Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.95a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!  (Read 382642 times)

Jastebro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!
« Reply #180 on: April 29, 2021, 12:25:41 AM »

Would be neat if the genepurge building (or an upgraded version of it) also could deal with parasitic spores or psychedelic fungus, along with inimical biosphere.
The other terraforming mod handles this with domed cities.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 12:27:36 AM by Jastebro »

erikem

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 03, 2021, 06:09:52 AM »

Is there a way to remove "water" from planet so it becomes terran or something?

Rararara

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 03, 2021, 11:15:34 AM »

Is the Cometary Capture Infrastructure supposed to go on forever? I've built them on Chicomoztoc and Coatl, equipped an alpha AI core on both. Both planets have the "Hydrated" modifier, yet the Cometary Capture Infrastructure didn't shut itself off and keeps going. On Chico it completed twice and is now going for a 3rd time. I forgot what the planet's initial state are, but now they are both Terran Worlds.

Edit: After shutting down the project, it no longer shows as a possible thing to build, so it does its job fine except for the self-deletion at the end of the job.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 11:30:38 AM by Rararara »

Lorebot

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 03, 2021, 03:08:01 PM »

Does removing the atmosphere from a planet with Atmospheric Removal tech also remove extreme weather modifiers? AFAIK without an atmosphere a planet shouldn't really have weather at all...at least not in the way the game is implying with hurricanes and cyclones and stuff.

Can you potentially turn a gas giant into a terran world by removing its dense atmosphere/high gravity and building terraforming infrastructure on it?

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 05, 2021, 03:03:30 AM »

Good day. Sorry for using google translate.

Hi, there are a few questions about using the mod.
1 How to make a water world? Built Water Capture Infrastructure and waited several cycles. The planet acquired the planetary conditions "Hydrated" and did not begin to turn into a water world. And so you want lobsters and break the monopoly on the supply of Sindrian Diktat.
2 What needs to be done to add resources when changing the planet type? For example, the desert world vryatly has organic matter, but if the world has already been transformed into Terran - how to add an oragnik to it?
3 The mod has the ability to "delete" deposits transplutonic. What about the ability to add or expand deposits? For example, a special building for organizing the extraction of deep deposits (a many-kilometer crater) or transporting meters to production (the same as what the Water Capture Infrastructure does, but bring meteors rich in deposits to the planet into orbit).
4 How to add extreme heat? I would like to use a vanilla cryoarihmetic engine, but sometimes there is no suitable planet in the system. How about using Stellar Mirror to "warm up" the planet? Or, for example, how to "wake up" volcanoes so that the temperature warms up from their constant activity?

yuyush

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 05, 2021, 05:28:49 AM »

Hello,

first off thank you for this great mod.

But Im quiet confused, when it comes to Items, how do I use em? (Items for Removing/Adding things for planets)

How do I actually Terraform?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 06:48:33 AM by yuyush »

Bainin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 05, 2021, 08:22:05 AM »

Run into a issue witht he mod, i want to remove radiation from a planet via a irradiation core, but the building demands a terraforming core instead which im pretty sure is another item that is much more rare and its supossed to do something else

0wolfmoon0

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 05, 2021, 05:34:35 PM »

Run into a issue witht he mod, i want to remove radiation from a planet via a irradiation core, but the building demands a terraforming core instead which im pretty sure is another item that is much more rare and its supossed to do something else
Same issue here. I have an irradiator core, but the structure that removes transplutonics does not accept it as the correct core type. Currently cannot remove transplutonics from this planet, though in my case I would be doing better to just pick a different nearby planet. Still, would be ideal if this could be fixed.

I can also say that it does not accept atmospheric mineralizers or weather manipulation cores as the correct core type, so if the issue is that the ore removal structure is just not set to the right core, it isn't any of those. I'll update if it ends up accepting a different core.

0wolfmoon0

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 05, 2021, 08:16:02 PM »

Good day. Sorry for using google translate.

Hi, there are a few questions about using the mod.
1 How to make a water world? Built Water Capture Infrastructure and waited several cycles. The planet acquired the planetary conditions "Hydrated" and did not begin to turn into a water world. And so you want lobsters and break the monopoly on the supply of Sindrian Diktat.
2 What needs to be done to add resources when changing the planet type? For example, the desert world vryatly has organic matter, but if the world has already been transformed into Terran - how to add an oragnik to it?
3 The mod has the ability to "delete" deposits transplutonic. What about the ability to add or expand deposits? For example, a special building for organizing the extraction of deep deposits (a many-kilometer crater) or transporting meters to production (the same as what the Water Capture Infrastructure does, but bring meteors rich in deposits to the planet into orbit).
4 How to add extreme heat? I would like to use a vanilla cryoarihmetic engine, but sometimes there is no suitable planet in the system. How about using Stellar Mirror to "warm up" the planet? Or, for example, how to "wake up" volcanoes so that the temperature warms up from their constant activity?

1 Water worlds need to be made from rocky ice or cryovolcanic planets. They become water worlds by removing the "cold" or "extreme cold" modifiers. Water Capture Infrastructure just turns desert planets into jungle, arid, or tundra worlds.
2 You cannot add resources to planets in most cases. If the planet does not start with ores, organics, or volatiles, they cannot be added. The only exception I can think of is that you can create a new barren planet with a Genesis device and that starts with some volatiles, organics, and a ton of ores, including transplutonics, but that only works because you are creating a new planet, not terraforming an old one.
3 You cannot do this, but your idea for capturing meteors rich in deposits is interesting and might be worth considering. Currently, though, you cannot.
4 You can't warm a planet directly, but you can convert a gas giant into a brown dwarf by inserting an N Brane Oscillator into it (you cannot do this on a planet you have already colonized, it must be done to an uncolonized gas giant). This will heat all the planets in the system a little bit. Extreme cold planets become cold planets, cold planets become regular temperature, regular planets become hot, and hot planets get extreme heat. If your system has a gas giant in it you can heat a normal planet to become hot or a hot planet to become extremely hot. Please remember that doing this heats ALL of the planets in the system, so if you have planets that you don't want heated, you will heat them up.

afarina1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 06, 2021, 07:44:27 AM »

Same issue here. I have an irradiator core, but the structure that removes transplutonics does not accept it as the correct core type. Currently cannot remove transplutonics from this planet, though in my case I would be doing better to just pick a different nearby planet. Still, would be ideal if this could be fixed.

I can also say that it does not accept atmospheric mineralizers or weather manipulation cores as the correct core type, so if the issue is that the ore removal structure is just not set to the right core, it isn't any of those. I'll update if it ends up accepting a different core.

ditto  :-[

ASSIMKO

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 06, 2021, 03:11:47 PM »

I would like to know how do I find these artifacts or where do I find these artifacts.

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 06, 2021, 09:46:30 PM »

Anywhere you would find colony items, so mining stations, research stations, and ruins mainly. The bar quest the mod adds always gives at least 1, sometimes you get 2 or a colony item, and you can salvage afterwards for a chance of another.

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 06, 2021, 11:23:02 PM »

1 Water worlds need to be made from rocky ice or cryovolcanic planets. They become water worlds by removing the "cold" or "extreme cold" modifiers. Water Capture Infrastructure just turns desert planets into jungle, arid, or tundra worlds.
2 You cannot add resources to planets in most cases. If the planet does not start with ores, organics, or volatiles, they cannot be added. The only exception I can think of is that you can create a new barren planet with a Genesis device and that starts with some volatiles, organics, and a ton of ores, including transplutonics, but that only works because you are creating a new planet, not terraforming an old one.

Good day. Thanks for answers. Again, I want to note - the modification is amazing, the quality does not differ from the main game.

1 On the issue of the aquatic planet - founded a colony on the cryovolcanic world, terraformed and received the aquatic world. Cool! Now I can trade in lobsters, but there is a small question ... why is it possible to build "Farming" on the planet instead of "Aquaculture"? Moreover, according to the logic - the planet becomes habitable, animals and plants start up in it ... how about organic matter? This does not seem to contradict logic. The same question when terraforming a planet from a desert world to a Terran one - we also add plants, animals, and so on - it seems that there should also be organic matter. 2 A small question about aesthetics. Is this how stellar mirrors and shaders should be positioned? Now the mirrors are located on the wrong side - they do not in any way increase the amount of light on the planet, and the shader is already shading the dark side, I apologize for the tautology. Is it possible to unfold mirrors, for example, as in the following image (Mirrors and shaders at the planet Eventide)? Looks beautiful.

Aratoop

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 07, 2021, 03:35:04 AM »

1 On the issue of the aquatic planet - founded a colony on the cryovolcanic world, terraformed and received the aquatic world. Cool! Now I can trade in lobsters, but there is a small question ... why is it possible to build "Farming" on the planet instead of "Aquaculture"? Moreover, according to the logic - the planet becomes habitable, animals and plants start up in it ... how about organic matter? This does not seem to contradict logic. The same question when terraforming a planet from a desert world to a Terran one - we also add plants, animals, and so on - it seems that there should also be organic matter.

My understanding is that "organics" isn't any organic matter, but is basically oil/coal and so on, which is why some places have more or less of it despite being habitable and presumably having large ecosystems, and why a desert world can have more organics to mine than a terran world with mild climate
The community's response to a change is inversely proportional to its importance.

What do you call a dog who's a magician? A labracadabra

PersistantFlame

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 07, 2021, 07:24:43 PM »

Small question:

How do you terraform Desert worlds into Arid worlds?

All my attempts with the water capture structure only led to the other world types - cold leads to Tundra, no temperature condition/normal temperature led to Terran and hot led to Jungle. Is there something I am missing here?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27