Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Spriter seeking someone to collaborate with. (I sprite like a monkey on crack)  (Read 10181 times)

Apophis

• Captain
    • View Profile

You really ought to try implementing your ships fully, medi. I say this for the simple reason that it is remarkably easy, and I think you've got it into your head that it's hard. Have you given it an honest try? Making the  sprite, and associated .ship is seriously 90% of the work man. All you have to do is throw some balance values into the ship data csv and make a test mission to playtest them with. There are no shortage of reference data to use for this, because the mods follow a structure identical to the base game. It's like super-easy bro.

Give it a try, and join the modding brethren! You're with friends!
I'm more interested in the campaign aspect. and everytime I attempt to add them to stations something goes wrong.
I can fix your files if you send me them

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Nice sprites here, though I need big ones not small ones...... Still, keep the art flowing :)

EDIT: I could use you if you could make a really huge ship (like really huge ship), I know all about the coding procedures now, though not always do I succeed on the first try.
Yes, I'm offering you a position in my team, but it is up to you to take it ;), though your sprites are Damn good, anyway, I'm just looking for a sprite which is bigger than any current I have.

That ship on the middle-right might fit the bill. ;)
Anyway, I've got a grasp on coding now and I've gotten a few ships/fighters in game.  Even got one into the Hegemony Station.  Not delivered, though. :-\I replaced a ship that was already in.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

TheCornerBro

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

As far as how good of a coder you want I'm not sure, but I can probably add anything that's already in the game e.g. planets, ships, stores etc.

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile

As far as how good of a coder you want I'm not sure, but I can probably add anything that's already in the game e.g. planets, ships, stores etc.
factions? stations?
"Captain! You can't call our greatest dreadnought 'The Parrot'"
"Watch me"
Spiral Arms: Ship Sprites for Everyone

TheCornerBro

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I can do factions and stations. :P (although certain things may require tinkering)

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I can do factions and stations. :P (although certain things may require tinkering)
so did you have a faction in mind that you'd like to see?
"Watch me"

TheCornerBro

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Currently I'm trying to make Covenant and UNSC (Halo) factions, but it's kind of a three man job and none of us can sprite so currently we are just pulling top-down game picks off the internet :P.

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Currently I'm trying to make Covenant and UNSC (Halo) factions, but it's kind of a three man job and none of us can sprite so currently we are just pulling top-down game picks off the internet :P.

yeah, not sure I can make those, i usually make kitbashes of the ships already available
"Watch me"

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile

still hunting
"Watch me"
Pages: 1 [2]