Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.95a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!  (Read 382697 times)

frozentoes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!
« Reply #150 on: April 18, 2021, 10:50:37 AM »

Bug report:

I colonize Mika in the Scalartech home system (Spindle) and things are fine, but when I try to build on the planet, the game CTD. Literally 'press A to add industry' and poof:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Spec of class [com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.procgen.PlanetGenDataSpec] with id [barren_mika] not found
    at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.super(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getSpec(Unknown Source)
    at kentington.diyplanets.WaterReceiver.isAvailableToBuild(WaterReceiver.java:46)
    at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.updateTable(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.createUI(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryListPanel.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.ui.k.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)

I'm running a lot of mods but relevant ones probably include DIY planets, IndEvo (I updated the shadow patch already) and obviously, ScalarTech. I flew to a neighboring system and could colonize and open the industry menu with no problems.

Is the issue here DIY trying to match a planet type used by Scalartech to force certain conditions in its home system during procgen? Is the water receiver check missing a null check or a default condition on failure?

Or should I go report this to Nia_Tahl in Scalartech?

More info available on request (easier if you DM me on the unofficial Discord - I am 'Neadlak')

dude577

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 18, 2021, 12:56:38 PM »

After using the Genesis Ship, the asteroids field still respawns and i have so many dmods from them xD
Any way to fix this ?
Thanks for the mod!

garfu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 19, 2021, 06:32:03 AM »

Great mod.

Any plans to include the source within the download?

ArneHD

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 19, 2021, 08:00:24 AM »

I think I found a bug where farmland will only improve 1 step when going directly from Arid to Terran, when presumably it should improve by 2 steps.

Also, given the presence of things like fusion lamps and the solar array in the new update, have you considered using these as part of your mod? The Solar Array condition would be cool to have for instance.

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 19, 2021, 09:48:39 PM »

I did some terraforming that went a bit odd.

It was a volcanic planet with extreme tectonic, extreme heat, and toxic atmosphere. With atmosphere removal now available, I wanted to turn it into a plain atmosphere-less barren planet for industry. (Because it had double ultrarich ores.) I removed tectonic first, then heat, then toxic atmosphere. Then I intended to remove any remaining atmosphere.

What I expected to happen, with each modification:

Volcanic -> Volcanic -> Toxic -> Barren-desert -> Barren

Instead what happened:

Volcanic -> Volcanic -> Barren (but with toxic atmosphere) -> Desert (habitable) -> Can't proceed because removing atmosphere from habitable planets is not allowed.

It's odd to me for three reasons:

* I believe that barren planets have no atmosphere by definition, as generated. That's why I expected it to be a toxic planet. But it ended up barren with a toxic atmosphere, which doesn't really make sense considering the description and appearance of barren planets.
* The description for atmospheric filters says that it converts toxins into inert, non-breathable gasses. But completing it created a breathable atmosphere. I felt like I skipped a step there somehow. Maybe it makes sense if we just assume there was oxygen around already, but it did trap me into habitability.
* I believe my plan would have worked if I had done the steps in a different order, possibly removing the atmosphere before removing the heat making it go directly from volcanic to atmosphere-less barren. Feels like an unpleasant gotcha that it depends on order.

I'm not suggesting any particular changes, but I'm sharing the experience, because it doesn't seem like it worked as intended.

(Also, probably a bug: Integration Corps gives the growth bonus before it's done building.)

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 20, 2021, 07:24:16 AM »

I did some terraforming that went a bit odd.

It was a volcanic planet with extreme tectonic, extreme heat, and toxic atmosphere. With atmosphere removal now available, I wanted to turn it into a plain atmosphere-less barren planet for industry. (Because it had double ultrarich ores.) I removed tectonic first, then heat, then toxic atmosphere. Then I intended to remove any remaining atmosphere.

What I expected to happen, with each modification:

Volcanic -> Volcanic -> Toxic -> Barren-desert -> Barren

Instead what happened:

Volcanic -> Volcanic -> Barren (but with toxic atmosphere) -> Desert (habitable) -> Can't proceed because removing atmosphere from habitable planets is not allowed.

It's odd to me for three reasons:

* I believe that barren planets have no atmosphere by definition, as generated. That's why I expected it to be a toxic planet. But it ended up barren with a toxic atmosphere, which doesn't really make sense considering the description and appearance of barren planets.
* The description for atmospheric filters says that it converts toxins into inert, non-breathable gasses. But completing it created a breathable atmosphere. I felt like I skipped a step there somehow. Maybe it makes sense if we just assume there was oxygen around already, but it did trap me into habitability.
* I believe my plan would have worked if I had done the steps in a different order, possibly removing the atmosphere before removing the heat making it go directly from volcanic to atmosphere-less barren. Feels like an unpleasant gotcha that it depends on order.

I'm not suggesting any particular changes, but I'm sharing the experience, because it doesn't seem like it worked as intended.

(Also, probably a bug: Integration Corps gives the growth bonus before it's done building.)

Reason I skipped this mod a year ago. Though I did not test it, just looked at the planet class listing in the mod description and the structures and assumed the mod can not handle every vanilla (not to mention modded) planet well so I chose boggled's terraforming mod that also provided the invaluable option to construct stations and gates. Ironic that the 0.95 update did not treat that well and he has to rethink the logic of terraforming and his whole work put into gates is now obsolete. :(

However what you want to do is possible, just consider the limitations of the mod and read how it treats planet classes.
You are right about the mod making a mistake by magically creating breathable atmosphere but I think there is a separate structure for atmosphere removal and the items for these two are indeed confusing.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2021, 10:31:03 AM »

There is this structure that is supposed to remove rare ores from a planet, it's name escapes me, maybe it was something like Irradiator?
No idea why would anyone wants to do that but it does not accept any domain-era artefact for its completion, may we get a fix for that?

And please remove any reference from the description regarding uninstall, it doesn't not seem doable.

frozentoes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2021, 01:55:34 AM »

The irradicator core is an item you find in exploration, which goes into a certain structure you can build. The combination of structure + time with the item slotted changes the planet. The item is consumed. There is a vanilla item that enhances farming but only on worlds without transplutonic metals, so having a habitable + farm + NO transplutonics is now desirable

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 21, 2021, 03:04:44 AM »

The irradicator core is an item you find in exploration, which goes into a certain structure you can build. The combination of structure + time with the item slotted changes the planet. The item is consumed.
I read how the cores are supposed to work. Every structure functions as intended, but this one. Went through the mod files to see the drops, added in all of them just in case, still no item appeared in the install pop-up menu.
There is a vanilla item that enhances farming but only on worlds without transplutonic metals, so having a habitable + farm + NO transplutonics is now desirable
Dang, that just made a whole bunch of planets I came across good colony candidates. The new system is a mess and feels like cheap sci-fi. Thanks for the info.

Bob69Joe

• Lieutenant
  • Steam: Herr Derrierr with the tiger picture
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 21, 2021, 12:58:08 PM »

So what happens to the maps? Does space get updated with warp gates, and warping directly into new brown stars, and what about nebulas that get brown stars?
The map doesn't get updated (Or at least, it didn't in .91, just updating to .95 now.), so if you turn a Brown Dwarf into a star you have to remember not to use that jump point. However, it also does far less damage than other stars and you warp in near the edge, so it does bugger all damage even to large fleets. I just tanked the damage and accepted it as a cost.
Any chance it's possible? I'd love to see nebulas get transformed into star systems. Considering that the gravity well of a nebula is probably strongest among the gas giants, I'd guess that it would be reasonable to assume that the planets remain intact, but it'd require a whole rewriting of the map so that they begin to orbit. Then there's the matter of updating the hyperspace map to include new warp gates. :)
Search = 'site:cakravartin.com Hermetic Tradition'

c37blader

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 21, 2021, 11:43:22 PM »

Hello, thank you for this wonderful mod! Something I have noticed...

You have to remove tectonic activity from cryovolcanic worlds to turn them into water, not just remove the extreme cold. I'm not sure this makes sense, since melting the ice would turn the surface into water whether there is tectonic activity or not. Also, upon the world becoming a water world, I was able to build farming instead of aquaculture, which seems like an oversight since vanilla water worlds use the aquaculture industry, not farming.

Also, every vanilla water world in the game (I think) has organics. I was really hoping turning it into a water world would create organics of some kind, but no such luck. Maybe this should be automatically added? Or maybe add another project to fill the oceans with life after making it a water world?

Fenrir

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 21, 2021, 11:54:52 PM »

Bug report:
After activating the genesis and create a planet from asteroid ring of a gas giant with an asteroid ring AND a dust ring, the dust ring disappeared with the asteroid ring but its ICON is still in the map screen and so do its effects. It seems that Genesis intended to preserve the dust ring and its function but cleared its sprite by mistake. By the way I wanted a gas giant with multiple moon with a dust ring so much :-[
*cough* try tossing the PK into a black hole *cough*

DecayedBit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 22, 2021, 04:23:50 AM »

Pollution incurred by installation of nanoforges is not removable by Environmental Agency. As soon as the project is finished, pollution is reapplied instantly with its full hazard rating.

I am having same issue with pollution not being removed after the Env Center completes its cycle.
However, I am using a pristine nanoforge which shouldn't leave pollution to begin with, unless this was recently changed.

Love the mod tho', hope Kensington keeps updating it.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 05:18:50 AM by DecayedBit »

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 22, 2021, 04:28:26 AM »

Pollution incurred by installation of nanoforges is not removable by Environmental Agency. As soon as the project is finished, pollution is reapplied instantly with its full hazard rating.

I am having same issue with pollution not being removed after the Env Center completes its cycle.
However, I am using a pristine nanoforge which shouldn't leave pollution to begin with, unless this was recently changed.

Love the mod tho', hope Kensington keeps updating it.
Read the description of pristine forge. It says it adds pollution to habitable worlds.

DecayedBit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 22, 2021, 05:30:53 AM »

Read the description of pristine forge. It says it adds pollution to habitable worlds.

Ah ok, so it does, I cannot read apparently.
From the save file I have gleaned it stores some relevant values;
Spoiler
<permaPollution>true</permaPollution>
<addedPollution>true</addedPollution>
<daysWithNanoforge>165.03838</daysWithNanoforge>
[close]
It checks days and applies the pollution after a set time and even later applies permanent flag. Not much use changing anything here.
However if one would be hellbent on offsetting the penalty you could mod the base value of that particular colony;
Spoiler
<hazard z="79927" b="0.0" m="0.75">
<fMs z="79928" s="haz_base" d="Base value" v="1.0"></fMs>
<fMs z="79929" s="habitable_2594cb" d="Habitable" v="-0.25"></fMs>
<fMs z="79930" s="mild_climate_3dbc59" d="Mild Climate" v="-0.25"></fMs>
<fMs z="79931" s="pollution_80a8e2" d="Pollution" v="0.25"></fMs>
</hazard>
[close]
Setting it to b="-0.25" seems to do the trick.
Better to make a proper mod tho...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27