Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.95a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!  (Read 382651 times)

Michihiri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!
« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2021, 08:07:48 AM »

Was wondering if you can just shut down the terraforming structures after completing the terraforming

Khornaar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2021, 12:56:54 PM »

Funny little bug i've encountered after adding DYI mid-playtrough (not sure if it's important).
After receiving a quest to deliver AI to Genesis station, I've killed the defenders and after ship recovery window I could exit the dialogue.
Spoiler
[close]
After leaving the dialogue I've had to engage defenders again. Rinse and repeat. Infinite Remnant farm. It's not game-breaking (defenders are roughly equivalent to Ordo fleet in high-danger system), but I don't think it's intentional. :P

« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 01:03:26 PM by Khornaar »
Non-native English speaker. Please, excuse me if I butcher it.

Yorith

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2021, 06:04:37 PM »

The default for reEvaluateMode is on true in the config and it was showing on every Planet.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 06:23:51 PM by Yorith »

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2021, 02:13:25 AM »

ironically, with the introduction of many of the new "gadgets" for colonies, you kind of WANT certain hazard modifiers on your planets (which i acutally hate btw, they are rare enough to get, and yet are extremly conditional on where you can acutally use them)

(looking at you extreme hot/no atmosphere)

do you have plans for certain tools that would allow planets to be intentionally made hazardous in certain ways? (like the brown star ignition for example)

Bob69Joe

• Lieutenant
  • Steam: Herr Derrierr with the tiger picture
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2021, 07:29:52 PM »

So what happens to the maps? Does space get updated with warp gates, and warping directly into new brown stars, and what about nebulas that get brown stars?
Search = 'site:cakravartin.com Hermetic Tradition'

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 08, 2021, 10:29:07 AM »

another question, is there a way to remove the "reevaluate planet class" option?

screws with my muscle memory HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD

ah nvm, its a new config
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 10:35:23 AM by Maethendias »

5ColouredWalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2021, 12:37:40 AM »

So what happens to the maps? Does space get updated with warp gates, and warping directly into new brown stars, and what about nebulas that get brown stars?
The map doesn't get updated (Or at least, it didn't in .91, just updating to .95 now.), so if you turn a Brown Dwarf into a star you have to remember not to use that jump point. However, it also does far less damage than other stars and you warp in near the edge, so it does bugger all damage even to large fleets. I just tanked the damage and accepted it as a cost.

Was wondering if you can just shut down the terraforming structures after completing the terraforming
The structures automatically delete themselves once complete if you provided them the item. Otherwise they sit at half completion having reduced the hazard by half.

I'm also going to second the request for being able to give planets hazards (Beyond igniting Dwarves near planets to increase heat). Particularly for reduced gravity, I'll happily take the hazard for bonus access.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 12:39:27 AM by 5ColouredWalker »

Khornaar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2021, 04:48:26 AM »

I've noticed uneven distribution between new Colony items and Mod Terraforming items (heavily favoring terraforming items).
It also affects Tech mining.
To further test that I've set "techMiningDecay" from 0.95 to 10.95.
Here's the results after few months:
Spoiler

[close]

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2021, 04:49:17 AM »

I've noticed uneven distribution between new Colony items and Mod Terraforming items (heavily favoring terraforming items).
Spoiler

[close]

DAYUM, dem nanoforges

Khornaar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2021, 05:28:42 AM »

DAYUM, dem nanoforges
That's equivalent output of a tens of thousands, maybe even hundreds of thousands Vast ruins per month.
Btw, after lagging for solid 10 minutes (my PC is far from new).
Spoiler
[close]

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2021, 05:37:02 AM »

Spoiler

[close]
Oh, gods...
That 0.95 represents a 5% deterioration of available items in the ruins, compounded per month. Its supposed to slowly deplete.
You switched it to -995% deterioration, which basically 895% increase, compounded every month. You made your techmining infinite and very silly.

Khornaar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2021, 06:06:22 AM »

Spoiler

[close]
Oh, gods...
That 0.95 represents a 5% deterioration of available items in the ruins, compounded per month. Its supposed to slowly deplete.
You switched it to -995% deterioration, which basically 895% increase, compounded every month. You made your techmining infinite and very silly.
Yes, i've switched it to increase output ~11 times each month. This is absolutely cheats. But, that's the whole point of testing isn't? The bigger test sample is, the better are results. That way any "unlucky"/"lucky" streak is mitigated.

Upon further testing, with DYI disabled, it seems like something is broken in vanilla loot tables:
New game, many mods
[close]
New game, many mods, minus IndEvo(not that it matters).
[close]
New game, Console Commands only
[close]

Alpha core used as measuring stick.
I'm obviously cannot explore whole sector every time, so it's theoretically possible that it's intentional that Tech-mining disfavors Colony items overall, but it doesn't explain overabundance of Synchrotrons and Corrupted forges.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 07:30:57 AM by Khornaar »

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2021, 06:07:53 AM »

Spoiler

[close]
Oh, gods...
Yes, i've switched it to increase output ~11 times each month. This is absolutely cheats. But, that's the whole point of testing isn't? The bigger test sample is, the better are results.
And judging by the looks of it, pristine forges might be bugged on the drop tables... >.>
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2021, 08:53:07 AM »

Nope, they are just that rare - but DIY really needs to clean up the tables, since the weights changed in vanilla, they are way overtuned.
It would honestly be best if there were just two or three summary groups for the terraforming items, with additional weighing done inside those groups via rarity, since items have become so much more important.

Kentington

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2021, 01:11:25 PM »

So, after some digging, it looks like the techmining_first_find group is responsible for this wild imbalance. All vanilla industry artifacts except the synchrotron core/corrupted nanoforge/AI cores appear only in the rare_tech and rare_tech_low drop groups, but these three also show up in techmining_first_find, which as the name implies is only used by early techmining rolls. Tech-mining can occasionally trigger rare_tech_low, which is where the other vanilla artifacts are coming from.

It may or may not be an accident that only the pre-0.95a artifacts are easily acquired through tech-mining - I've asked Alex to weigh in on the matter and when I hear back I'll change the drop tables in accordance with vanilla's intent. Thanks for looking into this matter, Khornaar!

The next version will also include a method for adding "no atmosphere" and "low gravity" to planets, removing "irradiated," and removing rare ores from farming worlds.

Shameless plug: If you're looking for a lore-friendly way to increase your perfectly terraformed colony to size 7, a questline from my new mod Beyond The Sector might be just the thing. :)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27