Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Bounty ended" or how bounty target suicides and you lose your time and money  (Read 1736 times)

paragonid

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I went to remote system to hunt a personal bounty early game. Bounty target decided to fight remnant fragment consisting out of 2 ships. I can not participate or change the outcome. Bounty target dies, "bounty ends" and I lose my time, money and potential reward.

This isn't ok. I would fight both of them in the same time if needed, or I should be able to claim the reward by being in range of the bounty when it dies.

Spoiler
[close]

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Happened to me on a few occasions. Considering that Remnants can spawn in systems without beacons, but close to them, it would be nice if the player could steal the credit from AI fleets. You, as the player, might not have defeated the bounty, but the bureaucrats in the core systems most likely see just "the player goes in, the bounty dies, the player goes out" and it's easy enough to connect the dots.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Have bounty fleets destroyed in this manner drop a 'loot' item which the player can then retrieve and turn in for credit.
Just make it stand out, like flashing lights an an emergency beacon or something so the player can instantly identify that there's something worth looking at here.

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile

Have bounty fleets destroyed in this manner drop a 'loot' item which the player can then retrieve and turn in for credit.
Just make it stand out, like flashing lights an an emergency beacon or something so the player can instantly identify that there's something worth looking at here.

+1 Solid solution.

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Doesn't have to be flashing lights; the yellow exclamation mark used for bounty fleets is perfectly suitable for an itme you have to pick up afterwards.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Did:
Person bounties: will now pay out if the target is destroyed by another fleet but the player is nearby