Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Spriter seeking someone to collaborate with. (I sprite like a monkey on crack)  (Read 10116 times)

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile

looking to create a faction, offering to make exclusive sprites, also can code variants and ship hulls.

make me a proposal and I'll consider it.

rough outline of number of ships to be made.

1 planet
1 moon

3 fighters
4 frigates
3 destroyers
2 cruisers
2 capships

my portfolio
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 10:48:42 AM by medikohl »
"Captain! You can't call our greatest dreadnought 'The Parrot'"
"Watch me"
Spiral Arms: Ship Sprites for Everyone

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile

images uploaded
"Watch me"

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile

will make more once I get some sort of response
"Watch me"

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Jeezus Christ, those are some EPIC sprites, man.  Too bad I've next to no modding experience, so no work from me. :-\
+1, though, for the epicness.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Jeezus Christ, those are some EPIC sprites, man.  Too bad I've next to no modding experience, so no work from me. :-\
+1, though, for the epicness.
thank you. now you need to put two dollars into the epic jar. only you can prevent it from being the new "awesome"
"Watch me"

SCore

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Nice ships man! I love them, but I too do not know that much about modding. I only know how to make ships and add them into the game. So sorry but the ships are still cool.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Nice looking ships, though, err, maybe it's just me, but they look like they might end up a tad bit overpowered... Like, that top one appears to have 3 (!) large weapon mounts on a roughly destroyer sized hull...
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Durendal5150

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

What are you looking for in a collaborator exactly? I can write fluff and ship/fleet doctrine like nobodies business, but I'm not the best coder in the world by any stretch of the imagination.

I do on the other hand, know someone else who just got into modding Starfarer as well; and he's a lot more proficient in the scripty bits than I am. Maybe we can form a triad of sorts?

Kahabut

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I have been kicking around the idea of using the Isaac Asimov Foundation series as a back story for a new set of factions.  Importantly, I want to use as much of the starfarer story as possible, so my idea was essentially to insert the Foundation, and Empire factions, into the already existing collapsed society of Starfarer.  If you've read the books, it's a good fit.    It would look something like this.

Foundation (early)Before complete collapse
Large ships with mostly Ballistic weapons and awesome flux control.

Foundation (late) 400 years after collapse (I know, the timeline doesn't fit starfarer)
Smaller ships, super well armed with energy/ballistic combos.  super fast. 

Foundation (Epoch) 600+ years later
Super small ships (cruisers in destroyer hulls and such).  Alarmingly advanced weapons and flux and engines.  (have to find a weak spot to insert here somewhere). 

Empire (early) pre-collapse
SHIPS OF THE LINE  Massive ships with mega armor and huge guns.  Slow and powerful (kinda like heg ships now).

Empire (late) After collapse
The empire ships of the line have been hacked up, refitted and sent out to fight again.  New weapons, some new engines, maybe even a shield generator.  These ships are kinda similar to junk yard ships in that they are pieces of other ships all mashed into a working new model.  Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

Empire (2nd empire) 1000+ years later
Effectively take Epoch era Foundation ships and make them HUGE.  The kind of absurd ships that could only be built be a star empire claiming millions of worlds and their resources. 

At least, that's the rough plan I've been thinking on.  If anyone wants to use this idea, I give it to you freely.  If you want to do the art, while I help with the rest, I'd be interested in an arrangement like that too.

JP161

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Awesome sprites man!

I've just got into Starfarer modding and only done a couple ships, so propably not much help for you there. :<

But damn those are wicked sprites. :D

TernNeon

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I have the same question as Durendal5150: what exactly are you looking for in a collaborator?

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I have the same question as Durendal5150: what exactly are you looking for in a collaborator?
I'm looking for someone who has a good grasp of coding, but would rather have someone else make sprites that match the games current art style. I can assist with making the variant and ship files, but I lack the tools and understanding to implement them into the game.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Watch me"

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile

You really ought to try implementing your ships fully, medi. I say this for the simple reason that it is remarkably easy, and I think you've got it into your head that it's hard. Have you given it an honest try? Making the  sprite, and associated .ship is seriously 90% of the work man. All you have to do is throw some balance values into the ship data csv and make a test mission to playtest them with. There are no shortage of reference data to use for this, because the mods follow a structure identical to the base game. It's like super-easy bro.

Give it a try, and join the modding brethren! You're with friends!

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile

You really ought to try implementing your ships fully, medi. I say this for the simple reason that it is remarkably easy, and I think you've got it into your head that it's hard. Have you given it an honest try? Making the  sprite, and associated .ship is seriously 90% of the work man. All you have to do is throw some balance values into the ship data csv and make a test mission to playtest them with. There are no shortage of reference data to use for this, because the mods follow a structure identical to the base game. It's like super-easy bro.

Give it a try, and join the modding brethren! You're with friends!
I'm more interested in the campaign aspect. and everytime I attempt to add them to stations something goes wrong.
"Watch me"

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Nice sprites here, though I need big ones not small ones...... Still, keep the art flowing :)

EDIT: I could use you if you could make a really huge ship (like really huge ship), I know all about the coding procedures now, though not always do I succeed on the first try.
Yes, I'm offering you a position in my team, but it is up to you to take it ;), though your sprites are Damn good, anyway, I'm just looking for a sprite which is bigger than any current I have.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 03:35:50 AM by Upgradecap »
Pages: [1] 2