Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: missiles  (Read 2585 times)

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile
missiles
« on: March 21, 2012, 11:03:14 AM »

so i've been playing for a while and i don't like that missiles can be outrun indefinitely/dodged. I decided to change that, but i can't figure out if a higher 'acc' number under the engine specs list will give me faster missiles or slower ones

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
Re: missiles
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 11:49:38 AM »

You want faster missiles, you need to change the projectile speed in the weapons.csv - this determines top speed of missiles as well as travel speed of launched projectiles. The "acc" variable in the engine spec for the missile determines the missile's "thrust" or "acceleration" - but it is still capped at the weapon's projectile speed from the csv.

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 12:01:03 PM »

I agree it can get a little crazy... Those dang hounds can outrun swarmers for instance and I believe those are one of the fastest, if not the fastest missiles... But there is a reason they can outrun it.. Frigates would be pretty bad if every missile hit them.

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 01:50:36 PM »

i found the csv thing on my own and tried doubling their speed. that made my original problem 'missiles are too slow and are pretty useless against anything faster than you' into 'missiles are overpowered'

my next attempt is going to bring back the original max speed of missiles, but give them a much higher launch speed. So if you've got them aimed right, all they need to do is minor course corrections and not die to PD in order to hit stuff.

also screw hounds and their 'i'm faster than you and i'm going to dodge everything you shoot at me until i get bored and leave because you have shields.'