affect certain vanilla planets that didn't conform to the usual planetary condition system - for example, a tundra world without the Cold condition.

What about planets added by Kadurs and BDY? Also I think there is some more mods adding spec planets ...

Kentington

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2020, 01:36:53 PM »

I've got an experimental version that uses planet generation categories, rather than the planets themselves, to trigger terraforming changes. It should provide complete compatibility with other mods which add planet types - emphasis on "should." Since I don't play with these other mods, it's difficult to test.

You can get the experimental version here. I'd appreciate any testing the community is able to perform, and will hopefully be able to merge this with the main version once it's confirmed that this works.

Ced Riggs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2020, 02:36:53 PM »

I've got an experimental version that uses planet generation categories, rather than the planets themselves, to trigger terraforming changes.
You're a legend. Will test both the reEval and the experimental mode extensively across the week and report back. Thanks so much.

Ced Riggs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2020, 12:25:56 AM »

- set "reEvaluateMode" to true in the config file, then visit the planet.
You'll see an option to re-evaluate the planet's type.
This can also be used to affect certain vanilla planets that didn't conform to the usual planetary condition system - for example, a tundra world without the Cold condition.
---
Ced Riggs: Your planets should still be able to change their type via the option above.
Tried the current version offered in your first post, set "reEvaluateMode": true, and visited my colonies in question - the stubborn volcanic world, an acid planet, an irradiated planet. I haven't seen an option to ReEval the planet in the colony dialogue, nor in the colony management screen. Where should that button be? Could you show us a screenshot? Would it always be there, even on properly terraformed planets that act as they should?
---
Nevermind, I found it in the experimental version. It's part of the colony dialogue!

I have not seen this option in the stable, despite toggling ReEval on. I assume the [DEV] and null. is part of the experimental mod's experimentalinessitude.

Using the ReEval works like a charm, and all my stubborn volcanic/barren colonies are now desert worlds. Y'maybe ought to give a hint that ReEval works in steps and multiple clicks may be necessary if the terraform-chain got stuck down the lane. After roughly three clicks, I was all good, though. I am getting the waterhose as we speak, working those newly-minted deserts along. Additionally, this new change allowed me to add atmosphere and soil and all the good things to an acid, turning it into a desert world, too. Since acid has no unique qualifier, that change seemed reasonable; remove the acidic atmosphere, and you're golden. Same with barren-bombarded, just acted like bombarded and worked all goodly. The only planet I have not been able to interact with further so far is Irradiated, although it has no other negative factors and ostensibly has atmosphere and nice temperature. Not entirely sure if and how you can handle that one, barring Unknown Skies adding something or the Enviro Agency working on this one, too...
---
Will test further and start a new game, looking for weird planets to terraform. Metallic, artificial... I'll make it sexy.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 12:28:26 AM by Ced Riggs »

Ced Riggs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2020, 12:21:24 PM »

Alright!

After about a week of testing the DIYPlanets [DEV] build, here's my report!

1) Preexisting Saves
It's save-compatible, and does not create bugs/issues with existing worlds, nor does it cause problems with new colonies. Seems to mesh seamlessly, as one might hope for. The ReEval option works flawlessly, and has saved all of my stuck colonies, and also worked on every Unknown Skies planet I colonized before, including Acid Worlds, Toxic Worlds, but not Irradiated Worlds. There seems to be no help for those.

2) New Games!
Almost flawless. I needed the ReEval tool to force a stuck barren-desert to desert transition, otherwise it just went from one step to the next without a stoppage like before. The "stuck" world in question was from a Genesis-created Barren World, and is now on the way to a Terran paradise, with that little snag. Not sure if the ReEval is needed in such a prominent menu position in this version, though; at least not in the colony dialog this far up. You may want to consider putting it into the "Special functions" menu, if Nexelerin allows additional items to be injected.

Thanks so much. I absolutely love this mod, and it's really augmenting my experience.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 12:39:23 AM by Ced Riggs »

Goat Machine Broke

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2020, 03:16:40 PM »

First of all I'm loving this mod and I've had no issues so far.
But now I have a problem a desert world that I'm trying to terraform already has the "habitable" condition but when I build the water collection structure and the project finishes it doesn't get turned into a terran world it just gets the condition "hydrated" i already tried removing that condition and re-hydrating the planet but it results in the same issue, the same goes for deleting "habitable" and adding "no atmosphere"

Any help is greatly appreciated!

This was posted back in March and had no answer that I can see. Now having the same problem with a cometary collection structure. It's "Hydrated" my desert world 3 times now to no effect. The tooltip says that the world will be compatible with terran life once the "atmosphere is established," except the world has a full atmosphere. Can't quite remember if it spawned like that or if I terraformed the atmosphere in too.

Only mod i'm running that messes with colonies is "Better Colonies".

I should mention that i already tried using the reevaluate dev option, but it didn't change the planet at all. Anyone having something similar happen? Mod is great so far just need to get through this snag. I would appreciate any help with this issue.

Kentington

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2020, 03:27:50 PM »

Thanks for the testing, everyone! The new version should hopefully address all discovered issues - please let me know if it does not.

Goat Machine Broke

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2020, 04:30:48 PM »

Thanks for the testing, everyone! The new version should hopefully address all discovered issues - please let me know if it does not.

And so it did! Awesome work and thank you.

Freyze

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2020, 08:52:13 AM »

Uh i have a problem with Adjusted sector, idk if its caused by your mod but i don't have the colonize option on a massive amount of planets and it was the same with Grand sector :'(

GrandLabyrinth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2020, 01:55:36 AM »

So, apparently Scalartech's Jungle homeworld has a bit of a problem with this mod. I crashed when I tried to Evaluate it.

424089 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Spec of class [com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.procgen.PlanetGenDataSpec] with id [jungle_charkha] not found
java.lang.RuntimeException: Spec of class [com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.procgen.PlanetGenDataSpec] with id [jungle_charkha] not found
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 03:14:36 AM by GrandLabyrinth »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27