Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: [0.97a] Supply Forging 1.5a  (Read 144825 times)

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Supply Forging 1.4
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2021, 07:31:26 AM »

Changelog 1.4:

• Added some setting.json stuff, I forgot really optimizes the game.
  • Ships with Salvage Gantry now provides a modifier of +40%.
  • Pristine Nanoforge increased from +25% to +30%.
Save-game compatible.

Twilight Sentinel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2021, 10:48:00 AM »

Since supplies also contain food for the crew, shouldn't they require a little organics/food to make?

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2021, 03:36:19 PM »

Since supplies also contain food for the crew, shouldn't they require a little organics/food to make?

Go in setting.json and change it.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2021, 03:39:40 PM »

Well you can edit setting.json in data/config to add organics to be a convertible commodity by editing these lines:

#UseExtraCommodities can either be set from 0-whateverasmuchasyoulike. If it's, 0 it will not detect any extra commodity to convert.
   "UseExtraCommodities": 0,

#Here's a list of all the commodities: organics,volatiles,ore,rare_ore,rare_metals,domestic_goods,organs,drugs,hand_weapons,luxury_goods,lobster,alpha_core,beta_core,gamma_core
   "ExtraCommodities0":"rare_ore",
   "ExtraCommodities1":"organics",

#ExtraCommodities0, ExtraCommodities1, ExtraCommodities2, ExtraCommodities3, ExtraCommodities4 must then have text string that make sense or else it'll CTD!

#The cost should be more than zero or I'll get really mad.
   "ExtraCommoditiesCost0":1,
   "ExtraCommoditiesCost1":3,

#Not to mention you need to also put a corresponding Cost as well like ExtraCommoditiesCost2, and so on.

Personally I like to mine and am trying to add ore since I get so much of it and it is basically raw metal but each time I fiddle with the settings I cannot seem to get it right, maybe someone would be kind enough to go over a bit more clear for non modders how to add commodities.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2021, 03:39:57 PM »

lol ok I guess techpriest beat me to it

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2021, 03:57:27 PM »

I followed your code and replaced food with ore. I do see that ore now shows up when I hover over the icon. My question is how does this effect me overall output? Do I have to have ore now as well as metal or does it work like normal when I do not have ore but increases output when I do have ore?

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2021, 04:04:07 PM »

I followed your code and replaced food with ore. I do see that ore now shows up when I hover over the icon. My question is how does this effect me overall output? Do I have to have ore now as well as metal or does it work like normal when I do not have ore but increases output when I do have ore?
Requires ore as well.

#Negi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2021, 09:36:02 PM »

Now can you make it modular?  Can it be made to create more than just supplies, say I want to smelt Ore and Transplutonics into their Metal forms, seems like something the Bear from Varya's should be able to do.  What about Volatiles into Fuel?  Metals, Transplutonics, Volatiles, into Heavy Machinery?  Basically, the mod currently lets you turn anything (via editing settings) into supplies, but can it be made to let you turn anything into anything else, not just supplies?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 10:07:58 PM by #Negi »

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Supply Forging 1.41
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2021, 11:41:12 AM »

Changelog 1.41:

• Super duper compatibility for 0.95a
Save-game compatible.

Lorebot

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2021, 09:46:21 PM »

I dislike that the Heavy Machinery is actually consumed by the forging process instead of just being required. If I change the settings to require 0 machinery will that mess up the conversion rate calculation or will it still consider the value of heavy machinery without consuming it?

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2021, 09:53:41 PM »

I dislike that the Heavy Machinery is actually consumed by the forging process instead of just being required. If I change the settings to require 0 machinery will that mess up the conversion rate calculation or will it still consider the value of heavy machinery without consuming it?
No, it won't mess it up. You'll still need 1 heavy machinery to activate it, but it won't consume it.

5ColouredWalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2021, 07:11:12 AM »

Is it possible for the mod to detect what size ship salvage gantries are on?
Just laughing in my current game that a Cruiser sized salvage gantries and a frigate sized one provide the same bonus.

Lorebot

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2021, 11:46:30 PM »

I noticed "SF_Input" in the settings and tried to set it to False to have the bonuses from nanoforges and salvage gantries not affect the input, but it doesn't seem to be working. It's still increasing the consumption of metals and machinery, at least in the tooltip I haven't actually watched how much it's consuming from my inventory.

I also noticed that the mod description says the bonus from nanoforges and gantries is supposed to be capped at the number of ships in your fleet, but I don't see any sort of limit like that in the game. How is that supposed to actually be applied? By the description I assumed that the additional output would be capped at however many ships I have in the fleet, so if I only have 5 ships I shouldn't be able to get more than 5 extra supplies from that bonus? Am I misunderstanding it?

Also, I wanted to make the ability consume Fuel too but it wasn't in the list of commodities you put in the documentation. I put Fuel in anyhow and it seems to work. Not sure if you want to add Fuel to the documentation or not.

You may also want to clarify the documentation for "SF_MetalConversionRate" since the values of the inputs aren't defined in the settings anymore. I was confused about what that was actually controlling and had to test it out to figure out that it alters the base amount of supplies produced per day.

I'm wondering how the mod would react to having a fractional value in "SF_HeavyMachineryCost". If I put in .5 or .33 would it only consume 1 unit every other or every third day or does it only function in whole units and would consume 1 unit per day?

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2021, 12:37:17 AM »

I noticed "SF_Input" in the settings and tried to set it to False to have the bonuses from nanoforges and salvage gantries not affect the input, but it doesn't seem to be working. It's still increasing the consumption of metals and machinery, at least in the tooltip I haven't actually watched how much it's consuming from my inventory.
I'll look at it.

I also noticed that the mod description says the bonus from nanoforges and gantries is supposed to be capped at the number of ships in your fleet, but I don't see any sort of limit like that in the game. How is that supposed to actually be applied? By the description I assumed that the additional output would be capped at however many ships I have in the fleet, so if I only have 5 ships I shouldn't be able to get more than 5 extra supplies from that bonus? Am I misunderstanding it?
Capped at the actual number of your fleet. Not 1 supply per ship, but rather 1 nanoforge bonus (like say if you have 5 ships, then only up to +125% of the base number is applied) per ship.

Also, I wanted to make the ability consume Fuel too but it wasn't in the list of commodities you put in the documentation. I put Fuel in anyhow and it seems to work. Not sure if you want to add Fuel to the documentation or not.
Cuz that would be annoying with fuel siphoning and create some fun feedback loop. You can still do it if you want,

You may also want to clarify the documentation for "SF_MetalConversionRate" since the values of the inputs aren't defined in the settings anymore. I was confused about what that was actually controlling and had to test it out to figure out that it alters the base amount of supplies produced per day.
Okay!

I'm wondering how the mod would react to having a fractional value in "SF_HeavyMachineryCost". If I put in .5 or .33 would it only consume 1 unit every other or every third day or does it only function in whole units and would consume 1 unit per day?
The former.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2021, 06:26:13 AM »

Please break with the convention of condescending passive-aggressive commenting in the settings file.
The more disorganized and more cocky it gets the more offensive it becomes. Refrain from using math in your argument. Math is based on fundamental terms and terms that can be reduced to fundamentals, whereas you apply a hidden, unexplained logic in your mod how forged supplies are calculated, project it (in your head) as general knowledge and make a personal insult to the user based on this twisted assumption. Even if you introduced the logic in the mod description that could theoretically put the blame on the player, which you didn't, you must understand that you have no right to do this.

Personally its not fun correcting, rephrasing and moving the comments for clarity on each release.
Regardless your expectations for positive and negative feedback, I think people come here for new possibilities thanks to this great idea, not for insults.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6