Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: [0.97a] Supply Forging 1.5a  (Read 144913 times)

Lorebot

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Supply Forging 1.4
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2021, 07:34:32 AM »

Please break with the convention of condescending passive-aggressive commenting in the settings file.
The more disorganized and more cocky it gets the more offensive it becomes. Refrain from using math in your argument. Math is based on fundamental terms and terms that can be reduced to fundamentals, whereas you apply a hidden, unexplained logic in your mod how forged supplies are calculated, project it (in your head) as general knowledge and make a personal insult to the user based on this twisted assumption. Even if you introduced the logic in the mod description that could theoretically put the blame on the player, which you didn't, you must understand that you have no right to do this.

Personally its not fun correcting, rephrasing and moving the comments for clarity on each release.
Regardless your expectations for positive and negative feedback, I think people come here for new possibilities thanks to this great idea, not for insults.
Please don't be a jerk, you don't see the whole picture. The snarky comment about math is a left over from an older version of the mod where the conversion values for things were actually in the settings file and not based on a global variable that's defined outside the mod. I agree that it's not very helpful and needs to be updated, but there's no reason to get nasty about it. You said yourself it's not fun correcting comments, so you already know why it wasn't updated when the mod changed.

Just enjoy the mod and be respectful.

TANK6110

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Supply Forging 1.41
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2021, 04:33:51 AM »

1.41 will work on version 0.9.1a

pearagon

• Ensign
  • im into resting
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2021, 08:32:29 PM »

Is it possible to make it so you must have a nanoforge with you in order to forge supplies? I like the idea of the mod but I would personally prefer to add the constraint to my play through.

BaBosa

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Supply Forging 1.0
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2021, 06:09:58 PM »

Rather weird considering supplies also consist of rations, clothing and such. Breakfast? Metal. Yum!
I’ve always thought that the supplies are used to maintain a hydroponics system and not actually contain food. It makes more sense.
Same with everything else that would be needed on a ship but doesn’t seem to fit into supplies. The supplies are used to feed and maintain minor 3D printers or other assembling machines.

SirStargateur

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2021, 09:00:30 PM »

I would love see this mod require to "link" a nanoforge to a ship instead of just "having them in inventory", with potentially adding some "industrial support" ship, the game really need more option for salvaging ship.

PureDesire

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2021, 11:01:37 PM »

Hello,may I translate this mod in to Chinese and pu it on Chinese community of starsector?

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2021, 11:56:47 AM »

Hello,may I translate this mod in to Chinese and pu it on Chinese community of starsector?
OKAY.

Disclaimer: I am not liable for bad software or human translation.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 12:23:26 PM by Techpriest »

PureDesire

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2021, 12:21:18 AM »

Thank you very much ;D

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2021, 05:03:00 AM »

I would love see this mod require to "link" a nanoforge to a ship instead of just "having them in inventory", with potentially adding some "industrial support" ship, the game really need more option for salvaging ship.
Agreed. Nijgen Extend has a nice system for forge ship, even if a bit of overcomplicated. Mounting an extra nanoforge inside your logistic ship would be great. Could also add a kind of modular version of Salvage Gauntry that is worser at salvaging but provides a boost to production of supplies. Hell, could actually expand the mod into whole industrual hullmod one. Like a hullmod to augment your fighter clamps/converted hangar ships with properly produced fighters using a logistic ship - though only a first few batches of fighters benefit from proper quality.

Amricon.

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2021, 12:53:38 AM »

Nice mod and I like it.
@PureDesire had just stuck at the source code compiling and the whole localization process stopped for a couple of weeks..eh,maybe months.May I take over his work and post it to our community?(www.fossic.org). Original author name, pages URL and Authorization will be quoted,and you can cancel this at anytime.

ps:Of course not google translation;)
com
reply:Thx.now the .jar has been complied and transfered to pre-translator,it's just a matter of time for him to complete and post the localized version.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 08:33:52 AM by Amricon. »

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2021, 01:01:22 AM »

Nice mod and I like it.
@PureDesire had just stuck at the source code compiling and the whole localization process stopped for a couple of weeks..eh,maybe months.May I take over his work and post it to our community?(www.fossic.org). Original author name, pages URL and Authorization will be quoted,and you can cancel this at anytime.

ps:Of course not google translation;)

of course no problem!

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Supply Forging 1.5
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2022, 10:04:06 PM »

Changelog 1.5:

• Super duper compatibility for 0.95.1a
  • No longer considers nanoforges in your inventory for bonuses, only salvage gantry hullmod and modded ones as well as all generic civilian ships.
Save-game compatible.

tzuridis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2022, 11:39:36 AM »

Any chance you can make a similar mod with Volatiles and Fuel?

I've been messing around using ore as a commodity to create supplies to make mining with Nex extremely useful for staying in the outer reach

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2022, 12:56:10 AM »

There's one here that does that. Although it may be a little OP.

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=22961.30
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

Lux

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Supply Forging 1.0
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2022, 08:09:38 AM »

Rather weird considering supplies also consist of rations, clothing and such. Breakfast? Metal. Yum!

Legends say Anemia was never heard from in the sector again
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6